PDA

View Full Version : UT3 best one yet!!!

malachi1313
11-20-07, 02:05 PM
What can i say the demo sucked and the retail is awesome!! Looks and plays great and has that old unreal tournament feel. Maps are well laid out and designed cool too. UI is kinda wonky though...other than that this is a great game. I turned off depth of field and motion blur in the config and it looks even better. Depth of field to me screws with the visuals too much. Great addition to the UT universe. Opening Cinematic is WAY awesome!!!

SH64
11-20-07, 02:16 PM
What did you like in the retail & thought it "sucked" in the demo ?

DRen72
11-20-07, 02:33 PM
Better go ahead and sticky the thread for feedback. I'm anxious to see this one too.

malachi1313
11-20-07, 02:54 PM
What did you like in the retail & thought it "sucked" in the demo ?
For one the textures and effects look better in retail. Graphics are as good as gears of war and the game plays incredibly smooth. Very well optimized for the graphics.

m3dude
11-20-07, 02:57 PM
this doesnt make sense, almost nothings changed since the demo. they changed the flak secondary, fixed the server list sorting bug and thats about it. the graphics have been proven various times with screenshot comparisons to be nearly identical to the demo. a few of the textures are ever so slightly higher res, but its very minor.

SeriTonin
11-20-07, 03:26 PM
yeah, like one building texture will look really nice and detailed and then the texture next to it will be another building with a really low res texture.

They did it for speed, but man it looks ridiculous. :thumbdwn:

npras42
11-20-07, 03:40 PM
What can i say the demo sucked and the retail is awesome!! Looks and plays great and has that old unreal tournament feel. Maps are well laid out and designed cool too. UI is kinda wonky though...other than that this is a great game. I turned off depth of field and motion blur in the config and it looks even better. Depth of field to me screws with the visuals too much. Great addition to the UT universe. Opening Cinematic is WAY awesome!!!

:wtf:

I really don't understand how the slightest improvement in IQ has changed the game from "sucked" to "awesome".

People are really crazy!

hirantha
11-20-07, 03:50 PM
someone here must be working for Epic, conspiracy :cool:

sillyeagle
11-20-07, 04:06 PM
Graphics are as good as gears of war and the game plays incredibly smooth. Very well optimized for the graphics.

I thought the graphics in Gears were a big dissapointment. It looks like a game thats a year old, and if UT3 looks like its a year old, well that wouldn't be good. lol I though Bioshock looked way better than Gears.

ty1er
11-21-07, 10:07 AM
Yea, I have been disapointed with the texture quality in the demo. I wish the retail had the ablity to crank the texture quality up to "very high." Even if for performace dropped, it would still be worth it. Looking back on UT2004, all the textures look sooo crisp - UT3 is lacking in that department.

4q2
11-21-07, 10:35 AM
I'm a happy camper so far. The textures do seem a bit better than the demo, but the big thing is that the performance seems much better.

Seems like a good release to me. Several gameplay modes, DM, Team DM, CTF with and without Vehicles, Warfare (old Onslaught), and even a single player campaign tacked on for good measure.

I know I'll be playing UT3 long after I'm done with Crysis GOW etc.

As for the graphics they seem pretty good to me. Not up to Crysis standards but the FPS is much better. I'm still tweaking and have turned off Motion Blur and Depth of field and it seems to look and run much better to me. Why developers think blur-o-vision is a good thing I'll never know.

conroejoe
11-21-07, 11:43 AM
I thought the graphics in Gears were a big dissapointment. It looks like a game thats a year old, and if UT3 looks like its a year old, well that wouldn't be good. lol I though Bioshock looked way better than Gears.

GOW is a year old....port.

I know that GOW on the consoles sold great, but to be honest the gameplay makes it feel dated. The fake blood, etc. I feel like I'm playing UT 2004.

$n][pErMan
11-21-07, 08:31 PM
UT3 is out? lol

Richteralan
11-21-07, 09:32 PM
The demo sucked and the retail isn't much better yet.

OWA
11-21-07, 10:32 PM
I think the retail version is great (but I also liked the demo). Some of the maps are really nice and look great. Anyway, I'd agree that that this is the best UT yet.

Quick420
11-22-07, 11:29 AM
I think the retail version is great (but I also liked the demo). Some of the maps are really nice and look great. Anyway, I'd agree that that this is the best UT yet.

I'd have to agree with OWA,definately another classy product from the Canadians at epic:p