PDA

View Full Version : NVIDIA to launch GeForce 9 series in February 2008!!!

Digital_Trans
11-30-07, 06:16 PM
Nvidia is ready for its next-generation GPU launch. According to sources at graphics card makers, the company plans to launch its GeForce 9 series GPU after the Lunar New Year in February.

The first chip to rollout of in GeForce 9 family will be the D9E, a high-end product that adopts 65nm manufacturing. The new product will also support DirectX 10.1 and Shader Model 4.1, revealed the sources.

In addition to the D9E, Nvidia will roll out a mid-range GeForce 9 family product named D9P in June 2008. The new GPU will adopt 55nm processing, the sources pointed out.

News Source: http://www.digitimes.com/mobos/a20071129PD216.html

Mr_LoL
11-30-07, 06:25 PM
Woot good news. I can finally get rid of this GTX.

XDanger
11-30-07, 06:37 PM
High end 65nm
Mid Range 55 nm ???

So is the D9E a new product and the D9P a further die shrink of the G80/G92?

Revs
12-01-07, 06:15 AM
Good stuff, cheers DT :)

I wonder if it's still gonna be a GX2? Was that ever confirmed or just a rumor?

Anyhow, looking forward to seeing how much they're gonna want for it.

lee63
12-01-07, 06:24 AM
I love my ultras (lee63) I prolly wont upgrade GPUs until the middle of next year, as long as they run Crysis, I'm happy :captnkill:

MUFC4EVER
12-02-07, 01:04 PM
Woot good news. I can finally get rid of this GTX.

What do u mean old GTX LOL.

Still a very good card in most situations and better than the G92GT/GTS.

Remember all the extra ram you've got and bandwidth.

Hopefully the 9xxx will come with 512 bit bus and 1mb ram. Hope so.

Even if it does NV needs to provide some decent Vista drivers. To date they are all crap!

Let's hope.

(lee63)

breathemetal
12-02-07, 01:10 PM
My GTX oc'd runs Crysis great

And i doubt there will be many more games that push the card as much as Crysis does...so im keeping the GTX for a good year or two.

$n][pErMan
12-02-07, 01:31 PM
My GTX oc'd runs Crysis great

And i doubt there will be many more games that push the card as much as Crysis does...so im keeping the GTX for a good year or two.
Likewise... unelss the 9xxx series has some seriously sweet benchmarks and for a decent price. Going to wait and see what happens when they are released :)

ahheadlock
12-02-07, 08:27 PM
Hopefully the 9xxx will come with 512 bit bus and 1mb ram. Hope so.

hope not :)

Digital_Trans
12-03-07, 12:53 AM
News recap: NVIDIA is certainly planning on making lots of hay this Christmas, rolling out revisions to its mid-range GeForce 8 series and raking in the cash on the technology it has spent the last few years developing. But one thing is noticeably absent from the firm's Christmas lineup - any signs of GeForce 9. Earlier on this year, Nvidia's senior management were telling press in behind-the-scenes briefings that the plan was to stick to the GeForce 7 and 8 launch schedule - a new high-end part for Christmas, and mainstream spin-outs in Q1 and 2 the following year. This hasn't happened for GeForce 9. Why? Well, because it hasn't had to. The various re-spins of GeForce 8 are plenty powerful enough to keep Nvidia at cruising speed through the holiday season, without pulling out the big guns - after all, the competition this year has been barely worth looking at so the green team has had the market to itself. Well, now Digitimes reckons that GeForce 9 is on track for a February 2008 release date. It seems feasible, but there is nobody at Nvidia who will confirm this either way, not least because the company is notoriously wishy-washy when it comes to rumours.

stefan9
12-03-07, 03:05 AM
Good news. Will be about time to upgrade my 8800 gts. It's been a good ride 12 months for one gfx seems like ages but it's nearly time to get a new toy. I hope pricing will be good.

MUYA
12-03-07, 03:21 AM
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=103406