PDA

View Full Version : Offline Co-op games for 360

EciDemon
11-13-07, 04:53 AM
Was just wondering if there were any good offline Co-op games available on the 360 besides Gears of War and Halo 3, me and my brother have played them soo much now, we need something new lol.

Problem is, It's very hard to get my brother to play anything else then old pc games (dungeon siege, diablo2), or old emulated games.

However, he had a blast with me in Halo3, and Gears of War, *but not Perfect Dark*

Wanted to pick something up after work today, I just dont know my self of any good co-op game for the 360. If there even is any such game out yet.

Any tips ?

NaitoSan
11-13-07, 05:57 AM
You could try some XBLA games like Smash TV, Marathon 2, DOOM or so. I know they're not new but at least they offer offline COOP. That's all I know but maybe there is... I've been too busy with school so hopefully someone will input here with any other games that I might not aware of. :)

crainger
11-13-07, 06:01 AM
Lego Star Wars series. New one is coming this month if it's not already out.

EciDemon
11-13-07, 06:30 AM
To be quite honest, ive not payed much attention to the Arcade stuff on xbox live, ive no connection @ home but I could always get some points and DL at friends house.

I just saw some shots from SF2hd, that looks really cool. It's about friggin time they did a highres re-release. Im one of those suckers who has most of the old re-releases for various formats lol.

Im stopping by the game store after work, so I was more interested in some retail games. Gonna take a look at the Starwars game if its out :)

EDIT:
the two Ghost Recon games any good ?
Never played those my self.

Peoples-Agent
11-13-07, 10:16 AM
Im pretty certain Call of Duty 4 has a split screen mode, but havent really tried it yet. Not sure what you can do with it.

Lyme
11-13-07, 10:34 AM
There are a number of titles that are not FPS like:
Spiderman friend or foe
Looney toons acme arsinal
marvel ultimate alliance
Crash Bandicoot

Mr. Hunt
11-13-07, 10:41 AM
Kane and Lynch is supposed to be Coop... and it seems awesome.

Severian126
11-13-07, 03:21 PM
Not sure if it's out yet, But Army of Two from what I see looks like a solid co-op shooter.

LycosV
11-13-07, 05:25 PM
Army of Two comes out next year from what I've seen.

A few good co-op games:
Earth Defense Force 2017: Fantasticlly fun game in the same thread as serious same. Big guns blowing up big stuff! :)
Kameo: A good co-op time
Lego Star Wars: I've only played the second one on the 360, but it was great fun.

The new ghost recon games are good, I highly recommend playing them, but the co-op missions aren't the same as the campaign and aren't as fun. On the PC you can play co-op through the campaign, but not on the 360.

ViN86
11-13-07, 05:52 PM
CoD4 should have a pretty good campaign.

LycosV
11-13-07, 10:06 PM
CoD4 should have a pretty good campaign.

I looked for co-op in CoD4 the other day, I don't think it's there.

ViN86
11-13-07, 10:48 PM
I looked for co-op in CoD4 the other day, I don't think it's there.
oh... 1-4 players is only online?

that sucks if that's the case :(

w/e, ill still buy it lol.

EciDemon
11-14-07, 02:18 AM
Went down to the store after work yesterday, I looked at CoD4, seems like a good game but It didn't seem to support split screen.

So based on vague co-op info found via google searching i picked up both GRAW2 and Rainbow Six vegas.

Bah!
In rainbow six you could co-op single maps from the campain. So we tried GRAW2, dunno what I did wrong but I could not even start a co-op session there. Graw2 seemd nice enugh to play single but I wanted something that I could play with my brother so I went back with both games for a full refund and picked up Virtua Fighter 5 instead, not co-op but atleast a two player game.

Army of Two looks awesome, it was suposed to be released this week, but got puched back to next year, *prolly due to Crycis and Assasins creed being released this week*

Defanatly going to checkout Kameo, it's very cheap these days. I never realised it has co-op.
Kane and Lynch should be released soon, but it got bad reviews in the mag i read (5/10).
Earth Defense Force 2017, never seen or heard of this one, checked out some shots on gamefaqs just now, I think this could work :) mixed user reviews, but atleast it is a co-op shooter. - gonna read some reviews on it soon.

Thanks for all the input guys!

LycosV
11-14-07, 11:51 AM
I was kinda pissed about the lack of true coop in GRAW2 as well. Like I said above, the PC version has it, but the 360 doesn't.

EDF 2017 is a fun game, but it has a definate B-Movie feel to it. If you approach it like a B-Movie, looking to laugh at it, you'll have a great time. :)