PDA

View Full Version : SOF Payback, Jeez

Mike89
11-25-07, 01:16 PM
I tried my best to give this game a go. First I didn't like it, then I liked it for a minute, then I hated it. I finally un-installed this piece of junk (and that's saying something because I almost always finish games).

This game is just so wrong in so many ways.

Hit points all out of whack. Sometimes the sniper rifle does nothing, like it's not even connected or something. Fire repeatedly at something and no hits registered. Take out a pistol and fire at same distance and register a kill. Sometimes a character rushes you and no matter how many times you fire point blank, no effect.

No FSAA or config file to adjust.

The sprint function is just so stupid and unusable (being there is no side to side movement and can't shoot).

Mouse speed is still too fast even when setting it to zero.

Voice acting is up there with the worst I've ever heard. It's like they used some of the programmers to also do the voices (and just winged the script as they went). After first level, the main character's voice sounds like it's coming from a megaphone. Sounds ridiculous.

The endless spawning of enemies gets old real quick. I got to where you have to shoot down the chopper and the spawning just got to where I finally said "hell with it". I thought games got rid of this stupid unrealistic, un-ending spawning a long time ago but it's alive and well in this game.

This game will go down as a disaster. A textbook should be written from it on all the things to not do in a game and then give it to all future game makers.

If anyone actually thinks they will like this game, I'll sell mine real cheap. It's not even worth using it as a coaster to set my coffee cup on.

hirantha
11-25-07, 01:24 PM
i don't even know why you even bothered with this game, just by looking at it you can tell its a miss rather than a hit.

Mike89
11-25-07, 03:09 PM
I'm an equal opportunity game buyer. Meh. I gave it a shot, and it shot me back right between the eyes. Best hit of the game.

wrathofgod
11-25-07, 06:15 PM
I finished it. Although, it took everything I had in me to keep playing and not uninstall...lol. Bad, bad game.

Terrible sounds, old graphics, horrific voice acting...the list goes on.

Mike89
11-25-07, 07:01 PM
I finished it. Although, it took everything I had in me to keep playing and not uninstall

You're a better man than me dude! :cool:

I finish 99% of the games I start. This one was that 1%. I JUST COULDN'T DO IT! ! ! :fu:

wrathofgod
11-25-07, 07:14 PM
Stranglehold was that way for me. I just couldn't bring myself to finish that repetitive POS...lol.

Just couldn't get into it at all. :(

Mike89
11-25-07, 07:32 PM
Stranglehold was that way for me

I actually liked Stranglehold. Stranglehold was a much better game in every way than POS Payback. To each his own I guess.

Vanzagar
11-25-07, 10:57 PM
Thanks for the info Ill prob pass on this one now

XP_GUN
11-25-07, 11:32 PM
I knew as soon as it was released it was going to suck, there were no hype, trailers and news on the game. Its really bad I loved the first and second SOF but the third just dident even look like a SOF game.

asd
11-26-07, 12:05 AM
The SOF and Empire Earth series already destroyed, live with this truth boys.