PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Raider: Underworld ?

evox
12-05-07, 05:45 PM
We've got news that Eidos has filed for trademark of the phrase "Tomb Raider Underworld" with the United States Patent and Trademark Office.

The word "Underworld" might hint at possible Lara Croft criminal ties in the upcoming sequel. But it might also refer to some dungeons or underground locations.

Considering the way we found out about this, it is no surprise that we don't have further details right now. We don't expect more news for quite a while (at least not until Eidos releases an official announcement), but we'll keep you informed with any updates we find out.

http://www.megagames.com/news/html/pc/isthisthenewtombraidername.shtml

Interesting:cool:

nekrosoft13
12-05-07, 05:46 PM
or maybe Lara will turn into a vampire

crainger
12-05-07, 05:51 PM
I hope it's like Legend. It was actually pretty good IMHO. I also hope we get a 360 port like Legend. NOT a PS2 port like Anniversary.

walterman
12-05-07, 05:52 PM
I like the name.

I hope that they use the TRL engine this time, with the real time shadow casting enabled.

Madpistol
12-05-07, 08:23 PM
Too bad... I won't buy it if Eidos is producing it (which they are). :thumbdwn:

sharvin
12-05-07, 08:33 PM
I hope it's like Legend. It was actually pretty good IMHO. I also hope we get a 360 port like Legend. NOT a PS2 port like Anniversary.

Oh no!, I'ts finally happening the realization of everything becoming console ports is starting to form, you would think they would go alright PC higher power we make game for PC then water down for consoles with less power not we make crappy game for consoles then just port it to pc.

crainger
12-05-07, 09:13 PM
Well with some games you know it's going to be a port. No doubt. The Legend Port was pretty good. Unfortunately it needed unified shaders to work properly.

Redeemed
12-06-07, 02:34 AM
Too bad... I won't buy it if Eidos is producing it (which they are). :thumbdwn:

Umm... Eidos was behind the very first TR and I believe every one after that. Why should they not be with this one? :wtf:

Loreman
12-06-07, 03:14 AM
I really enjoyed Legend. I thought it was the best tomb raider game I had ever played. Also at the time I had SLI 7900GTX so the next gen graphic mode ran ok too and looked awsome.

Madpistol
12-06-07, 08:59 AM
Umm... Eidos was behind the very first TR and I believe every one after that. Why should they not be with this one? :wtf:

Exactly. I just can't get over that an innocent man lost his job because of their bull****. :thumbdwn:

Redeemed
12-06-07, 11:50 AM
Exactly. I just can't get over that an innocent man lost his job because of their bull****. :thumbdwn:
:wtf:

I have no idea what you're referring to... honestly I stopped following this series after the second TR.

Madpistol
12-06-07, 01:22 PM
:wtf:

I have no idea what you're referring to... honestly I stopped following this series after the second TR.

I'm talking about the whole gamespot fiasco over the Kane and Lynch review.

Does anyone else know what I'm talking about?

crainger
12-06-07, 02:36 PM
I'm talking about the whole gamespot fiasco over the Kane and Lynch review.

Does anyone else know what I'm talking about?

I do. I think everyone does, except for Redeemed. He's special, but we still love him.

Redeemed
12-06-07, 02:42 PM
I do. I think everyone does, except for Redeemed. He's special, but we still love him.
:lol: Shut up, Crainger! :lol:

Okay, so clue me in- what happened?

crainger
12-06-07, 02:47 PM
:lol: Shut up, Crainger! :lol:

Okay, so clue me in- what happened?

The Reviewer Jeff Gerstmann on Gamespot was fired for giving Kane and Lynch a bad review. At the time Eidos had been advertising Kane and Lynch pretty heavily on the Gamespot site.

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=103377

Redeemed
12-06-07, 02:50 PM
The Reviewer Jeff Gerstmann on Gamespot was fired for giving Kane and Lynch a bad review.

Yeah, I'm aware of that. So? To be honest, I was unaware that Eidos was behind Kane and Lynch. Kinda' makes sense now. :o

crainger
12-06-07, 02:52 PM
Yeah, I'm aware of that. So? To be honest, I was unaware that Eidos was behind Kane and Lynch. Kinda' makes sense now. :o

Oh dear...

Go sit in the corner.

NarcissistZero
12-06-07, 02:55 PM
We know so few facts on the Gamespot thing I don't think it's "boycott Eidos" worthy.

crainger
12-06-07, 02:57 PM
We are gamers. PC gamers mostly. It's our nature to over react.

Redeemed
12-06-07, 03:12 PM
We are gamers. PC gamers mostly. It's our nature to over react.

Well, I really have no interest in Kane and Lynch, so don't be surprised that I didn't know Eidos was behind it.

Anyhow...

Madpistol
12-06-07, 05:05 PM
As of right now, it's all speculation. Until someone can figure out exactly why he was fired, I'm going to keep my position.

It pains me not to buy a tomb raider game though. They're just so... :naughty:

Oh yea... love ya Redeemed. :hug: