PDA

View Full Version : Ram not showing up...

Gnaddel
11-23-07, 04:02 AM
Hi there,

Today my second 2GB dual channel set arrived and I put it in right away.
However, only 3008MB of RAM are detected. Is there some bios setting I forgot about that could prevent the last GB of memory from working or is one of the memory modules gone?

Also, is there a fast way to check which of the modules doesn't work?
I changed the slots the modules are in already but I hope I don't have to take them out one by one to see which doesn't work.

greetings,
Gnaddel

edit:
Just checked two modules at a time, all four modules work fine in pairs.

Dazz
11-23-07, 05:44 AM
Yeah there is an option something like HW memory hole which has to be disabled to view more memory. Or it could be 4G 64bit OS support, something along those lines. my ABIT board seems to support it out of the box so there was no need to look for it, if it even has the option. However i do know ASUS boards have it enabled by default.

Gnaddel
11-23-07, 02:56 PM
Searched the bios for such an option but didn't find it, also flashed to a recent bios version. Didn't help though.

Any advice? Pure incompatibility?

Dazz
11-23-07, 05:28 PM
Just checked the online manual for your board it is defintly there under advanced options, memory remap feature http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us&model=P5B%20Deluxe page 4-23

Gnaddel
11-23-07, 05:40 PM
Hi,

Oh thank you, working now. Actually saw the option but misunderstood the explanation text in the bios. Thought it was about remapping memory of PCI cards.

Dazz
11-23-07, 05:42 PM
So it now shows up the 4GB memory installed?

Gnaddel
11-23-07, 06:13 PM
Yes, the memory is displayed and seems to work fine.