PDA

View Full Version : More problems

nV`andrew
11-29-07, 08:27 PM
Well a few months ago i posted the problems i was having with my pc, and came to a conclusion that it was possessed(lol).

Here's my problem.
Ok, i turn the computer on. I get a no signal is connected, my pc lights and fans and everything go on, as well as the keyboard, but the mouse does not. If i power down the pc, the keyboard light stays on, which leads me to having to turn off the PSU whenever i want to turn my pc off all the way.

So now, i just leave my PC on 24/7, but if i want to restart it to install updates/games/programs, it takes a hell of a lot of reeboting to finally post. Why? Because of the problems above, after a while, the computer will finally successfully boot after literally hundreds of reboots by holding down the power button and hitting it again. Obviously this isnt good for my hard drives.

What's the problem? I do not believe it is the PSU, i've tried two of them. Although i could be very unlucky and have two ****ed up power supplies. I think it's the motherboard, which could explain the keyboard light staying on unless i completely remove power from the system.

This **** is ridiculous, can't even reboot my comp without a hassle. So what do i do? I can probably order another PSU next week if you guys think thats the problem, but i doubt it.

Specs in sig.

LORD-eX-Bu
11-29-07, 08:35 PM
have you tried using the default settings in your bios to see if that gets rid of the problem?

Bman212121
11-29-07, 08:46 PM
How do you have your ram configured in your sig? It's very possible if you tried to bump up the speeds on it but not give it the proper voltage it could hang on startup. My board when I OC the FSB past 254 it will take a lot longer to post than normal. I'd guess it is a stability problem of some kind as that usually will cause it to hang like that.

I just put together a PC for a friend and had a pair of Corsair dominator 1066 sticks for that pc. In order to get them to run at the rated speed you have to up the voltage from 1.8V to 2.1V (It says right on the box tested at 5-5-5-15 2T 1066 @ 2.1V) I'm guessing you'll need like 2.1V - 2.3V for those sticks to run properly. I don't know which set you have exactly, but on OCZ's site the pair I looked at stated a 2.3 voltage.

nV`andrew
11-29-07, 09:20 PM
all speeds are at stock, and so is the bios, its default. funny thing is, i finally got it running, played CS:S for about an hour, and it took a **** on me. Crashed and got no signal detected. That could be the graphics card i guess, i got artifacts on it a long time ago. That doesn't solve the problem i have with booting though. Thanks for the replies so far.

EDIT: So even if the timings are default, i should try upping the voltage?
Although, i'm not sure what explains the problem with the keyboard light staying on even when i turn my computer off.

lduguay
11-29-07, 09:26 PM
I think your mobo is shot

nV`andrew
11-29-07, 09:28 PM
I think your mobo is shot

That's what i think it is too, just wanted some more confirmation. I think my graphics card just took a dump on me 5 minutes ago as well. **** this computer, my worst build yet in terms of problems :(

Bman212121
11-29-07, 09:51 PM
all speeds are at stock, and so is the bios, its default. funny thing is, i finally got it running, played CS:S for about an hour, and it took a **** on me. Crashed and got no signal detected. That could be the graphics card i guess, i got artifacts on it a long time ago. That doesn't solve the problem i have with booting though. Thanks for the replies so far.

EDIT: So even if the timings are default, i should try upping the voltage?
Although, i'm not sure what explains the problem with the keyboard light staying on even when i turn my computer off.

If your running the ram at 800mhz then you shouldn't need to up the voltage, but if you are using the ram at it's rated speed of 1066mhz it probably doesn't have enough voltage to do so. The stock voltage level would be 1.8V which probably won't support running the ram at 1066 speeds.

nV`andrew
11-29-07, 09:52 PM
If your running the ram at 800mhz then you shouldn't need to up the voltage, but if you are using the ram at it's rated speed of 1066mhz it probably doesn't have enough voltage to do so if the bios is still set at stock voltage levels of 1.8V.

Alright, thanks, ill try to mess with it when the damn thing feels like turning on again :headexplode:

SLippe
11-29-07, 09:57 PM
Yup, sounds motherboard related to me as well.

nV`andrew
11-29-07, 10:00 PM
Hopefully Gigabyte has a decent RMA service and im not sitting without a good computer for over 2 weeks. I guess ill try contacting them tomorrow. The motherboard hopefully explains why it powered down while i was playing source, too.

crainger
11-29-07, 10:32 PM
I had this problem back with an old Soltek. Chucked it and went with an Abit. This was back in my P4 days, before my 3800+.

nV`andrew
11-29-07, 10:57 PM
I had this problem back with an old Soltek. Chucked it and went with an Abit. This was back in my P4 days, before my 3800+.

Well at least someone knows what im going through...*cries*
Sent in an RMA request to gigabyte, and luckily they are located in City of Industry just like the Egg, so shipping should be pretty quick.