PDA

View Full Version : I'm still enjoying Medal of Honor: Airborne. . .

Pages : [1] 2

3DBrad
11-27-07, 09:19 PM
I enjoyed COD4, GOW, UT3, haven't played Crysis much (need new GPU), and the "Sandbox" for Crysis is rather lacking in a good workflow/GUI, etc.

Buuuuuuuuut, Medal of Honor: Airborne is still fun. This is the biggest surprise of the year for me. :D

DRen72
11-27-07, 09:59 PM
I'm going to start playing this one again soon. I never finished it.

3DBrad
11-27-07, 10:04 PM
It's not that long, but is rather fun. :)

SeriTonin
11-27-07, 10:16 PM
I agree, it's not half bad. It's not half good, but it's not half bad.

methimpikehoses
11-27-07, 10:50 PM
I agree, it's not half bad. It's not half good, but it's not half bad.

Nice. :)

NarcissistZero
11-27-07, 10:59 PM
I got to Market Garden and quit, not because it's a bad game, but because awesome **** didn't stop coming this year.

I'll get back to it soon though, now that most of the new stuff is behind me.

Hoopla
11-27-07, 11:14 PM
Awesome game IMO. Not much of story like COD4, but the same crazy action. Much less linear too.

Section-9
11-27-07, 11:50 PM
Sweet game if you ask me, I'm playing it for a second time now. :)

Sobbsy
11-27-07, 11:54 PM
I wish they'd take the 'feel' of walking / jumping / crawling / shooting / aiming from Airbourne and slap it on CoD4, that would make CoD4 perfect.

Airbourne had some funny moments, like how if you touch the tank that's patrolling around the church... Even if you just nudge it with your pinky toe, you keel over and die. There was also one point on the final level where I parachuted down, hit a ledge and at the very instant it started the landing animation, I slipped off and caught another ledge a few pixels below... The animation got stuck in a loop. What I ended up with was my character holding his gun out just fine, with the 'Unshackling parachute' animation constantly looping at the same time, resulting in my screen swaying and bobbing constantly.

Much fun

stncttr908
11-28-07, 12:04 AM
Sweet game but there isn't enough of it. Even shorter than CoD4, and considerably more frustrating at times since you're basically the only target.

asd
11-28-07, 12:06 AM
Nice game, but too short, MP is the way to go for me now. (nana2)

wysiwyg
11-28-07, 05:01 AM
Airbourne is a brilliant game, one of the best WW2 FPS i thought

not historically accurate but still realistic

Logical
11-28-07, 12:05 PM
I built a clan for this game upon its release....little did i know the MoHA community would disappear before you could say "EAGAMES".

The multiplayer side of the game was indeed the last priority...after the development of the PC version. Promises of fixes and patches that never came and of course the silly mistake of releasing a game, then a month later giving it support for dedicated servers. It then got nicknamed Medal of Honor Stillborn.

Most of the airborne multiplayer community have now moved on to better things *cough, cod4 cough*.

A real shame because it had soo much potential but was let down by crappy development and bug issues.

www.6th-ad-clan.co.uk

Monolyth
11-28-07, 12:30 PM
MoH:A - Short, sweet, and easily forgettable.

K007
11-29-07, 03:59 AM
The only thing i remember about this game is getting pwned left and right from..zergs of npcs...

Burnt_Ram
11-29-07, 09:41 AM
MoH:A - Short, sweet, and easily forgettable.
couldnt have said it better! its MOH Pacific Assault all over again!!! :thumbdwn:

CoSWill
01-02-08, 12:56 AM
The shotgun in this game is a hoot....charge in and kill em all while reloading lol......fun stuff.

conroejoe
01-02-08, 09:23 AM
Ever since COD4 has come out, nothing compares. I've been playing COD4 MP since beating SP. Crysis - beat SP, lost interest as the game got stupid in the mothership and performance is too slow to play online. Crysis may have nexgen but COD4 has fun and enjoyment. I played through MOHA before all these other games arrived I loved the shotgun.

Monolyth
01-02-08, 10:35 AM
Ever since COD4 has come out, nothing compares. I've been playing COD4 MP since beating SP. Crysis - beat SP, lost interest as the game got stupid in the mothership and performance is too slow to play online. Crysis may have nexgen but COD4 has fun and enjoyment. I played through MOHA before all these other games arrived I loved the shotgun.

Crysis SP was very nice, CoD4 SP wasn't bad either. Sniper mission was FTW (btw anyone else blow off that guys head and NOT his arm? stupid game forcing my awesome aim down the toilet).

I've been hooked on CoD4 MP for the past couple weeks, besides WoW it's the only game I play. I believe I'm about to get banned from my first CoD4 server, I usually go 20-30 v. 3-8 on most maps, which I guess nowadays makes me a hacker. Plus you know on the rain map it's so hard to see the color differences between the dark camo guys and the light greenish/grayish/whitish buildings. /sigh

Another FPS, another ban...I unfortunately have been on the other end of CoD4 hacks they aren't fun. The aim-bot was so annoying to try and play against, they'll walk down the center street HS you while shooting someone else. Not to mention I think more then just a few guys use the wall hack. Many times I'll come around a corner and the same guy (that always sits & waits for someone at various corners) pre-fires as I run in and kills me, even when I'm completely silent. If the hacks can't be dealt with shortly I'm not sure the MP will last long.

SeriTonin
01-02-08, 11:12 AM
I bought this game and can't even get it to install, it loads the installation, asks for my cd-key, once I put that in, the box disappears and thats it, the game doesn't install, it starts installing ageia, that disappears and I'm left starring at my pc screen like a n00b. =/

Is this a known issue? Is there a work-around?

Burnt_Ram
01-02-08, 12:39 PM
I bought this game and can't even get it to install, it loads the installation, asks for my cd-key, once I put that in, the box disappears and thats it, the game doesn't install, it starts installing ageia, that disappears and I'm left starring at my pc screen like a n00b. =/

Is this a known issue? Is there a work-around?do you have the digital d/l version by chance?

SeriTonin
01-02-08, 01:06 PM
do you have the digital d/l version by chance?

no =/

I have the dvd ver. from best buy.

Burnt_Ram
01-02-08, 01:27 PM
no =/

I have the dvd ver. from best buy.hmm, i have the digital version and it wouldnt install untill i went to the folder where it was stored. maybe try installing off the folder on the cd instead of allowing the auto installer to run. if i let EA downloader do the install it would stop at the physx install. worth a try i guess.

SeriTonin
01-02-08, 02:38 PM
hmm, i have the digital version and it wouldnt install untill i went to the folder where it was stored. maybe try installing off the folder on the cd instead of allowing the auto installer to run. if i let EA downloader do the install it would stop at the physx install. worth a try i guess.

Actually, I tried that last night. Thats when I did get the ageia drivers installation to load....only to quickly disappear. I left the computer alone for an hour, went and did some errands, came back - still at my desktop, nothing installed, no error message regarding the disk or installation - insane.

Very annoying. I did play the demo and enjoyed it. I know it's not goty, but..well..I paid 40 bucks, I'd like to get some use out of it. :: sigh ::

Burnt_Ram
01-02-08, 05:02 PM
Actually, I tried that last night. Thats when I did get the ageia drivers installation to load....only to quickly disappear. I left the computer alone for an hour, went and did some errands, came back - still at my desktop, nothing installed, no error message regarding the disk or installation - insane.

Very annoying. I did play the demo and enjoyed it. I know it's not goty, but..well..I paid 40 bucks, I'd like to get some use out of it. :: sigh ::
by chance is the demo still installed?