PDA

View Full Version : Two Worlds: The Temptation Announced

nekrosoft13
11-28-07, 09:14 PM
Karlsruhe, 28. November 2007 – Head for a new horizon! With the add-on, “Two Worlds – The Temptation”, the “Two Worlds” universe continues to grow, introducing new game content, extended gameplay and providing you with the answers to many questions and mysteries which arose in the main story!
The developers are focusing on a blend of the proven and the new: besides several well-known regions of Antaloor, there are also completely new territories to explore. The combat system has been further enhanced too – now you can use active blocking, for example. Many other additional developments have been added – developments which have enabled a completely new means of transport and a much enhanced reaction from NPCs – but more on these and a whole host of other surprises shortly! The release of “Two Worlds – The Temptation” for PC and consoles is planned for the first half of 2008. You can get an idea of what to expect at www.2-worlds.com/temptation.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=31046

DRen72
11-29-07, 09:13 AM
Sounds good to me. I actually liked Two Worlds well enough and am glad to see it expand and improve. We may see Gothic 4 next year as well.

LORD-eX-Bu
11-29-07, 12:00 PM
is this the expansion that makes the game fun? :headexplode:

CaptNKILL
11-29-07, 12:31 PM
This is one of those games that would have been a lot better with more time and higher standards...

I only played the demo, but it seemed like half of the game was top notch, while the other half was abysmal low budget crap.

DRen72
11-29-07, 02:06 PM
This is one of those games that would have been a lot better with more time and higher standards...

I only played the demo, but it seemed like half of the game was top notch, while the other half was abysmal low budget crap. The demo was indeed crap, but the patched retail version was much improved. Except the horse riding. That never worked well.

CaptNKILL
11-29-07, 02:07 PM
The demo was indeed crap, but the patched retail version was much improved. Except the horse riding. That never worked well.
Did they make the combat actually work? It was so horrible in the demo...

nekrosoft13
11-29-07, 02:09 PM
Did they make the combat actually work? It was so horrible in the demo...

what was wrong with it?

CaptNKILL
11-29-07, 02:16 PM
what was wrong with it?
Its been a while since I played the demo. I can't remember exactly how it worked but I remember it was bad.

Have they patched the demo or released an updated version?

nekrosoft13
11-29-07, 02:18 PM
no patch to the demo. Combat in the game is very basic, something like titan quest, just keep on clicking.

retail is up to 1.6 now, its no master piece thats for sure, but it did fill in time before The Witcher nicelly.

t3hl33td4rg0n
11-30-07, 02:48 AM
The thing that turned me off the game was the terrible voice-overs... I can usually deal with bad acting, but this one just made me uninstall the game, but I am tempted every so often to give it another shot.

NarcissistZero
11-30-07, 03:11 AM
Yeah, I rented this on 360 just to see how the game was and whether I should buy it on PC... The voice work, graphics and... well everything was all horrible.

And I liked Gothic 3.