PDA

View Full Version : COD4: what's all the hype?

Pages : [1] 2

hapooh
11-20-07, 03:55 PM
I played COD4 demo, and it was OK, but didn't think I was going to buy it, but everywhere I read, everyone's saying how great it is, and choosing it as their favorite FPS game of 2007 (over crysis). What's all the hype?

Anyway, because of the overwhelming feedback, I think I'll just take the chance and spend the $50 to see if there's more than the demo lets on.....

Feedback is appreciated...

nekrosoft13
11-20-07, 04:02 PM
i bought the game, and i want my money back. It has decent visuals but the squad is just so damn annoying.

Its like you are not really needed to be around. Dumb squad always gets in the way. you have to follow them on every move. Enemies keep re-swaning like crazy, unless to pass certain spot on map.

there is only one decent map in the game, and thats the chernobyl map. Rest of the game is average. Really nothing to get excited about.

Dulak
11-20-07, 04:05 PM
Well I loved the single player aspect of COD4. Graphics just blew me away and the missions were very well scripted.

For me the mutiplayer is so-so
I'm not much into run and gunning - meaning not much for strats - I still think the game was worth it for the single player alone (somewhat short 12 hours~).

So far I have to admit I like COD4 single player better then crysis

nekrosoft13
11-20-07, 04:06 PM
Crysis has better Single Player, you at least have freedom

agentkay
11-20-07, 04:06 PM
The game has 2 fun levels (1h gameplay) but the rest was very boring, dull and repetitive. I didn't notice any major satisfaction in the rest of the game (5h) and actually more annoyance because I constantly died from granades, exploding cars or barrels. Not my style of gameplay (:thumbdwn:) and visually it didn't impress me either.

AngelGraves13
11-20-07, 04:07 PM
To me...Game of the Year should go to either BioShock or Crysis. I know that BioShock is very much like System Shock 2, and Crysis is pretty much a futuristic Far Cry minus the monster and plus some aliens. Neither of them are really groundbreaking in that sense, but both are very artistic and imaginative.

SeriTonin
11-20-07, 04:09 PM
Yeah, didnt care for this one. Squads were annoying, graphics were bleh and I never liked cod mp.

I agree bioshock is goty

nekrosoft13
11-20-07, 04:11 PM
there should be a some type of patch for COD4 to kill off your entire SQUAD. This game has the most ****ing anoying team to be ever included in a game.

Dulak
11-20-07, 04:16 PM
Sounds like I am the only one that liked COD4 ...
I didnt have 1 problem with my squad ... now granted I dont expect them to be as good as me but they did just fine and they even killed more enemies then I would expert.

LycosV
11-20-07, 04:19 PM
Your team is invincible therefore they're not the most annying teammates ever. The most annoying ones are games where the teammates run up ahead, die, and then you have to restart the mission.

Edit: I enjoyed CoD4 tremendously, and without a doubt it's the FPS of the year for me.

six_storm
11-20-07, 04:24 PM
CoD4 is the GOTY for me. Performance is extremely smooth (unlike Crysis) and even though the SP is scripted and has less "freedom", it is still intense action left and right. The multiplayer is very very addictive! I'm still playing like crazy.

If you want an awesome SP/MP experience without it raping your PC, get CoD4.

m3dude
11-20-07, 04:27 PM
single player wasnt that fun. playing it on veteran is more of a test of anger management than a fun experience. multiplayer however is pretty good.

Destroy
11-20-07, 04:40 PM
I'm sure its a very good game, so many people like it, but the SP value is not there for me currently. Bargain bin CoD4 is the way to go IMO.

Severian126
11-20-07, 04:42 PM
Different strokes for different folks. Personally I loved Call of Duty 4 and right now I'm enjoying it more than Crysis SP wise. Call me loony, but you know, I just like it and I'm sure others do as well, and there really is no need for any more justification than that. :) Games are made to be fun, whatever gives you the most enjoyment, more power.

nekrosoft13
11-20-07, 04:42 PM
Bargain bin CoD4 is the way to go IMO.

yap, should have waited. big waste of money.

de><ta
11-20-07, 04:43 PM
The demo does not do the single player in this game any justice.

The game has a lot of awesome moments packed into it, things that you can't experience in an open (ie. unscripted game). This is one of those games you'd want to sit through and play it from start to finish. The direction of this game is on par with an action movie and it plays out like a blend of various top modern warfare flicks.

nekrosoft13
11-20-07, 04:46 PM
that the point, this is something to watch, not to play. You basically have no reason to even be in the game.

ClosetFanBoy
11-20-07, 05:16 PM
You have to like Crysis more then COD4 gosh darnit! Blasphemy! :p

Best game of the year for me so far. COD4 that is. The mp is cool, it's a definite added bonus no doubt.

six_storm
11-20-07, 05:16 PM
that the point, this is something to watch, not to play. You basically have no reason to even be in the game.

I can see that. However, I still believe that even the MP alone is worth the $50. No other realistic MP game touches CoD4 MP.

crainger
11-20-07, 05:27 PM
I like CoD4. I put it on the shelf to play after I finish Mass Effect though.

nutcrackr
11-20-07, 06:07 PM
for me cod 4 multiplayer is fun, single player was very much an interactive movie requiring next to no thought at all, which is fine for some people. It has nothing on most recent single player games like bioshock and crysis, but it has better multiplayer than most games out.

Armed_Baboon
11-20-07, 08:51 PM

Nekrosoft13, I think you need to make a few more posts in this thread because I can't tell if you like this game or not.

:headexplode:

crainger
11-20-07, 08:55 PM
Nekrosoft13, I think you need to make a few more posts in this thread because I can't tell if you like this game or not.

:headexplode:

He likes it. He just wishes it was more consolised.

AngelGraves13
11-20-07, 08:56 PM
for a game that doesn't look much better than COD2...it sure runs like crap. I'd go so far as to say that Crysis runs better on my system than COD4. It was literally frame by frame with everything set to low and off including the res.

My biggest disappointments performance wise go to COD4 then Crysis. BioShock runs so well (except when it crashes) and it looks leagues better than COD4. If my computer can play BioShock well, then Unreal Tournament 3 will not be a problem. Crysis will improve with time I'm sure as new drivers and patches come out. COD4...hmmm...I doubt we'll see a patch to improve performance anytime soon.

Bman212121
11-20-07, 09:59 PM
for a game that doesn't look much better than COD2...it sure runs like crap. I'd go so far as to say that Crysis runs better on my system than COD4. It was literally frame by frame with everything set to low and off including the res.

My biggest disappointments performance wise go to COD4 then Crysis. BioShock runs so well (except when it crashes) and it looks leagues better than COD4. If my computer can play BioShock well, then Unreal Tournament 3 will not be a problem. Crysis will improve with time I'm sure as new drivers and patches come out. COD4...hmmm...I doubt we'll see a patch to improve performance anytime soon.

UT3 will murder your processor, you can trust me on that one. :) COD4 is also very well optmized for a dual core processor. I'm sure that is your biggest hold up and why the game isn't running as good as it could. Crysis probably does seem to run as good because it is setup to run better at 30fps or even lower where UT3 and COD4 seem to like 60fps or more. When everything is probably running 30's or lower I can fully understand why the games would play the way they do.