PDA

View Full Version : So much life.

ClosetFanBoy
12-09-07, 06:16 PM
I'm playing for 2nd time.

So far I've noticed - Turtles, Sharks,(only bummer about the shark is you dont get to examine it very well, sucker kills you with a quickness) Fish, Butterflies, Seagulls, Frogs, Chickens, Quails. I seen a sign with a Cow or a Steer on it but never actually seen one. Was there a dead one in this game or was that something else?

I'm finding this "life" one of the coolest aspects of the game. I'm totally playing in this stealth kinda mode trying to find all I can. When I first seen the frog I was like "ok did I just see a frog?" And that made me slow down and start to examine everything. I think more dev's need to start adding this kind of stuff to games, whether it be a game based on the past, present, or future, it's a real addition to the atmosphere.

So,did I find them all or is there more? ;)

LORD-eX-Bu
12-09-07, 06:18 PM
you didn't find the elk?

ClosetFanBoy
12-09-07, 06:29 PM
lol. no. Why do I get the feeling your pulling my leg??? :o

breathemetal
12-09-07, 06:31 PM
there's a dinosaur too
it was a lazer beam for a ****

SH64
12-09-07, 06:31 PM
Yep the life aspect was one of of the few amazing features that Crytek managed to keep their mouth shut about it until the release of the beta MP demo.

anyone recall other games with life aspects in them ? Oblivion had mudcrabs & deers but thats about it.

LORD-eX-Bu
12-09-07, 06:35 PM
hitman had birds that you could shoot out of the sky :lol:

ClosetFanBoy
12-09-07, 07:44 PM
there's a dinosaur too
it was a lazer beam for a ****

NO WAY! :p

I've plucked a few of the gulls out of the sky. I need to figure out a way to kill a shark. Hmmm gunboat maybe.....

LORD-eX-Bu
12-09-07, 07:47 PM
you need to find the elk, the gauss rifle is probably the best weapon to use against it.

WeReWoLf
12-09-07, 07:51 PM
****ing Elk...

bacon12
12-09-07, 07:54 PM
Where is the shark?

LORD-eX-Bu
12-09-07, 07:55 PM
next to the elk :headexplode:

SlieTheSecond
12-09-07, 08:20 PM
Far cry has frogs too.

ClosetFanBoy
12-09-07, 08:47 PM
Where is the shark?

You gotta swim out quite a ways. I dunno if it's every map or what, but every time I swim out far enough, I see one. First time I turned around just in time to see JAWS eat my face. Scared the crap out of me. :D

Section-9
12-09-07, 10:06 PM
anyone recall other games with life aspects in them ? Oblivion had mudcrabs & deers but thats about it.

Don't forget the sheep!
http://www.fatalityincorporated.com/modules/My_Uploads/user_folders/FI_Okularis/sheep.gif (nana2)

SH64
12-09-07, 10:12 PM
Don't forget the sheep!
http://www.fatalityincorporated.com/modules/My_Uploads/user_folders/FI_Okularis/sheep.gif (nana2)
Haha yeah the sheeps were funny :D

bacon12
12-09-07, 10:31 PM
You gotta swim out quite a ways. I dunno if it's every map or what, but every time I swim out far enough, I see one. First time I turned around just in time to see JAWS eat my face. Scared the crap out of me. :D

Thanks I wanna try punching it in strength mode.

ClosetFanBoy
12-10-07, 03:17 AM
Thanks I wanna try punching it in strength mode.

np, and good luck on that. Post a screen if you actually punch it to death. ;)

Redeemed
12-10-07, 03:21 AM
np, and good luck on that. Post a screen if you actually punch it to death. ;)
Pssh! Bigman's already done that...

Capt. Picard
12-10-07, 04:10 AM
Aren't there any animals in the demo. I only have the demo ... yet.

sharvin
12-10-07, 04:28 AM
Aren't there any animals in the demo. I only have the demo ... yet.

yer theres crabs, turtles, birds, frogs, fish and those wierd annoying birds you see at parks or in the city.

Capt. Picard
12-10-07, 05:01 AM
yer theres crabs, turtles, birds, frogs, fish and those wierd annoying birds you see at parks or in the city.

Ahh ... then I probably can't see it because my graphic level is set too low. :(

I only have a 6600GT but it runs the game at 25FPS outside.

But it looks just like any other FPShooter set at that level.

ClosetFanBoy
12-10-07, 01:16 PM
You know I started to think about Oblivion type games when I posted this, too bad I cant get into those, having other signs of life is prolly the norm in those games. Being a shooter junkie, this was a welcomed sight. Hope more shooters start to follow and add these details.

Man, I still cant find that freaking Elk...;)

ASUSEN7900GTX
12-10-07, 02:14 PM
hang on now Oblivion had unicorns and horses and birds and reptiels and those killer fishes so Oblivion had some wild life to it.
i actually saw a turtle and a frog interact in Crysis no not sexually so all you know but like the turtle sheltered the frog somehow cool features these animals and all i killed a few chickens though.....