PDA

View Full Version : Is it bad to use a monitor when its cold?

ryan29121
11-28-07, 06:02 PM
I just got my brand new samsung 245bw monitor and its been sitting outside all day and its about 30 degrees F here in wisconsin. Is it bad for me to hook it all up and try it out or should i let it warm up. I dont wanna hurt it.

dxx
11-28-07, 06:23 PM
Let it adjust to ambient temperature first. Otherwise, there's a risk of condensation, which could cause short circuits. These could cause the LCD panel to explode and cut your face off. Possibly. Leave it for an hour, and it should be okay.

$n][pErMan
11-28-07, 07:16 PM
Let it adjust to ambient temperature first. Otherwise, there's a risk of condensation, which could cause short circuits. These could cause the LCD panel to explode and cut your face off. Possibly. Leave it for an hour, and it should be okay.
lol. If the screen heated up to fast I am sure it could possibly crack. It takes awhile for them to get hot though. Id wait like 30 minutes... then you would probably be fine.

ryan29121
11-28-07, 09:36 PM
Thanks guys. I just turned it on. This monitor looks amazing. Went from a 15" laptop screen to this. 24" seems gigantic. Spectacular!