PDA

View Full Version : Am I seriously screwed?

Zapablast05
12-03-07, 01:25 AM
A fly just got sucked into my computer through my side fan (omg) .. What the **** are the chances of that happening? Am I screwed if it were to land on my motherboard while my computer is on? I'm afraid that little bastard might short out my whole computer. What should I do, let it be or leave my case open in hopes of it flying out if it even survived, because I just opened the case....and nothing came out.. How do I know it was a fly? Because that thing has been flying around in my room for a few minutes and then I hear a lound BZZZERRRRRR comming from my fan and I take a look and it's stuck in the grill and then just gets sucked in. I hope that asshole gets caught in my 120mm fan...

methimpikehoses
12-03-07, 01:30 AM
OH NOES

http://www.horrordirectors.com/DavidCronenberg/fly04.jpg

Technoholic
12-03-07, 01:31 AM
The fly was sucked in your computer, and it was still running. I doubt it'll kill your computer. Someday, when you take out your hardware, you'll find the dead fly, or maybe nothing.

Zapablast05
12-03-07, 01:33 AM
The fly was sucked in your computer, and it was still running. I doubt it'll kill your computer. Someday, when you take out your hardware, you'll find the dead fly, or maybe nothing.

I'll probably do it this weekend...take everything out. For now, I'll leave my case ajar so if it's alive, it can fly out.

I don't think I'm every going to forget this, lol.

Technoholic
12-03-07, 01:36 AM
One in a billion chance it gets sucked. :lol: But I didn't say take everything out and find it, I meant when you really need to take one of your hardwares out, then you might.

Zapablast05
12-03-07, 01:44 AM
One in a billion chance it gets sucked. :lol: But I didn't say take everything out and find it, I meant when you really need to take one of your hardwares out, then you might.

Lol, alot of rarities are happening to me. I got a dollar with a star at the ends of the code over the summer, I"m passing my math class, and now a fly got sucked into my computer!? What's next, a flying squirrel lands on my head and becomes my pet?

This one isn't mine, but here's what the dollar looks like:

http://ragandbone.com/bloggerimages/2007_04_15_money/one_dollar/2003.jpg

Technoholic
12-03-07, 01:55 AM
What's next, a flying squirrel lands on my head and becomes my pet?
:lol: That would be really nice. At my University, someone here has raccoon as a pet.

dxx
12-03-07, 08:06 AM
Lol, alot of rarities are happening to me. I got a dollar with a star at the ends of the code over the summer, I"m passing my math class, and now a fly got sucked into my computer!? What's next, a flying squirrel lands on my head and becomes my pet?

This one isn't mine, but here's what the dollar looks like:

http://ragandbone.com/bloggerimages/2007_04_15_money/one_dollar/2003.jpg

What does the star mean?

verboten
12-03-07, 08:26 AM
A bill with a star on indicated that it was a reprint. The original was most likely printed incorrectly.

CaptNKILL
12-03-07, 02:00 PM
I don't think a fly would cause any problems.

They don't really have enough guts in them to short out components. If it died on top of your video card or something it'd just stop moving and sort of turn into a little shell. :p

nV`andrew
12-03-07, 07:01 PM
Look at the bright side...fried fly for dinner. Cooked well-done.

Zapablast05
12-03-07, 08:11 PM
A bill with a star on indicated that it was a reprint. The original was most likely printed incorrectly.

Yeah. The rarity of it is 1 out of 999,999 bills is a reprint.

Amuro
12-03-07, 08:19 PM
The spinning fan blades did not kill the fly?

dxx
12-05-07, 07:13 AM

Ah, cheers.

Zapablast05
12-06-07, 12:04 AM
The spinning fan blades did not kill the fly?

LOL NO!! I was like, wtf, wouldn't the fan blades kill the fly? But then I noticed that the turbo button on my PSU wasn't on, so my fans weren't on max speed. That's really crazy that it survived. So far I haven't seen a dead fly in my PC.

wysiwyg
12-06-07, 05:17 AM
you have a buggy pc :P

SLippe
12-06-07, 06:18 AM
Did you keep the dollar?

Joe Public
12-06-07, 06:30 AM
A small thing such as a fly wouldn't pose any danger, even if it got splattered by the fan blades it probably won't have caused any damage. On that note, better get some kind of air filters on those fans. ;)

Slammin
12-06-07, 05:12 PM
Fly Murderer!

wysiwyg
12-06-07, 05:54 PM
i phoned PETA

they are on the way round to you

breathemetal
12-06-07, 05:59 PM
**** peta

stupid animal worshipers...they piss me off

vandalous
12-06-07, 06:11 PM
Where are all the bug puns? Y'all disappoint me sometimes...

At least now you have a superfly PC. Super cuz it was so fast (or tough) that it made it through the fan blades. :)

Zapablast05
12-06-07, 10:48 PM
Fly Murderer!

What will Flyvomit say about me! :o

A small thing such as a fly wouldn't pose any danger, even if it got splattered by the fan blades it probably won't have caused any damage. On that note, better get some kind of air filters on those fans. ;)

I need to get a finer grill. The stock ones that came with the case are like, gaping holes..

Did you keep the dollar?

Yup, it's in my wallet. I consider it my lucky dollar, I don't know why, lol.