PDA

View Full Version : Did the original wipeout or twisted metal come to PC?

SeriTonin
11-20-07, 06:50 PM
I know both franchies part 2's did, but did the first or third parts for either come to pc?

nekrosoft13
11-20-07, 06:53 PM
nope

I would like to see Twisted Metal 2 remade on PC, only Twisted Metal 2, not any of the other parts.

methimpikehoses
11-20-07, 06:56 PM
nope

I would like to see Twisted Metal 2 remade on PC, only Twisted Metal 2, not any of the other parts.

Twisted Metal 2 was one of the best games ever made.

|MaguS|
11-20-07, 07:46 PM
nope

Twisted Metal Black > Twisted Metal 2

JaylumX
11-20-07, 07:56 PM
I know the original Wipeout came to PC because it was bundled with my first PC in 1999 and boasted enhanced graphics via 3d acceleration with via ATI's 3D Rage2. At the time, I had never seen anything like it especially since I was so used to my cousins blocky 3D games on his PC.

mojoman0
11-20-07, 08:09 PM
Vigilante 8 > Twisted Metal()

NaitoSan
11-20-07, 08:42 PM
first wipeout (1995) and xl (1997) were released for dos (first one) and windows (xl). twisted metal 2 was released for windows in 1997.

i never get first wipeout to run in dos ever. :(

Q
11-20-07, 09:05 PM
Vigilante 8 > Twisted Metal()

BOOOO!

;)

I was a big fan of V8, but the cars felt a little floaty. Plus, I thought the darker theme of TM was better than the 70's alien theme.

methimpikehoses
11-20-07, 10:19 PM
Twisted Metal Black > Twisted Metal 2

no no no

|MaguS|
11-20-07, 10:31 PM
no no no
yes, yes, yes

Twisted Metal Black had everything Twisted Metal 2 had and more. It was Twisted Metal Perfected. Only someone who never actually played the game would say different.

Oh and lets not forget that it was the first Twisted Metal to have online (even thought it was a rerelease that had it).

jAkUp
11-20-07, 10:48 PM
Twisted Metal 2 was awesome :D

methimpikehoses
11-20-07, 10:49 PM
yes, yes, yes

Twisted Metal Black had everything Twisted Metal 2 had and more. It was Twisted Metal Perfected. Only someone who never actually played the game would say different.

Oh and lets not forget that it was the first Twisted Metal to have online (even thought it was a rerelease that had it).

I admit that I logged more hours on TM2, so maybe I am appealing to emotion on this one. I played black some, but it didn't rope me in the way TM2 did.

I didn't play black online either.

m3dude
11-20-07, 10:57 PM
nope

agreed, i spent countless hours with that game. id love to see a remake with nothing changed but graphics upgraded for todays pc hardware. online would be a blast.

tw black sucked to me. handling was terrible, weapons sucked, maps sucked, and it felt nothing like a twisted metal game.

methimpikehoses
11-20-07, 11:07 PM
Twisted Metal 2 was awesome :D

I bought a playstation when I saw the first commercial for TM 2. :D

My first step towards being consolized. Luckily I've been cured since. :afro:

stncttr908
11-20-07, 11:42 PM
Loved Twisted Metal 2, especially the endings.

Reynaldo
11-21-07, 07:09 AM
I had both, awesome games. I remember seeing an ad for Warhawk in a old PC Gamer mag, I've looked all over for it, but I couldn't find it (Still can't).

NaitoSan
11-21-07, 03:52 PM
yeah warhawk was supposed to be released on pc so i guess it never got released.

Quick420
11-22-07, 10:36 AM
I know both franchies part 2's did, but did the first or third parts for either come to pc?

If you are looking for some vehicular mayhem try crashday by atari.I now what you are going to say....atari,but the game is surprisingly fun to play with a friend it's even more fun.The ctf(ball)is a blast with 2 people,or play stunts for points against the pc.Wrecking match has missles and rocket launchers where the objective is to kill 20 opponents first(aka deatmatch)

I'd love to set up a few matches,it will connect via direct ip.