PDA

View Full Version : CoD4 now $90 in Steam for Australians

K007
11-22-07, 08:24 PM
Lol...i am glad i brought it when it was 49.95 USD which converted to arround i think 55ish~..now its almost double in price.

Sad news is..dam steam decided that i shouldn't play the single player mode anymore...

mythy
11-22-07, 08:41 PM
Steam is GREAT! They just know that no one gives a crap about the Australia (nana2)

nutcrackr
11-22-07, 08:42 PM
stupid pricing

crainger
11-22-07, 09:01 PM
What?! First EA Downloader, now Steam has converted to local pricing..? Well back to retail for me now.

I wouldn't be surprised if they deactivate all purchases we've made previously until we pay up for the new Australian price. :(

XxDeadlyxX
11-22-07, 09:14 PM
Screw buying non-Valve games on Steam.... you can't sell it (no transferring to another account) plus no hard copy plus all the downloading (bad for people with <50GB DL cap).

New pricing just makes it worse.

Amuro
11-22-07, 09:35 PM
What?! First EA Downloader, now Steam has converted to local pricing..? Well back to retail for me now.

I wouldn't be surprised if they deactivate all purchases we've made previously until we pay up for the new Australian price. :(
If there're no import taxes to pay, you can import games from Gametop USA, as game + shipping is only $75, still cheaper than Aussie retail prices.

nekrosoft13
11-22-07, 11:37 PM

crainger will soon receive a bill to cover the difference ;)

crainger
11-23-07, 12:28 AM
crainger will soon receive a bill to cover the difference ;)

I'm scared to log into steam for that reason. I mean they deactivated games bought from Thailand. :(

Dude... Wait! What? It's ONLY COD4! WTF? I assumed it was a Steam wide thing. Maybe Activision is trialling it to see if sales slum on COD4 before they go the whole hog.

WeReWoLf
11-23-07, 12:41 AM
Bioshock is still fine for me, but i haven't bought COD4 through steam. All of my other steam games are fine too.

sharvin
11-23-07, 12:57 AM
I blame the stereotype of a the Aussie as a guy with a bear gut with a pair of thongs a wife beater singlet and a stubbie in their hands that's a sports nut for the rest of the world not caring about aussie gamers, come on we have the right to be just as nerdy as everyone else :(

methimpikehoses
11-23-07, 01:09 AM
Killer deal. :headexplode:

K007
11-23-07, 01:33 AM
The ****ty part is, AUS ISPS are really stingy with there bandwidth for users :(..

WeReWoLf
11-23-07, 01:34 AM
Yah, tell me bout it. I got lucky when i got Bioshock and Orange Box via steam, it allowed me to get them from internode servers (didn't count to my download limit), but everything else usually comes through gamearena

MowTin
11-23-07, 02:18 AM
I don't get it. Why does it cost more to buy the same game over the Internet in Australia?

I could understand if it had to be imported by ship and there were all sorts of tariffs and taxes. Does this have something to do with the Aussie gov?

poullos
11-23-07, 02:46 AM
Guys, this is not steam leveraging the price. It's the developer. Steam works as the distribution channel. I know some times steam prices and policies are really ****ed up in some places, but these are imposed by those who sell the game and not those who provide the medium.

PS: still a nasty move to increase the price after two weeks because many ausies found steam way cheaper. :thumbdwn:

K007
11-23-07, 03:35 AM
Yah, tell me bout it. I got lucky when i got Bioshock and Orange Box via steam, it allowed me to get them from internode servers (didn't count to my download limit), but everything else usually comes through gamearena

Its oppossite for me mate, i am on GA and i get them first always off internode of that 3ftl servers...99% internode, i have to use the tcpview trick to cancel the connections 4-5 times to get GA...lol

Btw this is not Valves doing, this is activision / IW. Orange box is still 49.95, which is still cheaper than getting it off the store, also CoD4 is very very expensive as well.

Mangler
11-23-07, 11:43 AM
I dont get why activision is charging so much for cod4 over steam, in sweden and most of europe it's 69.95+vat($87.75 in sweden).

And if you look around you can find cod4 for under $60 in stores...

And the limited collectors edition only costs $70, so activisions local pricing has to go.