PDA

View Full Version : NFS Pro Street -White specks!

alitayyab
11-16-07, 08:16 AM
hello,

the specs are in the sig (in case i didnt change it; card=8800gtx asus @stock)

the area in question is in the red circle
driver = 169.04
res=1024x768x8aa

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t316/alitayyab/nfsps.jpg

i get this is places in gears of war as well, same driver.
3dmark06 runs okay

any help would be appreciated!

8800reject#2
11-16-07, 11:31 AM
Those are referred to as T-junction artifacts. It is one of 2 things, the developers fault or your card is running too hot/ready to die. Unfortunately I haven't seen this in this game so you may want to think about RMA'ing if you can.

alitayyab
11-16-07, 01:08 PM
edit: nopes there with the 163 series as well
however as u can see they only appear on the cars, and not only in a place where two surfaces intersect:
(happens with both 169.04 and 163.75)

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t316/alitayyab/ps2.jpg

alitayyab
11-16-07, 02:04 PM
turning off AA gets rid of these!

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t316/alitayyab/ps4.jpg

Elvin Presler
11-19-07, 07:35 PM
The only time I have ever seen those was in FarCry, on certain spots/objects only. It was the early signs of a dying video card. It could not handle the stock speeds and when I under clocked it, the dots went away.

I had the card replaced and all was well...for about a year, and then that card (BFG 6800GT) died as well. RMA'ed it again and got another totally blown DOA card. RMA'ed it again and they sent me a BFG 7800GS that is still working fine.

*Assuming you know it is not running too hot*: Try underclocking your card a bit and see if they go away. If so, your card is junk. RMA time. Good luck with that! They like to just repeatedly send out the last guys fried card that got sent in defective for RMA, without even testing them until you either go away, or get mad and insist on a working card that has been tested.

green_meanie
11-21-07, 06:36 PM
If it only happens in that game I would suspect it's a software issue. If it happens in other games or if you underclock your card and it goes away then I would suspect a hardware issue.

Also as far as a RMA, I think it depends on the company as for what they send you in return. Some people seem to make a habit of sending in a defective card and expect a replacement card that is a step up from what they RMA'd. If they get the same model card back they pretend it's broken and send it back again until they get a upgrade. Then all of a sudden they have no problems with their upgraded card.

alitayyab
11-22-07, 04:36 AM
nopes only happens in this game with AA on, and some texture tearing in Gears of war with AA forced in dx9 other wise no problems!

i am pretty sure it's a driver issue. some pics posted at rage3d also show the same specs, albeit not as many.

Elvin Presler
11-22-07, 07:33 PM
Also as far as a RMA, I think it depends on the company as for what they send you in return. Some people seem to make a habit of sending in a defective card and expect a replacement card that is a step up from what they RMA'd.

The 6800GT they sent me in my case would not even display the white text while booting up. Just a glob of static. Same on the desktop....if there ever was one. All I expect is a working card that is not a downgrade. Example: If I sent in a 256 meg card and they sent me a 128 meg model, I would not accept that.

As for my 7800GS that replaced my 6800GT, it's not even an upgrade. Same features, memory and performance. If anything it was a downgrade.

i SPY
12-01-07, 07:00 PM
lol

Its gamma correct aa issue, disable it and you'll see its gone, also try disabling transparency aa to off.

I don't have those issues but some did just like you, i don't think its cards fault, i would blame the driver's.