PDA

View Full Version : Gamespot has just responded to the Gerstmann controversy.

Pages : [1] 2

3DBrad
12-04-07, 11:42 AM
http://www.thattechsite.com/main/?p=206
(direct link: http://www.gamespot.com/news/6183603.html?action=convert&om_clk=latestnews&tag=latestnews;title;0)

BioHazZarD
12-04-07, 11:56 AM
lol just the usual BS, hope the site will go down the toilett after this..

SH64
12-04-07, 12:05 PM
Yeah BS.
details of Gerstmann's departure cannot be disclosed publicly
:rolleyes:

jAkUp
12-04-07, 12:21 PM
Funny that they pulled his video review.

Madpistol
12-04-07, 12:27 PM
Hmmmmmm...

First they fire him, and now they're paying tribute to him????? :headexplode:

That's it! I will never go to Gamespot again. What a catastrophe.

Crow_Nest
12-04-07, 01:37 PM
Thats total BS. So now their pretending to be humble towards him? HAH! TOO LATE!

GameSpot for the fail.

SH64
12-04-07, 01:39 PM
Thats total BS. So now their pretending to be humble towards him? HAH! TOO LATE!

GameSpot for the fail.
GS ftff!!

ChaoticNick
12-04-07, 04:32 PM
GameSpot for the fail.
+1

mumstheword
12-04-07, 04:37 PM
nvnews ftww

crainger
12-04-07, 04:37 PM
For the Win Win?

mumstheword
12-04-07, 04:39 PM
For the Win Win?

i got so excited i pressed another w. I stand by my extra w.

crainger
12-04-07, 04:41 PM
It's quite ok. I often get excited posting too. :o

Tygerwoody
12-04-07, 04:46 PM
I give this news a 9.2... the lowest score I've seen on gamespot in quite some time. :D

SeriTonin
12-04-07, 04:47 PM
lol just the usual BS, hope the site will go down the toilett after this..

Thought is was already there with loads of toliet paper ontop of it?

FastRedPonyCar
12-04-07, 04:58 PM
NV news for Teh World Wide Win

sillyeagle
12-04-07, 07:56 PM
lol that thread on gamespot is well over 50 pages, most saying they are dropping their membership.

WCG
12-04-07, 10:15 PM
I think is GS was smart, they'd go silent on the whole situation, eventually people will stop and move on to the next big thing. By editing this, deleting that, and commenting on it, they're just stirring the pot and keeping it going themselves.

Severian126
12-04-07, 10:57 PM
Crap, they disabled user reviews on the game. And I wanted to add my 2 cents. :( Bummer.

delas52
12-04-07, 11:29 PM
Well, I'd at least cut GS some slack in the whole "we can't discuss the specifics of his departure" thing. Maybe his "departure" was the result of some sexual harrassment issues, etc, it could have literally been anything, and they are doing him a huge favor by not disclosing it...and that is why he has been relatively silent on the issue as far as I know.

Has Gerstmann said anything about it?

Maybe so, but I find it too hard to believe it is a coincidence they took down the video review and user reviews at the same time as firing him.

Unless of course he went insane because of Kane and Lynch :confused:

saw this on another site:

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e155/bobdebeelder/vivasig.jpg

3DBrad
12-05-07, 09:59 AM
He would be sued if he discusses why he is fired, as he is under NDA.

six_storm
12-05-07, 10:04 AM
What a load of crap. You know Jeff got fired because of his bad review. Have you seen any of the game? It looks horrible! I agree that the multiplayer brings a new and fresh idea, but I haven't played the game so I dunno how it's like. All in all, I'd be extremely surprised if the game is good.

3DBrad
12-05-07, 10:08 AM
To me, Rich Gallup was Gamespot, as well as the Kevin guy, who is now a bigshot at Electronic Arts. :)

Jeff was about the last guy on Gamespot who could be entertaining.

six_storm
12-05-07, 11:23 AM
www.cashwh0re.com

:D

nemecb
12-05-07, 11:38 AM
At least they finally bothered to deny the rumors. I still don't think I believe them though. I mean, why pull his video review? Not to mention the fact that Eidos still has some pretty shady stuff on their site for the game, so it's not at all inconceivable that they would pressure a site to do something like this.

As I've said before, we'll probably never know for sure what happened, but this whole situation has a pretty rotten stench surrounding it.

delas52
12-05-07, 12:30 PM
They took down the user reviews because they were being spammed with worthless numbers. People complain about the "integrity" of a review site, all while artificially dragging down the user score of a game when posting their complaints that have nothing to do with the game itself, which is VERY hypocritical as far as I'm concerned...I mean, if you're out looking for "legitimate unbiased reviews", why would you give a game a bad score just because you thought the publisher was shady? That shouldn't change the quality of the game.

I'm probably the only person who sees things that way :o

But I refuse to take up arms and defend some guy I don't know anything about, especially if he was fired for a reason that no one is willing to talk about. If he was treated unfairly, I'm pretty sure he would have been vocal about it. I sure as hell would have been.

And the video review?