PDA

View Full Version : Console wins one rounds against PC in......

asd
12-06-07, 12:32 PM
PC leak of good RPG games nowadays, all of those stupid Dev go for MMO for their own good, after TQ:IT, we see nothing good comes out, HG:L is a failure, but look at the console, not only the FF series, but they got more RPG games, I hope there will be more RPG games for PC, not some kind of stupid "cash cow" MMO. (lee63)

Logical
12-06-07, 12:36 PM
Hmmmm

The Witcher......

JohnDio
12-06-07, 12:39 PM
So name me a few RPGs for PS3 (oh wait, there aren't even enough games for this console and in the future FF will someday be released). Now name me some RPGs for Wii (oh wait again, the only good one is Zelda). Lastly name me some exclusive of the X360 (oh wait, at least they got Mass Effect but did they get The Witcher?). So no, the PC platform is still healthy and personally i enjoyed Hellgate: London. There are a lot of adventures/strategies/RPGs available in the PC platform so search harder for them. Furthermore, consoles can't even compete with the great list of general RPGs that can be found in the PC (Planescape Torment anyone? Or how about a somehow new one (not classic) like Neverwinter Nights 2?). Sadly for you, consoles are trying to catch up but won't because when they get an amount of good RPGs, the next gen console of them will arrive so you'll have to say bye bye to your old ones (and the compatibility is a joke for both the PS3 and the X360. Hell, even Sony stated that the compatibility is not so vital to them right now).

So enjoy what is currently available whether it is a console RPG or a PC but don't try misleading the people. Saying that consoles win in the RPG genre is like saying that PCs win in the Sports genre. Simply lol @ that

Moo
12-06-07, 12:42 PM
Just get all of them, so you can enjoy whatever's exclusive on each platform. :headexplode:

Severian126
12-06-07, 12:45 PM
Just get all of them, so you can enjoy whatever's exclusive on each platform. :headexplode:

QFT. PC RPGs that I enjoy lately, though some may be a year old are = NWN + XPac, Witcher

Consoles have some that I couldn't get in PC: Mass Effect, even old FF games, PSP's Tactics, etc.

If you can, get the consoles that have the ones you want to play with your PC. Each offers some great games if you're an RPG lover. :)

asd
12-06-07, 01:57 PM
The game I'm talking about, all of them are the Japanese titles, maybe you will say it is not fair because they are not US/Uk/Europe developer, but the truth is that the adventage of the console like Ps2/PS3/PSP and Wii is that they got lots of nice Japanese RPG developer behind them, for example, the Tales series, TOA, TOD, TOW, Dungeon Explore, Dragon Quest, Hack//., and blah blah blah, no one can disagree with me in this point.

And don't try to judge me based on my topic, I'm a PC gamer, love most of the games on PC, but I'm a fanatic of RTS/RPG/FPS/Racing games, talk about RTS, we got CoH, AoE, SC, WiC, EE1, WC3, C&C and etc, FPS games we got Crysis, UT3, Quake, Doom, Timeshift, Bioshock, Farcry, CS, Battlefield and ETC, Racing games we got NFS, GTR, WTCC, Flatout, CMR:dirt, TOCA race driver and ETC, but look at the RPG we got, is there many of them? No, In 2006, we got TES4, Gothic3, NWN2, and TQ, but Gothic3 is a failure, ok, in 2007, we got TQ:IT, NWN2 Exp, The Witcher, Two Worlds, and HG:L, but HG:L is a failure, maybe some of the players will find it enjoyable, but for me and some other players, it is a joke.

Now I guess you guys have get my point, PC really lacking RPG games to play with, It does have some great title, but not enough, I'm not going to buy a console because of those RPG games, but the truth is they win one round atm, I hope there will be more great RPG title for PC, for me, I don't need any MMORPG, I just want more nice RPG games like TQ and NWN.

crainger
12-06-07, 02:33 PM
I can disagree.

I can't stand Japanese RPGs. So for me. PC wins because of The Witcher. Plain and simple.

There you go. Non one can disagree with me starting right now!

JohnDio
12-06-07, 02:57 PM
And don't try to judge me based on my topic, I'm a PC gamer, love most of the games on PC, but I'm a fanatic of RTS/RPG/FPS/Racing games, talk about RTS, we got CoH, AoE, SC, WiC, EE1, WC3, C&C and etc, FPS games we got Crysis, UT3, Quake, Doom, Timeshift, Bioshock, Farcry, CS, Battlefield and ETC, Racing games we got NFS, GTR, WTCC, Flatout, CMR:dirt, TOCA race driver and ETC, but look at the RPG we got, is there many of them? No, In 2006, we got TES4, Gothic3, NWN2, and TQ, but Gothic3 is a failure, ok, in 2007, we got TQ:IT, NWN2 Exp, The Witcher, Two Worlds, and HG:L, but HG:L is a failure, maybe some of the players will find it enjoyable, but for me and some other players, it is a joke.

