PDA

View Full Version : so many games, is it wise?

nekrosoft13
11-14-07, 07:33 AM
Do you think its wise for so many publishers/developers releasing some many games at the same time?

Many games will not get the expossure they deserve, and will just end up being overshadowed by 2-3 good titles.

qube
11-14-07, 07:40 AM
its stupid to rel so many games at once

Mr. Hunt
11-14-07, 07:52 AM
It is stupid and it also makes us suffer through the summer drought of games where we get like... 3 decent games usually.

poullos
11-14-07, 07:57 AM
It is stupid and it also makes us suffer through the summer drought of games where we get like... 3 decent games usually.
3? I had one and this was a late buy for a 2006 game..

Mr. Hunt
11-14-07, 08:01 AM
I said decent... not blockbuster titles.

conroejoe
11-14-07, 08:02 AM
Do you think its wise for so many publishers/developers releasing some many games at the same time?

Many games will not get the expossure they deserve, and will just end up being overshadowed by 2-3 good titles.

It makes for a great holiday season and a great time to be a gamer. But I agree they could've given us a few games each month instead of 90% of them all in November.

jeffmd
11-14-07, 08:23 AM
its called the holiday season. ^^

Btw just because they came out at the same time dosnt mean you need to play them all now.

SH64
11-14-07, 08:32 AM
Its not. i would've been so much better if these titles were released on different times of this year.

DRen72
11-14-07, 08:33 AM
I really like the fact we have so much to choose from, but I have to agree that it should have been spread out a little more. I can't finish all these that fast...nor do I want to. At least I know they are there when I'm ready to start a new title.

hirantha
11-14-07, 08:42 AM
its all about the December buying season... yes it sux when you are going to buy em.. i had to spend over $150 on 3 games in a single day..

SwedX
11-14-07, 09:29 AM
Yeah its gaming season but as nekro says I feel to that some great titles will be overshadowed but atleast we have all vinter to play em all :D

Crysis alone is worth every bucks a put into my rig, you gotta love these brothers and cant wait to see future titles from them!

This is just their second game and by the reviews it's out of this world, the gfx we allready know it is!

I say Crytek is everything what Pc Gaming is for me. they are defenetly the NO1 in the world ..Epic heh who needs them at all, go console faggots as they seems to love that, I dont care at all. Crytek owns them all thats for sure :D

Fats_43
11-14-07, 09:33 AM
Yeah its gaming season but as nekro says I feel to that some great titles will be overshadowed but atleast we have all vinter to play em all :D

Crysis alone is worth every bucks a put into my rig, you gotta love these brothers and cant wait to see future titles from them!

This is just their second game and it's by the reviews out of this world, the gfx we allready know it is!

I say Crytek is everything what Pc Gaming is for me. they are defenetly the NO1 in the world ..Epic heh who needs them at all, go console faggots as they seems to love that, I dont care at all. Crytek owns them all thats for sure :D

Yup Epic seems to have sold out to consoles I just hope Crytek doesn't but with EA publishing we might see Crysis on Consoles :/ Just look what EA Sports did with their Sports lineup this year in regards to PC haha what a joke.

Yeah there's a ton of games right now to many to play agrrhhh... Time to stock pile til next PC gaming drought

Stoneyguy
11-14-07, 09:53 AM
It's bad for the industry, but it's really good for us. You can save alot of money if you have the discipline to buy one great game and wait until you finish it before buying another. At that rate the games will have dropped in price by quite a bit. I have difficulty in doing this though....

LordJuanlo
11-14-07, 09:58 AM
I think it would be good for us if we buy the game when we are going to play it. If you are lucky, you can get them cheaper than launch day. But I don't think it's good for developers, because I would buy a not very good game (rated 7) if there are no good games (rated 9) around, but this month I will only buy top-rated games, and other less stellar games that I would have enjoyed anyway, may be forgotten.

I think the delay of PC version of Assasin's creed has something to do with this crazy end of year in PC gaming.

SwedX
11-14-07, 11:55 AM
Yup Epic seems to have sold out to consoles I just hope Crytek doesn't but with EA publishing we might see Crysis on Consoles :/ Just look what EA Sports did with their Sports lineup this year in regards to PC haha what a joke.

Yeah there's a ton of games right now to many to play agrrhhh... Time to stock pile til next PC gaming drought

Yepp we never know but atleast Crytek go Pc first and pushing the envelope as hard as it can.

And in the interviews the say over and over again how much they love the Pc plattform so I dont think we have to worry that they will sell out to the consoles and im sure they make enough money so no problem there, they are the new pc gaming Mesiah :)

And remember that Pc gaming is growing every day, just look at Nvidias great 8800GT cards, they totaly fly of the shelfs and more and more console only devs are jumping on the Pc wagon so good times ahead trust that :D

As you said yourself we almost have to many great games and when do you remember we have that, im glad I sold the crap 360 in the spring and buildt a great gaming machine with a 8800GTX :D

LycosV
11-14-07, 02:13 PM
I don't like that they release all the games at Christmas, but I read an article that said that from a sales perspective even bad games sell better when they're released at Christmas than other times of the year. The only people that can afford to not release for the holidays are brand names that pull in people regardless (like Halo).

Everybody sells out to consoles eventually. There's just too much money there. You release a gome on the PC and make X dollars; release it on the consoles and you make 5X dollars, there's just no competition.

nutcrackr
11-14-07, 02:28 PM
Well there is a wide market, but I think it will hurt the little guys, timeshifts, haze etc. The games that would sometimes sell alright won't sell too great with crysis, cod 4, gears, ut3, orange box etc.

When 2004 was rolling with doom 3, hl2, far cry and more. Few people asked I think todd h what he thought, he said it was good for gamers and wasn't too worried about it.