PDA

View Full Version : Err.. Did I miss something?

Thingding
12-06-07, 04:43 AM
Did I just waltz right past a load of things in this game? The preview vids showed some kind of tazer tag you could use to drop soldiers. Didn't see that anywhere myself.

I also remember seeing one of the huge walker aliens straddling a path as you fought it in the snowy landscape. I was looking forward to it but again no joy.

Loved every second of Crysis (well 'cept for the floaty bit) but I get the impression they cut loads out of it. IMHO they needn't have. Give it back!!

ASUSEN7900GTX
12-06-07, 09:39 AM
they had to itīs a trilogy what would they use if all mosnters and cool stuff was in crysis as they (you) go after prophet so they had to save something for later

Crow_Nest
12-06-07, 09:40 AM
Did I just waltz right past a load of things in this game? The preview vids showed some kind of tazer tag you could use to drop soldiers. Didn't see that anywhere myself.

I also remember seeing one of the huge walker aliens straddling a path as you fought it in the snowy landscape. I was looking forward to it but again no joy.

Loved every second of Crysis (well 'cept for the floaty bit) but I get the impression they cut loads out of it. IMHO they needn't have. Give it back!!

I feel the exact same way. A lot was cut off from the final release. Hopefully they'll bring some of those moments back in the sequels.

XDanger
12-06-07, 03:00 PM
I want the tazer rounds in the first patch.

crainger
12-06-07, 03:08 PM

What's the magic word?

Redeemed
12-06-07, 03:10 PM
What's the magic word?
Client? :wtf:

agentkay
12-06-07, 04:59 PM

There are tazer rounds. You need to attach the tactical mod to the rifle and then you can with "X" through semi-auto, full auto and tazer round.

J-Mag
12-06-07, 05:06 PM
There are tazer rounds. You need to attach the tactical mod to the rifle and then you can with "X" through semi-auto, full auto and tazer round.

I haven't played all the way through, but I thought that attachment just fired sleep darts... Do you get extra ammo types?

agentkay
12-06-07, 05:14 PM
I haven't played all the way through, but I thought that attachment just fired sleep darts... Do you get extra ammo types?

Yes I believe they are sleep darts but in the end is there a difference? I mean both are meant to temporarily knock out the Koreans. :)

The only other ammo type are incendiary bullets for the AK.

LORD-eX-Bu
12-06-07, 06:14 PM
I think they just rushed it and had to cut a bunch of stuff out.

Thingding
12-07-07, 03:19 AM
I was expecting the snow bit to go on for hours. Thought we'd retrace our steps sneaking past aliens instead of koreans.

Hope there's some good SP maps for it soon. Crysis: The Second Half :o

crainger
12-07-07, 05:51 AM
Client? :wtf:

Come over here Stalker. Lets have a chat.

WeReWoLf
12-07-07, 07:14 AM
I said come in! Don't just stand there...

J-Mag
12-07-07, 12:42 PM
Yes I believe they are sleep darts but in the end is there a difference? I mean both are meant to temporarily knock out the Koreans. :)

Well I was under the impression from some previews that there was a dart you could shoot into enemies without them knowing they were hit . Then later you activate it to take down multiple enemies all at once. With the sleep darts you can only do one at a time.

LORD-eX-Bu
12-07-07, 01:59 PM
yeah thats one of the things that got cut,

as well as the real 2nd half of the game that got made into a sequel :lol:

UberRN69
12-08-07, 02:25 PM
Spoiler!!!!

Ya... I just finished the game and I didn't even realize it. I hadn't read any posts about the ending other than it was not what it should have been. But anyway, after you blow up that big ship thingy and get in the VSTOL aircraft and head to the Island, I'm thinking this is going to be fun to see what's next, and then all of a sudden.... CREDITS?!?!?!?! WTF?:wtf:

It's kind of like when I sat through 2 1/2 hours of Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest and it ended without resolving anything.

LORD-eX-Bu
12-08-07, 03:26 PM
yep, ending blew, in fact the whole 2nd half of the game wasn't that great :lol:

Redeemed
12-08-07, 03:51 PM
Spoiler!!!!

Ya... I just finished the game and I didn't even realize it. I hadn't read any posts about the ending other than it was not what it should have been. But anyway, after you blow up that big ship thingy and get in the VSTOL aircraft and head to the Island, I'm thinking this is going to be fun to see what's next, and then all of a sudden.... CREDITS?!?!?!?! WTF?:wtf:

It's kind of like when I sat through 2 1/2 hours of Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest and it ended without resolving anything.

Haven't played the game but I still read your "spoiler". This has me more stoked than ever for this game. I love "cliffhanger" endings. :D I'm not going to buy it as I want to wait and see if I get this as an X-mas gift. If not, I'll buy it right after Christmas. :D

SH64
12-08-07, 04:50 PM
SPOILER
Cliffhanger ending because of Crysis 2.

Redeemed
12-09-07, 12:24 AM
SPOILER
Cliffhanger ending because of Crysis 2.

:lol:

Yeah- I haven't played the game but I just can't understand why a cliffhanger ending has people's panties in a wad. Seriously, lighten up. The game is set to be a trilogy- they *want* you to be anticipating the next installation.

Heck, just hearing about it has gotten me more hyped to play this game. :D

LORD-eX-Bu
12-09-07, 12:28 AM
it isn't that its a cliffhanger, its that basically we got half a game :lol: