PDA

View Full Version : F/S: OCZ Gamestream 600W PSU

Pages : [1] 2 3

methimpikehoses
11-13-07, 11:57 PM
Like new condition, it's about 6 months old. This PSU is plenty for a quad and a 8800GTX. I'm not really sure what my price should be... open to suggestions.

We'll say $75 shipped to start. It's $106 shipped at the Egg after rebate.

This PSU is very quiet and has a bright blue LED on the fan.
Specs: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817341001

Registered seller.

http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=57504

methimpikehoses
11-14-07, 01:22 AM
ttt

Bearclaw
11-14-07, 03:33 AM
If I was in the market for a PSU I would grab this right away.

BUMP for a good seller and a good deal. :thumbsup:

gulizard
11-14-07, 09:52 AM
I need a PSU - you still selling? It might be a few weeks but I could get it, just need to finish buying Christmas, and get past Thanksgivings. Does it come in the retail box, with the instructions, and how long have you used it, and everything works on it correct, and I'd like to know why you're selling it before I consider it...

DiscipleDOC
11-14-07, 09:53 AM
If I were you, I would PM him and try to get his attention that way...

methimpikehoses
11-14-07, 09:59 AM
I need a PSU - you still selling? It might be a few weeks but I could get it, just need to finish buying Christmas, and get past Thanksgivings. Does it come in the retail box, with the instructions, and how long have you used it, and everything works on it correct, and I'd like to know why you're selling it before I consider it...

It's got all of the screws and the power cord it came with, and the original box. It runs like new, and has run great for the 6 months I had it. I got a deal on 750W recently, so I simply have no need for this one.

methimpikehoses
11-14-07, 10:31 AM
(bump)

gulizard
11-14-07, 02:33 PM
Alright if its still available I'll try to get it in the following weeks... I got a 450 and its just not enough for my GTX, plus I planned to go SLI soon... OCZ is a great brand my current PSU is OCZ and it has ran great for me for 3 years. It does run the GTX but I got a feeling its straining it considering the amount of fans I got, and all the other stuff I've got hooked up to it.

methimpikehoses
11-14-07, 03:19 PM
gulizard... if I sell it in the meantime then I will let you know before I sell, but hopefully it's gone in less than a few weeks.

Redeemed
11-14-07, 03:34 PM
Alright if its still available I'll try to get it in the following weeks... I got a 450 and its just not enough for my GTX, plus I planned to go SLI soon... OCZ is a great brand my current PSU is OCZ and it has ran great for me for 3 years. It does run the GTX but I got a feeling its straining it considering the amount of fans I got, and all the other stuff I've got hooked up to it.

I would not try and run dual GTXs with only 600watts of power. More than likely you'd be in the same boat then as you are now.

methimpikehoses
11-14-07, 04:28 PM
I would not try and run dual GTXs with only 600watts of power. More than likely you'd be in the same boat then as you are now.

This is true... I doubt it will power 2 GTX's. I think you need at least 700W for that. It would probably do fine with 2 GT's.

methimpikehoses
11-14-07, 08:50 PM
ttt

gulizard
11-14-07, 11:18 PM

Doubtful... this 450 I got here has more rails on the 12V then most normal PSU's... all the OCZ PSU are top quality.. I've got a 1000W and it won't even run this Pc its some off brand crap, yet this 450 will power my system... either way I'd feel more comfortable with a 600W, then I would a 450. Im not in a boat now, it runs things, fine but I do need to upgrade.

Redeemed
11-15-07, 01:21 AM
Doubtful... this 450 I got here has more rails on the 12V then most normal PSU's... all the OCZ PSU are top quality.. I've got a 1000W and it won't even run this Pc its some off brand crap, yet this 450 will power my system... either way I'd feel more comfortable with a 600W, then I would a 450. Im not in a boat now, it runs things, fine but I do need to upgrade.

Have you actually tested the load on your psu? More than likely it is continuously functioning near its limits.

Let me put it this way: is it smart to always push your car as far as it will go? Continously making it move as fast as it can (for the sake of this example, let's just ignore on the safety risks involved in doing such and focus on the wear, tear, and stress placed upon the car)? No, of course not. You'll likely blow something up (break something in other words) either resulting in you needing to buy a whole new car or spend tons of money to repair the car. Same thing with your computer. Remember, you PSU is *literally* the heart of your system- it provides the very blood *every* component needs. Running it at near its peak continuously is, bluntly, dumb.

