PDA

View Full Version : How to enable or disable SLI from the command line or a batch script?

charlweed
12-03-07, 08:26 PM
Hi!
I want to write a Windows batch file that will launch windows applications, AFTER correctly configuring the appropriate multi-monitor and SLI environment.
This will be either
1) a two monitor horizontal span without SLI
2) a single monitor with SLI

At the moment I have Windows XP, NVIDIA Control Panel 1.4.900.14, and ForceWare 163.75.

I have figured out how to set the multi-monitor v.s. single monitor environment by executing
“rundll32.exe NvCpl.dll,dtcfg setview 1 hspan AA AB”
or
“rundll32.exe NvCpl.dll,dtcfg setview 1 normal AB”

What I can’t figure out is how to explicitly enable or disable SLI before the target exe is launched. I’ll keep this post short and simply say that the “Manage 3D Settings->Program Settings” and “Adjust Custom Rules” features of the control panel do not work.

Is there any way to do this from a batch file? Heck, is there any way to do this from C++ or C#?

Thanks!

Charlweed

P.S. I have the NVControlPanel_API.pdf, it does not seem to document how to do this.....

Quick420
12-09-07, 03:00 PM
Looks interesting,I'll see if I can find any more info on this topic.:headexplode:

dxx
12-09-07, 03:14 PM
It's a painfully inelegant solution, but if you have the programming madskillz, it's fairly easy to write a program executable with a key combo that starts the nVidia control panel and sends the appropriate combination of tab, arrow, and enter keystrokes to it to enable or disable SLI.