PDA

View Full Version : Bioshock 2 Studio forming, No Ken Levine

Riplayne
12-01-07, 12:23 AM
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/79457-2K-Forms-New-Studio-for-BioShock-Sequel

Apparently he sucks to work for :headexplode:

jAkUp
12-01-07, 12:49 AM
If you read any interviews and videos, he seems like a pretty cool guy :o

delas52
12-01-07, 01:27 AM
I live like 10 minutes away from Quincy (2k boston) :D

CaptNKILL
12-01-07, 02:05 AM
I wonder what exactly he does to make everyone so miserable?

crainger
12-01-07, 02:09 AM
Same thing MikeC does. Ass Slapping.

CaptNKILL
12-01-07, 02:11 AM
Same thing MikeC does. Ass Slapping.
Shhh... he's always lurking... watching... waiting to strike... don't provoke him...

I'm... so... scared... :cry:

AngelGraves13
12-01-07, 04:49 AM
awesome...can't wait to see BioShock 2. I'm sure they've learned a few lessons of what not to do with BioShock. One of them should be to communicate with the community more and update them on status of patches and so on.

Saintster
12-01-07, 05:05 AM
Bioshock was ok maybe 2 will be better.

ASUSEN7900GTX
12-01-07, 05:22 AM
still many reviewers mean that Bio will go GOTY?

but now crysis and COD 4 this wil be a fight to the finish line wich will be goty

Jonelo
12-01-07, 07:41 AM
edit

CaptNKILL
12-01-07, 02:34 PM
I really wasn't overly impressed with Bioshock.

It was a good FPS, but it wasn't anything new. If you played System Shock 2 (which I just did last year), the gameplay was almost identical, there were just fewer RPG elements.

The story that it was praised for was also pretty overrated. There was a total of like 3 minutes of non-shooting scenes throughout the whole game. How deep or story driven could it have been? The radio messages were kind of cool, but (like in System Shock 2) they felt tacked on because the rest of the game was too shallow to mesh very well with so many characters' back stories.

More than anything, the repetition was what spoiled it for me. Every level played exactly the same and wasn't real interesting to look at. Every enemy was the same from beginning to end. The only thing that changed was how many shotgun blasts to the face they could take before dieing (which got tedious).

It was a good concept but it should have played the way it did for one or two levels, not 10.

I won't be surprised if it gets lots of GOTY awards though.

Q
12-01-07, 02:38 PM
I really wasn't overly impressed with Bioshock.

It was a good FPS, but it wasn't anything new. If you played System Shock 2 (which I just did last year), the gameplay was almost identical, there were just fewer RPG elements.

The story that it was praised for was also pretty overrated. There was a total of like 3 minutes of non-shooting scenes throughout the whole game. How deep or story driven could it have been? The radio messages were kind of cool, but (like in System Shock 2) they felt tacked on because the rest of the game was too shallow to mesh very well with so many characters' back stories.

More than anything, the repetition was what spoiled it for me. Every level played exactly the same and wasn't real interesting to look at. Every enemy was the same from beginning to end. The only thing that changed was how many shotgun blasts to the face they could take before dieing (which got tedious).

It was a good concept but it should have played the way it did for one or two levels, not 10.

I won't be surprised if it gets lots of GOTY awards though.

Same here.

CaptNKILL
12-01-07, 02:41 PM
To clarify on the story, the recorded dialog and the general idea were pretty cool... but the same exact audio logs could have been placed throughout levels in Doom and it would have had the same effect.

There was very little connection between the actual game and the story you were being read.

A good comparison would be Deus Ex. The game had a crap load of real dialog and character interaction to make it work right, but the text logs and audio messages were also tied to someone or something in the real game. They added depth to the actual gameplay, rather than saying "oh by the way, here is a story" while you're trying to fight off a room full of splicers.