Wattage alone is not the key factor, you're right about that- amperage does play a huge factor. But it is not the *only* factor to consider. You could have all the amps in the world available on the 12v rail- but if you don't have the watts to back that up those amperes amount to jack. Remember- if you overload your psu you *do risk* frying your *entire system*. Is that a mistake your willing to risk taking? If you got the money, be my guest. I'm just trying to prevent you from regretting this decision. Even methim, the guy trying to sell this PSU, agrees with me.

And trust me, I know the quality of OCZ PSUs. My previous rig was powered by their GameXtreme 700 watt psu- 20 amps on all four 12v rails. It was an awesome PSU. But after buying this Silverstone 850watt PSU I had no need for the OCZ and thus sold it to a friend. But for a while that OCZ was running this rig even when I had both GTSs (640MB) in it- not a sweat. So their great PSUs... but regardless, they still have their limits.

gulizard
11-15-07, 02:03 AM
Have you actually tested the load on your psu? More than likely it is continuously functioning near its limits.

Let me put it this way: is it smart to always push your car as far as it will go? Continously making it move as fast as it can (for the sake of this example, let's just ignore on the safety risks involved in doing such and focus on the wear, tear, and stress placed upon the car)? No, of course not. You'll likely blow something up (break something in other words) either resulting in you needing to buy a whole new car or spend tons of money to repair the car. Same thing with your computer. Remember, you PSU is *literally* the heart of your system- it provides the very blood *every* component needs. Running it at near its peak continuously is, bluntly, dumb.

Wattage alone is not the key factor, you're right about that- amperage does play a huge factor. But it is not the *only* factor to consider. You could have all the amps in the world available on the 12v rail- but if you don't have the watts to back that up those amperes amount to jack. Remember- if you overload your psu you *do risk* frying your *entire system*. Is that a mistake your willing to risk taking? If you got the money, be my guest. I'm just trying to prevent you from regretting this decision. Even methim, the guy trying to sell this PSU, agrees with me.

And trust me, I know the quality of OCZ PSUs. My previous rig was powered by their GameXtreme 700 watt psu- 20 amps on all four 12v rails. It was an awesome PSU. But after buying this Silverstone 850watt PSU I had no need for the OCZ and thus sold it to a friend. But for a while that OCZ was running this rig even when I had both GTSs (640MB) in it- not a sweat. So their great PSUs... but regardless, they still have their limits.

Yeah but I don't think a 600W will make a difference. I don't plan on going SLI for a bit anyway...

I do push the cars I got to the limits, wanna buy a Mazda 626 2000, with a V6 Turbo in it ? :D.. or a Ford Expedition I've only replaced the transmission on it 3 times, and the engine once( has a police cruiser engine in it) gets about 11 miles to the gallon, it runs great other then that. Yeah your right I probably push my F450 to its limits, or my girls 300c but I have the cash to do it, I just dislike spending it... so I am always looking for a bargain... and this PSU here is one... though I am tight on cash right now because of Thanksgivings, and Christmas coming up.

methimpikehoses
11-15-07, 10:23 AM
bump

methimpikehoses
11-15-07, 11:56 PM
ttt

methimpikehoses
11-17-07, 04:45 PM
someone buy this this weekend!

Redeemed
11-17-07, 05:26 PM
$75? Let me think about it. Somebody (a new member) was selling an 850Watt PSU for like $90- but so far they have not contacted me and it's been several days. I actually have a need for two PSUs... and this one you are selling would do perfectly for a system I'm trying to get together.

Though I might need you to come down on the price just a wee... regardless, let me think about $75 for a bit and I'll get back to you.

methimpikehoses
11-18-07, 04:22 PM
$70 SHIPPED

Redeemed
11-18-07, 06:03 PM
$70 SHIPPED
Buddy, you're *reeeeaaaaaaalllyyy* tempting me now... $70, gees! :p

I'll get back to ya' buddy. :D

methimpikehoses
11-19-07, 11:27 AM
Buddy, you're *reeeeaaaaaaalllyyy* tempting me now... $70, gees! :p

I'll get back to ya' buddy. :D

I'm going to put this up for the jackals at [H] if this doesn't sell soon.

*cough* ...Redeemed... *cough*

methimpikehoses
11-19-07, 12:50 PM
SOLD

to Redeemed for 1 million dollars. :D

Pls. close thread.

Redeemed
11-19-07, 01:37 PM
Hi.

methimpikehoses
11-19-07, 01:47 PM
Hi.

You may take your item and leave the store now sir.