PDA

View Full Version : Gears of War PC Lag

CDE_1246
11-13-07, 09:28 PM
Please post any useful information you can about any thing you have done to improve performance in this game and reduce lag.

This game lags constantly on my PC whether its running on the lowest settings or completely maxed out. The frame rate is smooth though.

Thanks!

DRen72
11-13-07, 09:43 PM
Not sure. It seems to run reasonably well 100% maxed out (less DoF and with low Post Processing...only because I detest those "effects"). I did notice some hitching here and there so I tried the lower texture settings and that completely smoothed it out, but the trade off for low resolution textures wasn't worth it to me, so I put it back on max textures and dealt with a little hitching which I only notice when running to the next bit of action.

Basically I think this one really benefits from at least dual-cores and a GTX video card.

conroejoe
11-13-07, 09:52 PM
Please post any useful information you can about any thing you have done to improve performance in this game and reduce lag.

This game lags constantly on my PC whether its running on the lowest settings or completely maxed out. The frame rate is smooth though.

Thanks!

Hardocp had issues with the 320MB 8800GTS and lag. My buddy has a 320MB and has no issues. Not sure what causes the issue for some people...

ascully
11-14-07, 04:23 AM
no issues here at all with a 320MB 8800GTS in 1900x1200 everything on high apart from textures set to medium

omzig
11-14-07, 06:42 AM
I to have the jerky hicthes every few mins despite it pretty much running at its locked 62 FPS 95% of the time and as you can pretty much run back and forth between these hicthes when you find one i guess it has something to do with loading textures for the next section of the lvl your entering

I had some success in setting the line

OnlyStreamInTextures=False

to

OnlyStreamInTextures=True

on vista thats found in the User\Documents\My Games\Gears of War for Windows\WarGame\Config\WarEngineUserSettings.ini

That removed pretty much all the hicthing apart from checkpiont saves that is untill i hit Act V (the people can fly made stuff)and then it was back to giltch city....

Also im finding that on Act V im clipping into and getting stuck on many parts of the level casuing me to refight 3 or 4 big battles(thats not much fun on hardcore) seems PCF didnt get around to placing all there clipping brushes...

& i know its been said alot in other threads but pretty ****ty support sofar from epic & co GOW must have had very limited beta testing to go out in this state but i guess they wanted i out before crysis hit....again im a paying beta tester for yet another UE3 game....