PDA

View Full Version : GTA 4 - New Trailer Impressions

Peoples-Agent
12-07-07, 03:56 AM
Game is looking to be pretty decent.

It looks like all of the cutscenes are going to be kept using the engine, but I have a nasty feeling this game might be short lived and not have much play time.

8-10 hrs max maybe?

HD Trailer

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/28633.html

SD Trailer

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/28634.html

Tygerwoody
12-07-07, 07:05 AM
This actually looks pretty fun. And I don't even like the GTA series.

Mr. Hunt
12-07-07, 07:42 AM
Game is looking to be pretty decent.

It looks like all of the cutscenes are going to be kept using the engine, but I have a nasty feeling this game might be short lived and not have much play time.

8-10 hrs max maybe?

HD Trailer

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/28633.html

SD Trailer

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/28634.html

8-10 hours through the main story is fine with me... it was the side missions and all of that stuff that made GTA games last a long time for me... and of course the hookers.

ViN86
12-07-07, 08:29 AM
i love the GTA series, so i cant wait.

Bman212121
12-07-07, 08:37 AM
8-10 hours through the main story is fine with me... it was the side missions and all of that stuff that made GTA games last a long time for me... and of course the hookers.

Exactly. Not to mention I don't know anyone who's going to be able to beat some of the missions first time. Played straight thru it would probably take a full day to complete the missions alone, maybe a little less if you are really good. Then to get 100% it is going to take another day or two of playing at least.

npras42
12-07-07, 08:41 AM
I've just moaned about the graphics in the Street Fighter thread, and now I'm going to moan about the graphics here as well. It looks distinctly unpolished. The lighting and water effects look great (like all modern games atm) but the poly count and textures for your character, NPCs and the overall environment look poor.

:(

sytaylor
12-07-07, 09:16 AM
GTA series have always been a reflection of solid graphics for a given generation. Its the story they tell with those graphics that really sets the series apart.

NarcissistZero
12-07-07, 10:18 AM
Anyone complaining about a GTA game's length is... naive? Something like that. I have no doubts there will be an absurd amount of things to do just like the last few.

I actually liked the older trailer better as a trailer, but this one shows more gameplay. Game looks as awesome as ever.

Bman212121
12-07-07, 10:30 AM
I just wish it would come out already. They had a release date, then pushed it back until next year.

NarcissistZero
12-07-07, 10:48 AM
Delay it until it is as awesome as it should be, in my opinion. People harping on games for delays that can only benefit them is silly.

six_storm
12-07-07, 11:16 AM
Most of that trailer is what the cutscenes are going to be like in the game. I just hope they can polish and polish until those cutscenes are smooth and not choppy. This is the first trailer with some real gameplay though (notice the difference in framerates, smoothness in different scenes), looks pretty good!

Mr_LoL
12-07-07, 11:29 AM
The framerate looks a bit choppy in that trailer. Its probably just watching it on the ps3.

Bman212121
12-10-07, 10:05 AM
Delay it until it is as awesome as it should be, in my opinion. People harping on games for delays that can only benefit them is silly.

Yea, I'm all for delaying it to fix their bugs, but it comes to a point where you don't even care for the game anymore once it finally comes out because it took too long.

S.I.N
12-10-07, 10:13 AM
I cant wait. I just hope its scope is the same as GT:SA. I spent so much time with that game on the PC.

EciDemon
12-11-07, 07:57 AM
I've just moaned about the graphics in the Street Fighter thread, and now I'm going to moan about the graphics here as well. It looks distinctly unpolished. The lighting and water effects look great (like all modern games atm) but the poly count and textures for your character, NPCs and the overall environment look poor.

:(

100% agree, when I saw the first trailer it looked like this game could be fun, but I sayd to my friend that they need to polish the game somewhat, in this trailer the main character still look just as ugly and odd. So what we see here is prolly what we get. Then again, GTA series never did look that great to begin with

Severian126
12-11-07, 11:47 AM
Yea, I'm all for delaying it to fix their bugs, but it comes to a point where you don't even care for the game anymore once it finally comes out because it took too long.

As if there weren't enough games to go around this year? I think it's a great idea to have it come out 2008. There's just way too many titles in the 2nd half of this year. Unless you go through each in a day.

Mr_LoL
12-12-07, 01:59 AM
I snapped the San Andreas ps2 disc out of frustration at the level where you have to kill big smoke then rescue your brother :o Si I still haven't completed the game yet.

crainger
12-12-07, 02:00 AM
I snapped the San Andreas ps2 disc out of frustration at the level where you have to kill big smoke then rescue your brother :o Si I still haven't completed the game yet.

and you wont because you broke the disc! :(

Cream
12-12-07, 05:45 PM
Some more videos here.

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_5645_en.html

It's got to be said it does look good, Couple of graphical glitches on number plates etc, but nothing major. Although it does seem to lack a sense of speed. Maybe that's just because I'm not playing it.

Mr_LoL
12-12-07, 09:34 PM
and you wont because you broke the disc! :(
I'll buy another one eventually when I get round to it.