PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed 360 First Few Hours Impression *Possible Spoilers*

Severian126
11-18-07, 01:23 AM
OK, I know there's a thread about this, but I'd rather have my own first short impression/review of this game.

First off, I read the reviews found in various sites and was a bit iffy on picking up this game. But right now, after logging in about 4 hours of gameplay, I must say the one I agree with is Gamespot's.

I was a bit taken aback by the introduction of the game, since I was really confused as to what was going on. It was a bit jarring to control Altiar initially but with instructions moving so fast I couldn't understand what it is I'm doing, and what's going on in the world.

Then zap, I'm taken into a laboritory controlling some kid in a sweater. Ok, WTF, I was thinking. Wasn't I supposed to be controlling some sort of bad-ass assassin during the First Crusade?! After figuring out what the hell is going on, I must say I was a bit disappointed by this turn of event. But not for long. As soon as I did a couple of missions with Altiar, I grew to love the game. Mind you I still hated the control the teenager bit, but I'm not far enough to pass judgement on it yet - though I honestly think they could've done away with the whole thing and just let me play Altiar without having anything to do with this futuristic genetics crap.

Anyway, the world is BEAUTIFUL! I read IGNs review, and what kind of **** are theys moking? I'm really glad they made Altiar so easy to control. It helped immerse me in the game since this guy is supposed to be king acrobatic monkey badass, and it's great the developers made the acrobatic moves so easy and accessable, since a lot of the moves if done any other way, would prove frustrating, as there are tons of corners, ledges, etc. to navitage in such a short amount of time. The freedom of movement, both horizontal and veritical, is refreshing, and I find myself spending the majority of time roaming through every corner, rooftops, and what not just to take in the sights. It's that good for me.

The combat is meh, but the assassination is pretty cool, especially when Altiar goes balls out and rushes the target. The AI is pretty good, but leaves a bit to be desired when 2 of them are standing next to each other, and Altiar offs the other one without the other guy noticing (ie: look at the shadows and can you hear the clanking of Altiars sword and your partner groaning while he dies??). But aside from that, the developers pulled off the combat mechanics nicely. Fighting mano-e-mano is pretty fun, but can be challenging when faced with a Templar or any other skilled opponent. Maybe I suck, but I find myself getting my ass knocked to the ground and having to run away. In this regards, the game can be somewhat like Tenchu AI wise...which is not too smart. I can run around the corner, and jump into a haystack with the AI coming into view a split second later. I mean, hello, there is a big pile of haystack dumbass, you should look there.

But all in all, I'm on my way to Dalmascus, since I spent most of my time just roaming around. So far so good, I LOVE this game and the graphics are amazing as well as the animation. I honestly didn't think they could pull off the graphics shown in the demo vids a year or so before, but they did. Kudos.

I'd give it a 4.5 out of 5 from what I've played so far, if I'd have to give it a score. Of course, that can change once I complete it.

Time to go back and finish this, in between NBA 2k8, Crysis, Call of Duty 4, and The Witcher. :)

delas52
11-18-07, 01:32 AM
I agree 100%. I am playing the same games as you :D (minus witcher plus fifa 08 and halo 3, with orange box waiting,and WiC unlikely to get finished)