PDA

View Full Version : CNET fires Gamespot reviewer for bad Kane and Lynch review!

Pages : [1] 2 3

Bah!
11-29-07, 10:29 PM
http://kotaku.com/gaming/rumor/gamespot-editor-fired-over-kane--lynch-review-328244.php

This just reaffirms what i figured was happening with game reviews over the past few years. The guy gives an honest review about a bad game and he gets fired for it.

CNet, and Eidos suck...that is all.

six_storm
11-29-07, 10:38 PM
Kane and Lynch looks pretty retarded anyways.

Hoopla
11-29-07, 10:40 PM
PC Gamer sucks too. Big time hype, advertising and exlusives whores. :thumbdwn:

LORD-eX-Bu
11-29-07, 10:40 PM
its actually pretty fun and had some good moments, but yeah the game was kinda lame overall.

nutcrackr
11-29-07, 11:14 PM
lol my collective faith in advertised supported review sites dropped by 50%, gamespot are now 0%.

evox
11-29-07, 11:29 PM
Unbelievable :\ after Kasavin, he was my favorite GS Reviewer :(

toxikneedle
11-29-07, 11:36 PM
Well i can unsubscribe from the hotspot podcast... without jeff its nothing.

MowTin
11-29-07, 11:43 PM
It's a bummer that the multiplayer is mucked up by a few different things. First, you're still playing Kane & Lynch, so all of the inaccurate firing issues and poor cover tactics from the single-player still apply

Hmm...it sounds like he's a little burned out playing crappy Console games :D

Don't get me wrong I like my 360 but if I had to review games games like the "Bee Movie Game" and "Ratatouille" I'd go nuts too.

The tone was a little unprofessional but firing a reviewer because the publisher threatened to pull their add sucks. :thumbdwn:

NarcissistZero
11-30-07, 12:47 AM
I didn't like the review simply because I thought the story and voice work were the highlight of the game and he listed them as part of the bad...

Still, honest reviews should be celebrated, not punished. This IS a rumor though, for the moment. I hope it ends up untrue.

Zelda_fan
11-30-07, 12:48 AM
This is that jackass who gave twilight princess an 8.8? BWAHAHA!! So long sucker.

LORD-eX-Bu
11-30-07, 12:55 AM
:rofl

K007
11-30-07, 02:10 AM
zeropoint ftw..

Gnaddel
11-30-07, 03:26 AM
zeropoint ftw..

qft!

Logical
11-30-07, 03:33 AM
This is the very reason i come to sites like NVnews, for honest real people and 'sometimes' a totally unbiased opinion of games. Just how much can we trust these gamesites like gamespot that are being 'payed off' to give good reviews or biased opinions. ?

Vasot02
11-30-07, 04:37 AM
Its all about $$$$ MONEY $$$$$ as always

Gaco
11-30-07, 06:26 AM
Who will be able to take Gamespot seriously now?

six_storm
11-30-07, 06:59 AM
Who will be able to take Gamespot seriously now?

Haha! I think GS has gone down the toilet over the past couple of years. The site loads a little slower everyday and the reviewers used to be pretty honest, but most games that come out today are really good. The only game site I go to for reviews anymore is GameTrailers. They have some good, in-depth reviews going on there, not to mention FREE and FAST streaming HD goodness. :D

crainger
11-30-07, 07:05 AM
If this is true, there is no way I'm renewing my subscription. I liked Jeff's reviews. They always felt very honest. Gamespot FTL!

ENU291
11-30-07, 08:33 AM
Gamespot is officially DEAD to me. CNET and Edios should be ashamed of themselves with these antics.

Namrok
11-30-07, 08:43 AM
I'm really not seeing what all the pining over Jeff getting ****canned is about. This is the guy that gave Tony Hawk a 10/10, and then turns around and decides to single handedly "fight hype" by giving otherwise extraordinary games average scores. I mean Kane & Lynch probably deserved getting panned, but I swear every game I played which was awesome that had an abnormally low score at Gamespot was usually reviewed by Jeff.

Good riddance.

Ninjaman09
11-30-07, 08:53 AM
I'm really not seeing what all the pining over Jeff getting ****canned is about. This is the guy that gave Tony Hawk a 10/10, and then turns around and decides to single handedly "fight hype" by giving otherwise extraordinary games average scores. I mean Kane & Lynch probably deserved getting panned, but I swear every game I played which was awesome that had an abnormally low score at Gamespot was usually reviewed by Jeff.

Good riddance.
I agree with your take on his reviews but it doesn't change the fact that if this story is true, it undermines the credibility of Gamespot's reviews in general.

edit: Video review which was taken down from Gamespot's site - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FuJ81sDR2o

For the record I thought his Zelda review was right on the mark, if not a little high.

Namrok
11-30-07, 10:10 AM
I agree with your take on his reviews but it doesn't change the fact that if this story is true, it undermines the credibility of Gamespot's reviews in general.

Gamespot had no credibility to lose in the first place.

Ninjaman09
11-30-07, 10:22 AM
I guess that depends. I always thought their reviews were helpful - many review sites are content to make silly puns and praise games vaguely, but Gamespot reviews usually went more in-depth. I'd have to say though that recently I've only been looking to Gametrailers.com for information about new games.

turdhat
11-30-07, 10:27 AM
Know where I get my game reviews ? Right here in the nvnews forums from people that just tell it like it is. There is on need to look any further.

Focca
11-30-07, 10:56 AM
Im actually quite enjoying the game so far, not had any problems with it at all, its no crysis/ut3/gears beater but its a good blast especially in co-op