PDA

View Full Version : Can Crysis be run on EEEPC?

Pages : [1] 2

s064809
12-05-07, 12:19 PM
I just bought my EEEPC. I wonder if I could run Crysis on it. I don't know the system requirement of Crysis so I am wondering, Coz the seller told me if I run Crysis on new PC and the game should run fine.

nekrosoft13
12-05-07, 12:19 PM
sure, it will run at about 90fps

LORD-eX-Bu
12-05-07, 12:20 PM
:headexplode:

s064809
12-05-07, 12:22 PM
sure, it will run at about 90fps
Really?? Coz the seller told me if I run Crysis on new PC and the game should run fine.:captnkill:

six_storm
12-05-07, 12:24 PM
Make sure you run it in DX10 mode, get the best graphical features and get about 100FPS.

zoomy942
12-05-07, 12:26 PM
the EEEPC has the c3LL, so yeah, it can run Crysis

LORD-eX-Bu
12-05-07, 12:29 PM
you also want to make sure you douse the EEEPC in gasiline before you turn it on, I hear it overclocks the PSU and makes it run ub3r 1337 (crazy)

3DBrad
12-05-07, 12:37 PM
I would doubt the original Call of Duty would run on it, or run well. ;)

CaptNKILL
12-05-07, 03:11 PM
I don't know what an EEEPC is, and I'd almost feel like I was falling for spam bait if I searched for it...

photophreak314
12-05-07, 03:15 PM
Here you go CaptN

http://eeepc.asus.com/global/product.htm

It probably has difficulties playing high-end flash games.

nekrosoft13
12-05-07, 03:19 PM
this beast can play anything
http://fullygeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/eeepc701.jpg

look they are playing crysis right now
http://loisirs14.com/blog/uploads/eeepc.jpg

CaptNKILL
12-05-07, 03:21 PM
Oh THAT.

Yeah, you won't even be able to install the game.

It has Linux on it unless you installed XP yourself. The "drive" is only 8Gigs MAX (its just a flash chip). And you can bet your ass that if they don't even list what kind of CPU or video chip is in it (other than "intel") it won't play any games from the past 4 years. At all.

That's one of those things thats "neat" but is just not cheap enough to be worth buying.

EDIT: Wow... what a rip off. These things are $350-$400! Go to walmart and buy their bottom of the barrel laptop and it'll be 20x the speed of this piece of crap, the screen will be twice as big, it'll actually have an OS on it that can be used for "stuff", and it'll cost just as much or LESS.

I would buy an eeepc for $100 if it had a touch screen, to act as a better "portable emulator" than my nintendo DS. Thats one quarter of the price, with a feature that it does not have.

CDE_1246
12-05-07, 04:39 PM
Don't worry it will run it great.

grey_1
12-05-07, 05:16 PM
mean and evil

That's what you bunch are.

mean and evil

:cool:

de><ta
12-05-07, 05:42 PM
It should run fine... just fine.

a12ctic
12-05-07, 05:43 PM
Oh THAT.

Yeah, you won't even be able to install the game.

It has Linux on it unless you installed XP yourself. The "drive" is only 8Gigs MAX (its just a flash chip). And you can bet your ass that if they don't even list what kind of CPU or video chip is in it (other than "intel") it won't play any games from the past 4 years. At all.

That's one of those things thats "neat" but is just not cheap enough to be worth buying.

EDIT: Wow... what a rip off. These things are $350-$400! Go to walmart and buy their bottom of the barrel laptop and it'll be 20x the speed of this piece of crap, the screen will be twice as big, it'll actually have an OS on it that can be used for "stuff", and it'll cost just as much or LESS.

I would buy an eeepc for $100 if it had a touch screen, to act as a better "portable emulator" than my nintendo DS. Thats one quarter of the price, with a feature that it does not have.

Its an ultraportable, its tiny, try finding a laptop this small for under 1000$... Excluding games, Linux is 20x more useful than Windows, the apps are just as good, if not better, free ,and much more rapidly improved.

jcossin
12-05-07, 05:46 PM
See the japanese seniors squinting to try to read the dinky screen...

Anandtech did a review, seems like a lame product built on technology from about 5 years ago...

nemecb
12-05-07, 06:11 PM
See the japanese seniors squinting to try to read the dinky screen...

Anandtech did a review, seems like a lame product built on technology from about 5 years ago...
You shouldn't talk about the iPhone that way...oh, that's not what you were talking about?:firedevil

But yeah, I'd expect at least 60spf with Crysis on that thing.

Dazz
12-05-07, 07:05 PM
Oh yeah it will run fantastic..... no DVD drive & 8GB of space, just what you need for a DVD Game needing over 12GB space :D

evox
12-05-07, 07:10 PM
Its an ultraportable, its tiny, try finding a laptop this small for under 1000$... Excluding games, Linux is 20x more useful than Windows, the apps are just as good, if not better, free ,and much more rapidly improved.
http://i15.tinypic.com/6tykveq.jpg

crainger
12-05-07, 07:50 PM
(udawg) I mean :udawg:

bacon12
12-05-07, 07:59 PM
Don't laugh he's right. If the rest of the world ever realizes that and quickly adopted GNU/ Linux then a lot of devs will be scurring to fill in the niches that are left afterwards.

grey_1
12-05-07, 08:22 PM
http://i15.tinypic.com/6tykveq.jpg
That's awesome! :D

CaptNKILL
12-05-07, 08:57 PM
Ok, rather than turn this into a Windows vs. Linux thread, I'm just going to say "Wow 20x more useful? I never knew it was that many X's more useful. I'm switching ASAP."

As far as the PC itself, why would you want a laptop that has an incredibly small screen, very little power, no optical drives and at most 8Gb of storage space?

There are cell phones and PDAs capable of competing with this computer in the same price range if you are looking for an "ultra portable".

Other than the "wow its progressive because it uses Linux and its small" value, there is no reason to get something like this. Unless you're very very small and a 12" or 14" laptop is just too big.

Rakeesh
12-05-07, 08:58 PM
Don't laugh he's right. If the rest of the world ever realizes that and quickly adopted GNU/ Linux then a lot of devs will be scurring to fill in the niches that are left afterwards.

Everytime I read some anti-microsoft article from the inquirer or some other site that tries to look like it has some integrity, I always see an argument, either in the comments or the article itself, to this effect:

"Most people don't choose windows, it just comes with their computer by default."

If we added a reality check to that statement, it would look like this:

"Most people would not buy that computer if it didn't come with windows by default."

Believe me, people are aware of Apple. The company has been around for 30+ years FFS, and held dominance over the classroms in the 80's and 90's. Anybody with any experience at all in the IT industry, even if only very a very small amount, has at least heard of linux. But still, nobody wants these. They all want windows. For better or for worse, windows is the conscious choice that the rest of the world has made.

Some of you act as though the fact that there are alternatives is just some big secret that the man is trying to hide from the "rest of the world." It's not. If something else truly is so much better than the norm, word of mouth would surely change the status quo.