PDA

View Full Version : CoD4 / Steam..anyone get butt****ed?

Pages : [1] 2

K007
11-22-07, 06:12 PM
lol..topic says it all..seems majority of people had the issue where the game is not available at this time, please try again. Sure enuf..i went into the Steam folder to check wtf is going on..and the sp.exe file was missing O.o...seems like it deleted it self. Redownloading the entire thing again @ 4.4~MB/sec tho..also lucky that i can switch to my GA server for download since the data is unmetered for me -.-..

Man kinda disappointed of Steam..probably the first issue ive had..in...aaagggesss...:headexplode:

K007
11-22-07, 06:42 PM
No luck. Trying to re-download again. The sp.exe file simply didn't get put on the folder..i can get into mulitplayer/etc..but the single player .exe file never gets installed..and i still have to finish that..ffs this is really annoying.

K007
11-22-07, 07:15 PM
aww ****ing hell..even after clean reinstall through steam..i still cant load the single player, the dam sp.exe FILE WONT GET INSTALLED WTF MATE?! god dam ****ing bull****:headexplode: last time i am buying anything on steam..:headexplode: :headexplode:

Armed_Baboon
11-22-07, 07:41 PM
I can email it to you if you want.. but I don't have the steam version

nutcrackr
11-22-07, 07:41 PM
you deleted clientregistry blob and all that jazz right?

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=622764

K007
11-22-07, 07:59 PM
you deleted clientregistry blob and all that jazz right?

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=622764

yea mate, i did everything.

Clientbob, everything u name it.

The problem is, steam dosen't install the sp.exe file. so ofcourse the game cant run in singleplayer mode because the file needed to run it..wont install no matter what i try. I just played MP no problem, works fine. There was a steam update which after that i can no longer access the single player mode.

Also the properties indicate cod4 is 4500MB..i think they screwed up there update somewhere..I might have to sit tight and wait to finish the sp mode :/.

I did 3 Reinstalls of it through steam, delete local content /etc.
I tried the copy trick
I tried the change english to language then back, then update..
clientbob..

everything and none works..no matter what i try , steam wont download the sp.exe file so something is screwy..

K007
11-22-07, 10:51 PM
get ****ed steam :/...was soo looking forward to finishing cod4 on my day off..spend the entire day trying to get it to work..pos steam..god dam you

http://phroztnet.org/images/steamupdate.gif

poullos
11-23-07, 01:39 AM
That's too bad. :(
I had problems too at first day of release on steam, but quickly found a way to fix punkbuster problem. I don't know what else there is left to try although you could validate game cache files so that steam reads which files exactly are missing.

EciDemon
11-23-07, 02:02 AM
Man, seems that steaming pile of crap gets worse and worse.
I try to avoid it, last issue for me was with Lost planet, I didnt look close enugh on the box when I bought it as I was way too excited about the game release only to see when I get home that I cant even install anything (no internet access @ home). Figured i bring over puter to friend, register and install the game and run it offline. Yeah right, that didn't work either. That has been fixed later with official patch, but man it suxx. Had to download fixed exe to play my new game >_>

VelvetJones
11-24-07, 11:20 AM
Yeah, NOD32 quarantined iw3sp.exe during last night's update. The update failed, so I unquarantined it the file. Still was getting "game currently unavailable" message. I tried everything on the steam support site for this error without any success.

Finally I deleted all local content and am re-downloading. Sweet, only 10 more hours!

Tygerwoody
11-24-07, 12:17 PM
I <3 Steam

Zelda_fan
11-24-07, 01:08 PM
I would just like to chime in here and say I love my console.

JasonPC
11-24-07, 01:50 PM
Which antivirus are you running? I heard one of them likes to delete sp.exe

SeriTonin
11-24-07, 04:33 PM

And I'd like to chime in here and say you suck, we all hate you, go crawl back up evilchris's ass.

You have the personality of a dead moth.

K007
11-24-07, 04:36 PM
Which antivirus are you running? I heard one of them likes to delete sp.exe

yea, it was NOD32, kept deleting my sp.exe. So it was not Steams fault in the end -.-.

VelvetJones
11-25-07, 05:26 PM
yea, it was NOD32, kept deleting my sp.exe. So it was not Steams fault in the end -.-.

Yes, but Steam is the gateway to launching it. They need a better system to recover from a failed update other than to download the whole frickin thing again. I don't want to wait another 10 hours to play something i already paid for.

K-1
11-25-07, 05:47 PM
Yes, but Steam is the gateway to launching it. They need a better system to recover from a failed update other than to download the whole frickin thing again. I don't want to wait another 10 hours to play something i already paid for.

Can't you just validate your files, and it will redownload the missing parts?

XxDeadlyxX
11-25-07, 06:00 PM
And I'd like to chime in here and say you suck, we all hate you, go crawl back up evilchris's ass.

lool (nana2)

JasonPC
11-25-07, 07:43 PM
Can't you just validate your files, and it will redownload the missing parts?

Yeah validating your files will redownload the missing parts.

K007
11-26-07, 02:51 AM
yep validate is the way, the problem was every time validate puts the new file it kept deleting thx to nod32 ..so it looked like it never downloaded.

And my download speed is nearly 4MB/sec..so it comes really fast..

CDE_1246
11-27-07, 05:23 PM

I also love gaming at 1024x768 with bilinear filtering, no AA and red rings of death and overheating issues!

VelvetJones
11-27-07, 07:38 PM
Yeah validating your files will redownload the missing parts.

uh no, that didn't work for me. Tried doing that numerous times. I even uninstalled nod32. Validation would stall at 71%, then a few minutes later the progress window would disappear. When I re-started steam, it reported "100% Ready" in My Games, but was still fubared with same game unavailable error.

The only thing that fixed it was deleting all local content. Hey, at least I got my saved games back....10 hours later.

Zelda_fan
11-27-07, 08:07 PM
I also love gaming at 1024x768 with bilinear filtering, no AA and red rings of death and overheating issues!

I wonder what console you're talking about. My 360 doesn't have any of those issues.

Zelda_fan
11-27-07, 08:09 PM

I can see I had an impact on you.

Q
11-27-07, 08:27 PM
I can see I had an impact on you.

In bed.