PDA

View Full Version : New Keyboard and Mouse

Delbert
11-29-07, 06:40 AM
New system spec has been chosen.
Decided i need a new keyboard and mouse. Looking for something that will improve my gaming ( QW, COD4 etc ).
Any recommendations ? ( price not a concern... but do not go crazy )
TIA

Lazaredz
11-29-07, 12:19 PM
New system spec has been chosen.
Decided i need a new keyboard and mouse. Looking for something that will improve my gaming ( QW, COD4 etc ).
Any recommendations ? ( price not a concern... but do not go crazy )
TIA

Practice and professional lessions????

J/k :P

No idea.

CaptNKILL
11-29-07, 12:46 PM
Anything from Logitech.

The MX518 is a few years old but its still one of the best mice you can buy.

hirantha
11-29-07, 01:07 PM
G7 from Logitech is a great mouse, very smooth motion and it feels great

XDanger
11-29-07, 01:27 PM
I have professional lesions ,all bought and payed for.

LORD-eX-Bu
11-29-07, 01:58 PM
avoid the Logitech G7 and G9.

G9 feels like ****, G7 operates on 2.4ghz band so you can receive interference from a ton of things(cordless phones, wireless networks, speakers, you name it).

I would go with a G5, perfect mouse :D

lduguay
11-29-07, 03:18 PM
avoid the Logitech G7 and G9.

G9 feels like ****, G7 operates on 2.4ghz band so you can receive interference from a ton of things(cordless phones, wireless networks, speakers, you name it).

I would go with a G5, perfect mouse :D
I have both the G5 at work and the G9 at home, and still prefer the G9.
For some reason my G5 does not work on a featureless black surface, but the G9 works perfectly.
I liked the MX1000 but it was a tad too heavy, and being wireless, it was not optimal for my 2.4ghz busy environment.

lduguay
11-29-07, 03:20 PM
I have professional lesions ,all bought and payed for.
You have lesions?
:o

Technoholic
11-29-07, 03:27 PM
Dell standard keyboard and Copperhead fits me. :captnkill:

wnd
11-29-07, 04:15 PM
Slightly off-topic rant. Now that Key Tronic is out of business and IBM no longer produces those certain keyboards, there's nobody left to make decent keyboards.

Logitech still makes good mice, but their keyboards stink. I don't know about their "gaming keyboards", but nothing I've tried comes even close to Key Tronic's KT2001. What a shame.

gmontem
11-29-07, 05:24 PM
and IBM no longer produces those certain keyboards, there's nobody left to make decent keyboards.

Unicomp produces keyboards with the buckling spring key design.

http://www.pckeyboard.com/

crainger
11-29-07, 05:33 PM
Slightly off-topic rant. Now that Key Tronic is out of business and IBM no longer produces those certain keyboards, there's nobody left to make decent keyboards.

Logitech still makes good mice, but their keyboards stink. I don't know about their "gaming keyboards", but nothing I've tried comes even close to Key Tronic's KT2001. What a shame.

The G11s and G15 are nice, but if you are used to those IBM boards, they will feel pretty crap. My G15 is great, but when it comes to typing, it does feel pretty ordinary and will develop a rattle after a while.

CaptNKILL
11-29-07, 05:45 PM
I love my Logitech Ultra-X keyboard, but they don't make this one anymore. NewEgg has one but it has the retarded over-sized Enter key from 1983.

The keyboard uses slim laptop style keys and its very small. I don't have much desk space so this is perfect. And I love the feel of these keys. They are so damned quick. :D

LORD-eX-Bu
11-29-07, 05:53 PM
I need a new keyboard, my Saitek Eclipse just doesn't cut it anymore with Frets on Fire :rofl

crainger
11-29-07, 06:05 PM
Told you Saitek suck!~ :p

Ara23
11-29-07, 07:54 PM
Razer Copperhead, Saitek Eclipse.

Amuro
11-29-07, 08:17 PM
I have both the G5 at work and the G9 at home, and still prefer the G9.
For some reason my G5 does not work on a featureless black surface, but the G9 works perfectly.
I liked the MX1000 but it was a tad too heavy, and being wireless, it was not optimal for my 2.4ghz busy environment.
Yeah, I prefer my G9 over my G5 too. If I could give a crap, I would probably try out that new mouse from Razer with that weird name that I can't spell, and see which one feels better.

crainger
11-29-07, 10:32 PM
The razor Lachness Monster?

LORD-eX-Bu
11-29-07, 10:34 PM
:lol:

zeejay
12-01-07, 02:46 PM
This is an interesting read if you are in the market for a mouse.

http://www.esreality.com/?a=post&id=1265679

It's a little out of date with some of the newest mice though.

DROT
12-01-07, 02:49 PM
Logitech MX518 is a great mouse I love it. 40 bucks is a pretty good price!

Lazaredz
12-01-07, 05:31 PM
Sorry to kind of jack your thread :p, but I did not want to start a new one.
I am doing lots of typing nowadays, and I am wondering if it is worth picking up a keyboard that is kind of split down the middle where the letter keys are. I know Microsoft has a couple of models, just wondering if anybody has one, is it easier to type faster with less mistakes?
http://www.mrgadget.com.au/uploaded_images/Microsoft_Natural_Ergonomic-725488.jpg

As for mice, I am using an Microsoft Wired Laser 6000. Works great for games like Enemy Territory and Counter Strike.
Just a plain old Logitech keyboard for me for now. You Cant go wrong with Logitech mice though.

I made the swich a couple of years ago bob and my wrists thank me for it. Bit of a learnig curve but you get over it quickly. The bitch is when you go to someone elses office and have to use their standard board. THEN you realize just how hard those things are on your wrists.

For my suggestion, check out Logitechs split keyboard wireless series. Have 2 (Corldess Comfort Duo) and love them both. Granted I bought a second mouse because the one they come with is crap and they dont sell the boards alone (neither does MS if I recall correctly). But whatever. You got a backup mouse for when your primary takes a dump.