So you should say that consoles have more Japanese RPGs which is defacto, it didn't happen today, it is a fact. Generally speaking, PCs have more RPGs than consoles.

To tell you the truth though, the amount of Japanese RPGs is going downhill and i'm amazed that you haven't even noticed it. Snes had AMAZING Japanese RPGs (damn, even the Super Mario RPG was great), then PSX had less AAA japanese RPG titles and the amount of them decreased even more in this current generation. Even Mass Effect which is among the best RPGs of X360 is not a Japanese RPG and Blue Dragon was average.

Lastly, try thinking about the other people. You didn't like Hellgate:London and stating that it's a pile of sh!t. Well some people (not me. I love FF series and Chrono Cross and Breath Of Fire (the old ones) and Secret Of Mana and etc...) don't like the Japanese RPGs but they aren't saying that they are a pile of sh!t.

Oh and FYI, by using emulators you can have in a platform all the classics japanese RPGs, running full speed. And we all know which platform is recommended for general emulation (for both the arcades and the consoles) ;)

crainger
12-06-07, 03:01 PM
Don't forget the greatest RPG of all time due out December 20th! (http://www.wolfquest.org)

PC ****ing pwns console.

LORD-eX-Bu
12-06-07, 03:23 PM
PC RPGs have always been better than their console counterparts, alot more depth and detail overall :)

There are plenty of PC rpgs to play, one example is The Witcher. Really awesome game, I would suggest anyone to pick it up and play it if you haven't already :D

nekrosoft13
12-06-07, 03:27 PM
i hate console RPG, controls are bad, a lot of them have weird fighting system (FF)

oh btw, Mass Effect will be out on PC, and since The Witcher is a lot better then Mass Effect. I can wait.

Madpistol
12-06-07, 05:10 PM
Don't forget the greatest RPG of all time due out December 20th! (http://www.wolfquest.org)

oooooooooooooo.... that peaked my interest. I'll be trying this one out. :D

8800reject#2
12-06-07, 06:20 PM
Been reading these threads for 10+ years now and the sad thing is my grandkids will propably be reading them too. (Albeit through a direct feed to their neural pathway) (nana2)

sammy sung
12-06-07, 06:29 PM
PC ****ing pwns console.

Welcome back ROB :p

Loreman
12-06-07, 06:41 PM
Look at what happens when a very, very deep, strategic, thoughtful PC fantasy RPG like the original Baldurs Gate series (esp. BG II) comes to the console.

It becomes a dumbed down, top down arcade hack/shooter like playing another Gauntlet variant.

I see Neverwinter Nights 2 plus expansion is soon coming to console, not!

Don't insult me with this nonsense.

CaptNKILL
12-06-07, 06:48 PM
PC leak of good RPG games nowadays, all of those stupid Dev go for MMO for their own good, after TQ:IT, we see nothing good comes out, HG:L is a failure, but look at the console, not only the FF series, but they got more RPG games, I hope there will be more RPG games for PC, not some kind of stupid "cash cow" MMO. (lee63)

You just used 10 acronyms and 8 commas in one sentence.

Sorry, I'm bored.

nekrosoft13
12-06-07, 06:54 PM
Look at what happens when a very, very deep, strategic, thoughtful PC fantasy RPG like the original Baldurs Gate series (esp. BG II) comes to the console.

It becomes a dumbed down, top down arcade hack/shooter like playing another Gauntlet variant.

I see Neverwinter Nights 2 plus expansion is soon coming to console, not!

Don't insult me with this nonsense.

you are right Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance was horrible

Noriega
12-06-07, 07:08 PM

Yeah keep playin wack console RPG's I prefer to play with thousands of people in some MMORPG. MMORPG are takinover thats why theres not to many RPG for PC this year but still theres more good RPGs on PC than any other platform.

LORD-eX-Bu
12-06-07, 07:29 PM
RPG > MMOs :lol:

spirited1
12-06-07, 07:37 PM
crash is better than zzap 64 HORAY HORAY

crainger
12-07-07, 12:10 AM
Welcome back ROB :p

Hahaha.

Call me GeeeNinetyTwo. :p

sharvin