PDA

View Full Version : BioShock PC Patch Live at Midnight

Pages : [1] 2

AngelGraves13
12-04-07, 12:11 AM
Available midnight tonight... :)

PC PATCH UPDATES, FIXES, AND FEATURES

- Added the following plasmids and gene tonics: Sonic Boom, Sonic Boom 2, Eve Saver, Machine Buster, Machine - Buster 2, Vending Expert, Vending Expert 2
- Added an Option to disable the Vita-Chambers for added difficulty
- Added support for a walk toggle keybind
- Added Horizontal FOV Lock option
- Fixed mouse acceleration issues
- Fixed reserved keys not functioning properly when keys are unbound
- Fixed multiple cases of keys not allowing a rebind
- Re-added the Human Inferno tonic
- Changed behavior of subtitles so that inappropriate queuing does not occur
- Changed functionality of keybinding lookup to only search in the current input context when finding bindings for in-game display
- Added rendering support for TripleHead2Go
- Atlas VO volume increased for German releases
- Fixed issue of subtitles not clearing correctly occasionally
- Fixed issue causing long hitches or hangs when accessing certain interface screens, machines, and the hacking minigame
- Fix for a potential situation in Recreation where taking a picture of Cobb is impossible if his body gets stuck behind a fallen pillar
- Fixed subtitle timings to more accurately match the on screen audio
- Fixed issue causing stuttering audio when using Windows Vista
- Fixed issue with characters squirming and wiggling after death
- Fixed blood decals and other projectors not showing up on ATI hardware
- The "Enable EAX" option is now greyed out when EAX-capable hardware is not present
- Fixed audio issues stemming from having a Speaker Setting in Windows that was invalid for the current sound card
- Removed erroneous "Reload" binding in a no-weapons context
- Fixed incorrect Training Message concerning bots who are friendly to enemy AIs
- Fixed incorrect Training Message when shooting a Mimic
- Fixed refresh rate being locked at 60hz in DX10 mode
- Fixed VSync disabling in DX10 mode

crainger
12-04-07, 12:18 AM
SONIC BOOOOOOOOOM!

SH0DAN
12-04-07, 12:20 AM
:thumbdwn:

They still have not fixed the things most important to me !!!!!! Glint toggles for the console kiddies. :mad: :rolleyes:

Effing idiots !!!!!!!!!!! The new content better be damn good,and if it only amounts to a few extra plasmidsnthat are already there to begiin with, will I be pissed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbdwn:

AngelGraves13
12-04-07, 12:22 AM
:thumbdwn:

They still have not fixed the things most important to me !!!!!! Glint toggles for the console kiddies. :mad: :rolleyes:

Effing idiots !!!!!!!!!!! The new content better be damn good,and if it only amounts to a few extra plasmidsnthat are already there to begiin with,fuk will I be pissed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbdwn:

What's a glint toggle? Sounds like a sexual position lol

XxDeadlyxX
12-04-07, 12:23 AM
So no DX10 AA? blah.

AngelGraves13
12-04-07, 12:28 AM
So no DX10 AA? blah.

That might end up being something that might have to be done in a second patch or possibly by the green team and red team (nvidia and ati).

LurkerLito
12-04-07, 12:53 AM
I wonder if this will be on steam at the same time or if steam users will have to wait.

AngelGraves13
12-04-07, 12:56 AM
I'm guessing it will be available at the same time, or if not...then sometime tomorrow.

SH0DAN
12-04-07, 12:58 AM
What's a glint toggle? Sounds like a sexual position lol

Eithier you have not played the game,or you are just another child making use of Mommy and Daddy's internet connection.Which is it ?

As I stated the other day,the quality of posts and posters has dropped off
a cliff on this site,in recent years.

CaptNKILL
12-04-07, 01:03 AM
Great fix list.

I no longer have the game installed, but if for some reason I feel like playing it again, this patch will fix any issues I had. It was very stable and bug free for me.

The Vsync and Refresh rate issues in DirectX 10 were really irritating. Other than that I didn't have any significant problems with the game (other than how repetitive it was :p).

AngelGraves13
12-04-07, 01:07 AM
Eithier you have not played the game,or you are just another child making use of Mommy and Daddy's internet connection.Which is it ?

I've played the game three times through so far. First time killing all the little sisters and the second time saving them all and the third saving them all again and trying to spend all my Adam.

BTW...I'm 24 years old and have been gaming since the days of Commander Keen.

SO...What in the hell is a glint toggle?

If you're talking about Usable Object Highlight or Item Shimmer, that can be turned off in the Gameplay Options...something that has ALWAYS been there. Turning it off does NOT turn it off on Mission Critical items or objects, but for everything else like ammo, eve, u-invent stuff, and so on.

http://www.2kgames.com/cultofrapture/features/pc/gameplay.jpg

http://www.tweakguides.com/Bioshock_6.html

agentkay
12-04-07, 01:16 AM
"Note: Objects or characters which are part of your current mission Goal will still retain a gold glow regardless of these settings."

I'm guessing he meant the mission related objects that glow even when the setting is set to disable.

NaitoSan
12-04-07, 01:38 AM

wow that's a bit too harsh don't you think? he didn't do anything but lightly joked and asked what glint toggle was.

LT.Schaffer
12-04-07, 02:29 AM
It's Out Now!
http://www.2kgames.com/bioshock/support/

MaXThReAT
12-04-07, 02:41 AM
- Added support for a walk toggle keybind

OMG, this is really the biggest thing to me. In my book this game is now offically a good PC game and not just good port. How they could put out a game that looks this good and not give you a way to slow down and look at things is beyond me but I'm really glad they've added it in. DLing now.

jAkUp
12-04-07, 02:45 AM
Wow awesome! Nice changelist too, much more than I thought.

AngelGraves13
12-04-07, 03:38 AM
It's out on STEAM now as well.

Stoneyguy
12-04-07, 04:06 AM
I still haven't opened my 360 version of the game. I wonder if now I'm better off returning it for the PC version.

nutcrackr
12-04-07, 04:08 AM
Fixed issue with characters squirming and wiggling after death

:thumbsup:

(nana2)

mythy
12-04-07, 04:50 AM
This game is soo old...

muaddib
12-04-07, 05:37 AM
Excellent patch, to bad I have already finished the game, and there's no "open world" option to continue exploring it. They should have added some side-quests or missions.

NaitoSan
12-04-07, 05:43 AM
muaddib, thought you could use train to go back to different levels? (edit, never mind just re-read your post)

anyway, i recently logged in 360 and bioshock patch is available now. wow widescreen does make a different. you get to see more and it's awesome. :D

Crow_Nest
12-04-07, 06:40 AM
How come i do not see any fix for the random crashes? Or is it fixed in the changelog but its written in a different language.

sniggle
12-04-07, 08:01 AM
What about the jerky physics that are capped at ~30fps? Doesn't sound like those are fixed... That was the most important to me.

Fats_43
12-04-07, 08:02 AM
lmao yeah real good patch I can't even change resolution properly with this.

Game freezes crashes etc.. and when u turn V Sysc off same ..

This has been there since it launched, oh well looks like it goes back on the shelf until the next 2k patching attempt.