PDA

View Full Version : Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance *Offical feedback thread*

$n][pErMan
11-24-07, 01:11 AM
I know its been out for a few weeks now, but I did not see any threads on it here :) I just picked this up myself today. I think it was probably overlooked by everything else that has come out lately. After finishing Crysis and a couple other games I have picked up lately this game made for a nice change of pace! So far, in just playing the first mission of the campaign it seems a lot harder than Supreme Commander, and the new units look to be pretty sweet. Also worth noting is it does not require Supreme Commander to play (so I guess technically its not an expansion pack), although I am sure you would be left wondering what the story is about if you never played the original game. I still have a lot of playing to do before I give it a score myself, but I am having fun and for $39.99 its a good buy IMO. New sound score as well :)

Madpistol
11-24-07, 02:07 AM
I may look into getting this one. Thanks for the input. ;)

ArrowMk84
11-24-07, 08:28 AM
I've already played through the campaign as UEF and quite a few skirmishes (no multiplayer because I'd be pwned so fast it wouldn't be funny). The campaign is very engaging and a lot harder than the original's; it actually pulled me away from the Witcher! The new skirmish AIs are, overall, fairly decent. The Turtle AI sucks (it doesn't do much) and the Rush AI throws lots of units at you, but the Tech AI is scary; it knows how to set up a good defense and then swarms you with high level units and buttloads of nukes. I've tried the cheat versions, but stories go that the cheating Tech AI is a match for the hardcore online players.

The game is well worth the money, and does a much better job of capturing the TA feel than the original SC.

$n][pErMan
11-26-07, 03:19 PM
Well I am on the 2nd to last mission on the campaign for the Aeon... and I must say this game is very well done. The missions are much more in depth and so much harder to complete (and by that I meant they take a long time.. assuming you play on normal difficulty). You got to have some good defenses if you want to stay alive! :) I think I have used experimental units on every mission but the first in order to win... awesome game! :D

Thingding
11-27-07, 03:47 AM
Sadly this game is in my '08 pile. Too many good things out there to dedicate the time this needs. :(

mythy
11-27-07, 06:06 AM
the maps suck tho they really need to design some better maps :(