PDA

View Full Version : Just bought CS:Source!!!

Pages : [1] 2 3

Alaa
11-30-07, 02:07 AM
Steam. What should I do now? This is my first time to play the game lol! Any tips? Can I join nvnews group? I might be buying TF2 by mid January!

Is it normal to have slow downloading rate on steam?

1337_Like_ThaT
11-30-07, 02:12 AM
http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/1343/manonmoonnb3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

methimpikehoses
11-30-07, 02:13 AM
I hope you spaent $50 on it. :D

Alaa
11-30-07, 02:19 AM
http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/1343/manonmoonnb3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
A lil bit late to the party! :cool: 20$ off steam.

sharvin
11-30-07, 02:24 AM
have fun with the countless 12 year olds and hackers lol, I stopped playing CSS when i realized i wasn't having fun and all it was doing was causing me stress.

mojoman0
11-30-07, 03:02 AM
lol get ready to get head shotted 50 million times... i cant believe so many people play cs

nutcrackr
11-30-07, 03:31 AM
cs is one of the most rewarding mp games I've played, but getting there is hard work.

evox
11-30-07, 03:47 AM
Fire In the hole! get ready to hear that a trillion times :)

Alaa
11-30-07, 06:29 AM
Thanks for the input. :) I'll try it tonight.

six_storm
11-30-07, 08:00 AM
Get ready to be pissed. I haven't played in a while but I'm sure that the hitboxes haven't been fixed.

Crow_Nest
11-30-07, 10:59 AM
The netcode/hitboxes in source is disgusting. Good luck with it. You'll still have fun no matter what though so dont worry. :)

de><ta
11-30-07, 11:06 AM
The netcode/hitboxes in source is disgusting. Good luck with it. You'll still have fun no matter what though so dont worry. :)

Not as bad the hitboxes in BF2.

The basics:
- Always buy full armor (kev + helmet)
- Stick with the mp5, crouch and go full auto
- Don't stay in one spot
- Listen to footsteps, know when to walk and when to run

And don't spend to much time lining up shots, unless they are extremely far away. Just spray and pray.

Crow_Nest
11-30-07, 12:13 PM

The basics:
- Don't stay in one spot

And don't spend to much time lining up shots, unless they are extremely far away. Just spray and pray.

Yeah the footsteps especially. If you are going to play CS for a long time to come, i suggest investing in a decent headset if you dont have one. Use sound to your advantage, use it properly and people will think you're a wall hacker.

Alaa
11-30-07, 01:17 PM
Great! How do I buy stuff? :D

CDE_1246
11-30-07, 02:06 PM
have fun with the countless 12 year olds and hackers lol, I stopped playing CSS when i realized i wasn't having fun and all it was doing was causing me stress.

You are exactly right. Also 10 year olds lol. Those stupid kids piss me off on the mic's so much with there little high pitched pre-puberty voices.

Alaa
11-30-07, 02:28 PM
So what? I got all the negative comments after I bought the game?

HarryDude
11-30-07, 06:41 PM
Don't forget it's just a game and stop playing if you get angry. and proper matches are more fun than public if you have cool team mates. Though public is easier to kill people generally because theres almost no team tactics involved.

Burnt_Ram
11-30-07, 07:06 PM
Great! How do I buy stuff? :D
press the "B" key to buy inventory :)

Alaa
11-30-07, 08:00 PM
Do I have to play these round in every MP match? i.e. die and wait for the next round?

How about TF2? The good and the bad?

MowTin
11-30-07, 09:29 PM
Counter Strike--source or original--is probably the best multiplayer FPS of all time. This is just a fact based on the number of people from all over the world who play this game.

I bet if you go to the backwoods a China and find an Internet cafe you'll find people playing Counter Strike.

I was on vacation in Asia once and I saw a kid at an Internet cafe playing Counter Strike (1.6) like a god. That's the problem. There are so many people who do nothing but play this game that if you're new you have to prepare to die a lot.

You will be at or near the bottom of the list for a long time. It takes quite some time before you're good enough to break even and get one kill for every death. 1:1 kill ratio.

One great thing about CS is that you have short rounds. You can play all day or you can play for 30 minutes.

I've retired from CS over a year ago but there is really no feeling quite like when you're the last player on your team vs. 3 or 4 opposing players. You kill one, then two, then your heart is pounding out of your chest :D. You know that every dead player is watching your killing spree. Everyone on your team is surely chearing for you. Your mouse hand starts sweating. Then bam! You nail the last guy with a headshot. You're the man!...yeah you're THE MAN! :D

Very rarely does a game give you that kind of high.

Alaa
11-30-07, 10:13 PM
:lol2:
Seriously, how do I mute this sound?

Score 1...22 Deaths! (nana2)

SH64
12-01-07, 12:47 AM
QFT.

Elvin Presler
12-01-07, 06:04 AM
The netcode/hitboxes in source is disgusting.

Bingo! Totally random if you hit someone at point blank or not no matter how careful you aim. You can stand directly behind some "sniper" and empty 30 rounds worth of careful, controlled 3 round bursts into the back of his head and miss with every shot, but somehow, when he finally realizes you're there, pulls out his little pistol and jumps up spinning like a hula dancer, firing wildly in panic, he manages to one shot you right between the eyes, every time. **** CS. :thumbdwn:

Rakeesh
12-01-07, 06:41 AM
Bingo! Totally random if you hit someone at point blank or not no matter how careful you aim. You can stand directly behind some "sniper" and empty 30 rounds worth of careful, controlled 3 round bursts into the back of his head and miss with every shot, but somehow, when he finally realizes you're there, pulls out his little pistol and jumps up spinning like a hula dancer, firing wildly in panic, he manages to one shot you right between the eyes, every time. **** CS. :thumbdwn:

I've had a couple of times where I've shot at somebody's feet at point blank and managed to get a headshot anyways.

gulizard
12-01-07, 01:50 PM

The basics:
- Don't stay in one spot

Bf2 has bad hit boxes? Yeah OKAY... LMAO

I shoot at someone in BF2 they die....