PDA

View Full Version : Why is AMD still trying to push this true quad core bull****?

nekrosoft13
11-20-07, 04:48 PM
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/campaigns/campaigntemplate.asp?CampaignID=382

Why is that?

a_big_burger
11-20-07, 05:06 PM
Lol. They have no benchmark to backup. "True Quad Core" is just their marketing trick to fool dumb ass ...:thumbdwn:

nekrosoft13
11-20-07, 05:08 PM
"true quad core performance" what a bunch of bull****. oh yes sir AMD i want your true quad core performance, its always better to be slower.

hirantha
11-20-07, 05:08 PM
yes only no brain noobish dumb arses would fall for it... well that helps to keep intel price stable too

a_big_burger
11-20-07, 05:19 PM
This time, AMD really kicks its own ass really hard. It took the risk/gamble to have "true quad core". The problem is that their "true quad core" is actually slower than Intel's "fake" quad core but costs much higher to produce since 4 cores must be there and tons of yield/defects issues which they need to worry about. Their management is very risk taking. They won big on last time when they gambled with Athlon 64. They seem to lose big this time .....

nekrosoft13
11-20-07, 05:21 PM
This time, AMD really kicks its own ass really hard. It took the risk/gamble to have "true quad core". The problem is that their "true quad core" is actually slower than Intel's "fake" quad core but costs much higher to produce since 4 cores must be there and tons of yield/defects issues which they need to worry about. Their management is very risk taking. They won big on last time when they gambled with Athlon 64. They seem to lose big this time .....

come on, at least with some bad yield they were talented enought to re-invent the triple core aka defective quads.

jAkUp
11-20-07, 06:09 PM
It's really all they have going right now I think.

Phenom is slower, runs hotter, uses more power and has less features than the competition.

rflair
11-20-07, 06:14 PM
You guys all had AMD at one time and now that the tables have turned you sound like bitches.

Xion X2
11-20-07, 07:11 PM
You can't blame them for trying to reel in idiots that don't know any better. That's business.

GeeeEighty
11-20-07, 07:21 PM
"true quad core performance" what a bunch of bull****. oh yes sir AMD i want your true quad core performance, its always better to be slower.

Lmao true quad core performance

No thanks, I will take my fake quad core Q6600 and put a beat down on that true quad core all day long.

hirantha
11-20-07, 07:26 PM
You guys all had AMD at one time and now that the tables have turned you sound like bitches.
i never had AMD always been an intel fan, i've believed in em.

nekrosoft13
11-20-07, 07:41 PM

so i had AMD, and if this TRUE! quad would be better, i would be adding it to my shopping card.

crainger
11-20-07, 07:43 PM

LOL It's so true. I have no brand allegiance when it comes to CPUs :o

Q
11-20-07, 07:46 PM

I have allegiance to my Crainger Processing Unit.

nekrosoft13
11-20-07, 07:46 PM

me neither. when intel was better i had intel, when amd released x2 that were better then p4, i had x2. when c2d destroyed x2, i bought c2d

crainger
11-20-07, 07:51 PM
I have allegiance to my Crainger Processing Unit.

It's all my fault.

:headexplode:

Q
11-20-07, 07:52 PM
It's all my fault.

:headexplode:

Now you're starting to get it!

IT IS ALL

YOUR

FAULT!

Zapablast05
11-20-07, 08:40 PM
me neither. when intel was better i had intel, when amd released x2 that were better then p4, i had x2. when c2d destroyed x2, i bought c2d

I just get whatever's good performance and up-to-date within my price range.

I noticed that tigerdirect says that the Phenom is for socket AM2. Don't they mean AM2+, or is it also backwards compatable with a BIOS update?