PDA

View Full Version : Asus P5B Deluxe CMOS cleared to the max!

Eltigre88
11-20-07, 08:34 AM
I installed my Q6600 and booted up. I had so many issues it was sick! I ended up reinstalling Vista 64. There was no difference still had blue screens for page fault and IRQ issues. Also Vista was being a pain, would not let me update, download or save files. I disconnected the PSU, removed the battery and installed jumper. I waited 5 minutes reinstalled and booted up. This fixed everything and I have no issues. Then I reinstalled the OS to get rid of the ADMIN issues. I guess my question is, do you have to clear CMOS every time you install a new major hardware? Is this an ASUS thing?Now I will be busy reinstalling all my software and getting back to where I was.:thumbdwn:

qube
11-20-07, 08:47 AM
no you do not

spajdr
11-20-07, 08:53 AM
When i had Asus P5B Deluxe i didnt had any problems, not a single one.

andy_nv
11-20-07, 09:36 AM
On a P5B-E I just set the fsb and voltages to default, saved bios, powered down the machine and swapped the E6600 with a Q6600. Worked just fine with the latest bios, no OS reinstall or anything else required.

Eltigre88
11-20-07, 10:11 AM
I'm stable now. I had the same issues right after updating to newest bios. I was told to clear CMOS at that time and it fixed everything.