PDA

View Full Version : Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro

namuk
11-24-07, 08:48 AM
hi

anyone using this cpu fan on intel quads? or core 2 duo ?? are they anygood i have the freezer 64 on my fx60 and it runs cool i want to no if they are any good on the intel platform

thanks for reading

Eliminator
11-24-07, 10:42 AM
im using it on my E6400.... its very good for a $20 cooler

Rytr
11-24-07, 11:19 AM
Good cooler for the price. I have been using one on my main system which runs 24/7 for the last 10 months (E6600 @ 3GHz). No problems.

namuk
11-24-07, 11:34 AM
Good cooler for the price. I have been using one on my main system which runs 24/7 for the last 10 months (E6600 @ 3GHz). No problems.

wot temps are you getting? also did you have the stock one on before it?

Rytr
11-24-07, 05:24 PM
I don't keep close tabs on this system anymore but it stays below 50C. When I first tested it max was 48-49C compared to the stock cooler at 56-58C running the same stress tests. So it did show a significant improvement at the time. The fan was much quieter and has continued to be quiet. I have cleaned the HSF once since I installed it and it is probably due for another cleaning.

namuk
11-24-07, 07:41 PM
I don't keep close tabs on this system anymore but it stays below 50C. When I first tested it max was 48-49C compared to the stock cooler at 56-58C running the same stress tests. So it did show a significant improvement at the time. The fan was much quieter and has continued to be quiet. I have cleaned the HSF once since I installed it and it is probably due for another cleaning.

that looks good them temps (is that under load ? ) . and it uses 4 pin cpu header i looked at a review at alot of cpu coolers that do not they must use 3 pin so the fan is at full speed and load as hell been offered a zalman 9700 for free but if i put it on header it will be very load unless i use the fan contoller

+ the freezer is easyer to fit

also which system are you running freezer on ?

Rytr
11-24-07, 08:35 PM
Here are pictures of the Freezer Pro 7 mounted on MSI P6N SLI Platinum motherboard:
http://www.nvnews.net/reviews/msi_p6n_sli_platinum/page_5.shtml

The clearances and mounting of the AC Freezer 7 Pro is clearly evident, and yes it is still mounted and working on this board with the same E6600 which at one time I had running at 3.6GHz using this same cooler though the temps did approach 62C during stress testing at max at that speed.

namuk
11-24-07, 08:45 PM
Here are pictures of the Freezer Pro 7 mounted on MSI P6N SLI Platinum motherboard:
http://www.nvnews.net/reviews/msi_p6n_sli_platinum/page_5.shtml

The clearances and mounting of the AC Freezer 7 Pro is clearly evident, and yes it is still mounted and working on this board with the same E6600 which at one time I had running at 3.6GHz using this same cooler though the temps did approach 62C during stress testing at max at that speed.

nice thanks for that

wot cooler you running on q6600 ?

Rytr
11-25-07, 03:03 PM
Thermalright 120 Ultra Extreme.
I am using this cooler mainly because I wanted to see how high I could push the Q6600. I was able to get slightly above 3.6 before temps became a concern.

Looks like there is nothing I need that much speed for so I will be throttling it down to somewhere between 3-3.4GHz for games and normal use.

At those speeds I would not hesitate using the AC Freezer Pro 7 even on the Q6600 as I believe it would do OK. Above 3.4GHz on the E6600 it did start having some trouble providing adequate cooling under maximum stress conditions so I would think it would have a more difficult time with the Q6600 at speeds above 3.4GHz.

namuk
11-25-07, 03:19 PM
Thermalright 120 Ultra Extreme.
I am using this cooler mainly because I wanted to see how high I could push the Q6600. I was able to get slightly above 3.6 before temps became a concern.

Looks like there is nothing I need that much speed for so I will be throttling it down to somewhere between 3-3.4GHz for games and normal use.

At those speeds I would not hesitate using the AC Freezer Pro 7 even on the Q6600 as I believe it would do OK. Above 3.4GHz on the E6600 it did start having some trouble providing adequate cooling under maximum stress conditions so I would think it would have a more difficult time with the Q6600 at speeds above 3.4GHz.

yea the q6600 is the chip i am going to get also not seen any reveiws on the cooler with the chip .

Amuro
11-26-07, 04:45 AM
Freezer 7 Pro is capable of dissipating 130W of heat, and the Q6600 only has a TDP of 95W so it's fine, just make sure the chip is G0 stepping.

namuk
11-26-07, 09:43 AM
Freezer 7 Pro is capable of dissipating 130W of heat, and the Q6600 only has a TDP of 95W so it's fine, just make sure the chip is G0 stepping.

thanks for that was looking into the heat dissipating you saved me a lot off hassle there

sillyeagle
11-26-07, 03:40 PM
I use one in my system. It seems to work. The heat plate if pretty rough, so I do not know if I will get better results by sanding it smooth or not, but thats the way it was made so thats how I'm using it.

I run about 63C running orthos small files, and 56C when running blend.

namuk
11-26-07, 03:45 PM
I use one in my system. It seems to work. The heat plate if pretty rough, so I do not know if I will get better results by sanding it smooth or not, but thats the way it was made so thats how I'm using it.

I run about 63C running orthos small files, and 56C when running blend.

good temps that i do have the freezer 64 pro on my fx60 at moment just needed to no is it as good on the intel cpus .. i think the rough base is due too the mx paste runs better on the cooler than other pastes have tryed mx1 and 2 and at moment am using the zalman stuff and i rate it get same temps