PDA

View Full Version : Guitar Hero III or CoD4?

ViN86
11-14-07, 02:05 PM
im going either tonight or tomorrow night, what should i get? (for 360)

Severian126
11-14-07, 02:57 PM
Two very different games. It all depends, but personally, I'd say CoD 4. The SP game will blow you away, as will the multiplayer.

Of course, if you have friends to battle or you love jamming on the guitar to the tunes you like, then GH3.

evilchris
11-14-07, 03:00 PM
If you love jamming "on the guitar" to tunes you like buy a guitar.

Tygerwoody
11-14-07, 03:22 PM
REAL guitars are for OLD people.

/sorry just watched the newest SouthPark where they rip apart Guitar Hero.
//Guitar Hero looks gay as hell.

Tygerwoody
11-14-07, 03:28 PM
Same goes for Super Mario Galaxy (Galaxies?), but even though it looks incredibly gay, it's still fun.
Truth be told. The most I know of Guitar Hero is from watching the new episode of southpark. It might be fun, but I'll never know. :p

Camp0rz
11-14-07, 03:30 PM
I'm going to trade in gh3 for either cod4 or assassins creed. I loved gh2, but gh3 just isn't dragging me back to the 360 like the previous one did. I'm not sure what it is, but it definitely just isn't the same.

I don't think you really understood that episode of south park, Tygerwoody.

Ninjaman09
11-14-07, 03:30 PM
REAL guitars are for OLD people.

/sorry just watched the newest SouthPark where they rip apart Guitar Hero.
//Guitar Hero looks gay as hell.
Guitar Hero is a lot of fun. It's just a rhythm video game. Nobody who plays it thinks they are good at playing an actual instrument or a rock star or whatever. South Park generally satirizes things for fun and for the benefit of the people who actually enjoy whatever it is they're ripping apart (WoW, musical genres, etc). Only people who take themselves too seriously have such a problem with a game like Guitar Hero.

ViN86: For the record I voted for GH3, after all as great as CoD4 may be it's just another FPS in a sea of FPSs. GH3 is the best controlling of the series with the best track list as well. If you played any of the other games at all and liked them, this one is the best so far (the 360 version anyway).

Ninjaman09
11-14-07, 03:43 PM
I ended up getting the new guitar controller with it as well, so I'd have an extra for a friend. The controls feel more responsive and the flipper switch doesn't have the "kickback" that the Xplorer controller had, which annoyed the crap out of me on GH2. I've heard some negative feedback about the controller though, so I guess YMMV, but what I've got is the best controller I've used yet.

toxikneedle
11-14-07, 04:05 PM
for 360 get gh3, cod4 for pc

SH64
11-14-07, 04:08 PM
for 360 get gh3, cod4 for pc
Yep . CoD4 on PC & GH3 on 360.

problem solved! :D

ViN86
11-15-07, 01:47 AM
heh i have 2 guitars. im ok.

i just like guitar hero cause it's challenging.

ViN86
11-15-07, 01:49 AM
Guitar Hero is a lot of fun. It's just a rhythm video game. Nobody who plays it thinks they are good at playing an actual instrument or a rock star or whatever. South Park generally satirizes things for fun and for the benefit of the people who actually enjoy whatever it is they're ripping apart (WoW, musical genres, etc). Only people who take themselves too seriously have such a problem with a game like Guitar Hero.

ViN86: For the record I voted for GH3, after all as great as CoD4 may be it's just another FPS in a sea of FPSs. GH3 is the best controlling of the series with the best track list as well. If you played any of the other games at all and liked them, this one is the best so far (the 360 version anyway).
good point. i think ill be goin with guitar hero III. ill probably ask for CoD4 for Christmas.

didnt notice you with the new avatar Ninjaman, hehe.