PDA

View Full Version : Tripplerad enough for my setup (Thermochill 120.3)???

eklundh
11-21-07, 07:39 AM
Hi there :D
Im just wondering whether a Thermochill 120.3 will be sufficient for these components: Q6600, 2x8800GT, 2xRaptor, XFX 680i LT (NB & SB) ... gpu and cpu will be overclocked :cool: ??? Would be nice if someone could help me...

btw: sorry for my english^^

buffbiff21
11-21-07, 08:59 AM
Probably not...

I had E6600, two GTXs, and both 680i NB/SB chipset under water at one point. Temps were just okay, with not much room for overclocking.

Now by comparison a Q6600 runs far hotter than an E6600. Two GTs? Not sure exactly, but probably hotter than GTXs. I've seen them run at 90c but that's with their crappy stock cooler.

There are some corners you'll have to cut if you want to manage. Run two pumps. Go for double D5 vario on the lowest setting to add flow but minimize heat dump. Go for the best blocks for each item, (Fuzion, x2 MCW30, and to minimize the restriction of a full cover block go for x2 Swiftech Stealth for GPUs + RAMsinks IF the Stealth fits the GT.. I believe the GT has a new mounting system, so ask at XS). Also reduce excess tubing as much as you can and run 6 fans on the radiator in push/pull.

eklundh
11-21-07, 10:28 AM
hmmmm...2xD5 pumps exceeds my moneylimit^^ wouldnt one single laing DDC be enough? I already planned on buying the blocks you mentioned...except the Stealth wich doesnt fit on the GT. Would it make any sense to add one more radiator like a swiftech mcr320 (does not cost as much as the thermochill) ??? thanks in advance :)

Xion X2
11-21-07, 06:42 PM
hmmmm...2xD5 pumps exceeds my moneylimit^^ wouldnt one single laing DDC be enough? I already planned on buying the blocks you mentioned...except the Stealth wich doesnt fit on the GT. Would it make any sense to add one more radiator like a swiftech mcr320 (does not cost as much as the thermochill) ??? thanks in advance :)
Your problem is going to be restriction. 5 blocks, on top of a pump and radiator, is just too much to try and fish water through on a single pump. Just bleeding the loop will be enough to make Billy Graham cuss like a sailor.

I would tell you to take the chipset blocks out of the loop, but 680i runs hotter than a nuclear missile circling the sun. You may still be okay without them, though.