PDA

View Full Version : Logitech is awesome!

Pages : [1] 2

ryan29121
12-10-07, 12:56 PM
About a week ago my logitech g5 mouse started to make an odd noise sometimes whenever I left click. It wasnt really a big problem to me, but i decided to call up the company to see what they thought. After about 10 minutes on the phone they said that they were sending me a replacement mouse. The mouse they said they were sending was the version 2 of the g5 with the extra button :D. The best part of the whole deal is that I get to keep my old one. I just wanted to share this because I was kinda excited for my free mouse. Logitech is simply awesome! Many of you probably already know this.

crainger
12-10-07, 07:23 PM
Yay!

stncttr908
12-10-07, 08:17 PM
My friend has the Revolution notebook edition and his started acting funky. They replaced it and he got to keep his old one too.

crainger
12-10-07, 08:40 PM
I just take my stuff back to EB and they swap it no questions due to some partnership with Logitech.

LORD-eX-Bu
12-10-07, 09:33 PM
hmmm... wonder if I can get my G7 replaced with a G5 then since the left button is starting to act up.

Slammin
12-11-07, 07:33 PM
My original green G7 started double-clicking with the left button and Logitech sent me the updated blue G7. I also bought the MX Rev, which finally convinced me to drop wireless mice altogether and I wound up getting the G5; the one with both thumb buttons, and that is one great mouse!

Just today, I picked up the G9. The MX Rev is an awesome mouse less the wireless issues that I, and some others experience with them, but it is by no means a gaming mouse. The scrollwheel is so good though that my first impression was that if they could add the free spin wheel to a gaming mouse, I'd jump on it in a second!

Sure enough, they did! An I did :D

Great mouse! The feel takes a little getting used to because you can tell it may be geared for more light-handed action, but now I'm starting to understand the concept of fingertip control. I think I will like it, but time will tell. Definitely a different feel from the excellent G5 as far as ergonomics, but I don't anticipate any kind of cramping, or any sense of this mouse being uncomfortable, but it is a new mouse feel for me. It does remind me of a hyped up MX Rev as far as feel, though much lighter.

The teflon feet are softer than the G5. I don't think they are as tough as the G5 either. I was using the 'rough' side of my FUNC pad with the G5 but it seemed like it was chewing up the G9. Maybe just break-in? Nevertheless, I turned the pad over to the smooth side and the G9 glides as well as the G5 now.

I've always had mice that I could palm and get some sweat action going, but that aint gonna happen with this mouse. Weird that I'm adjusting to it so fast though. I may even switch to the smaller housing, but I kinda doubt it. I love the rubberized feel of the standard shell.

If I had any gripe at all, it would be that the scrool wheel is not as heavy as the MX Rev, but not sure why I would even gripe over that since it spins just as well, and long. Still, the heavier wheen on the MX feels better.

Great mouse, and a keeper!

And yes, Logitech support is why I do not mind buying their products.

LORD-eX-Bu
12-11-07, 07:35 PM
what info do I need to have on hand when I call Logitech so I can get a replacement for my G7?

crainger
12-11-07, 07:55 PM
The following

"Dear Logitech,

My mouse is ****ed.

Love
LORD-eX-Bu"

LORD-eX-Bu
12-11-07, 07:57 PM
:rofl

jolle
12-11-07, 08:21 PM
I mailed them asking where to get new feet for my old MX700 a few years ago.
They sent me a couple for free, not much but I thought it was pretty nice.

crainger
12-11-07, 08:24 PM
I mailed them asking where to get new feet for my old MX700 a few years ago.
They sent me a couple for free, not much but I thought it was pretty nice.

Ima ask them where I can get a Jessica Alba.

*Waiting patiently by the mail box*

Niot
12-11-07, 08:34 PM
About a week ago my logitech g5 mouse started to make an odd noise sometimes whenever I left click. It wasnt really a big problem to me, but i decided to call up the company to see what they thought. After about 10 minutes on the phone they said that they were sending me a replacement mouse. The mouse they said they were sending was the version 2 of the g5 with the extra button :D. The best part of the whole deal is that I get to keep my old one. I just wanted to share this because I was kinda excited for my free mouse. Logitech is simply awesome! Many of you probably already know this.
Creative labs is the exact opposite. You have to pay for warranty, plus shipping. A guy got his speakers fixed within the warranty period, and he was charged 12 dollars for handling.

So typical of Singaporeans.

Edit: And obviously Logitech is typical of the Swiss.

jolle
12-11-07, 09:08 PM
Ima ask them where I can get a Jessica Alba.

*Waiting patiently by the mail box*
I like the way you think, though itīd look suspicous if 2 people ask for a Alba..
Ill just as for Biel or something.

CaptNKILL
12-11-07, 09:32 PM
Logitech support is excellent.

My Z5500 set started blowing fuses one day and all I had to do was send them the control pod and they sent me an entire new system.

I basically have 2 full systems, minus one control pod. If I ever have any speaker problems I have another whole set to try. :)

Slammin
12-11-07, 09:33 PM
I see absolutely no issue at all with asking for Jessica Alba at the same time, as long as I can get quicker shipping.

Logitech listens to their customers!

G9 proves it!

Eliminator
12-12-07, 11:21 AM
logitech is amazing.... my mx700 would keep giving low battery warnings and wouldnt charge properly... this was 3 years after i bought it (5 year warranty)... after showing proof of purchase... they sent me an MX revolution free of charge... that one had some disconnection issues and they sent me another mx revolution... that one also had disconnection issues and i asked for a G7.... they sent me a G7 and ive been using that ever since april without any issues...

CaptNKILL
12-12-07, 11:27 AM
logitech is amazing.... my mx700 would keep giving low battery warnings and wouldnt charge properly... this was 3 years after i bought it (5 year warranty)... after showing proof of purchase... they sent me an MX revolution free of charge... that one had some disconnection issues and they sent me another mx revolution... that one also had disconnection issues and i asked for a G7.... they sent me a G7 and ive been using that ever since april without any issues...
Holy crap.

Did they let you keep all of those? :lol:

Niot
12-12-07, 11:33 AM
Hey it's a Swiss company, did you expect anything else? :p
I wouldn't say for certain for any Swiss company, but generally they have a very high level of trust between them and their customers.

Eliminator
12-12-07, 12:19 PM
Holy crap.

Did they let you keep all of those? :lol:
yup my mx700 and 2x mx revolutions are just catching dust now... the mx rev is pretty much useless for gaming since it keeps disconnecting for a few seconds at random times

Libertysyclone
12-15-07, 09:46 AM
To date logitech products I have had to RMA:

Harmony 880: sent a new one no questions asked,nor return of old one.

G25 (yes the $250 steering wheel): forcefeed back stopped working sent new one no questions asked nor did I have to return the old one.

G7: battery life questionable, talked with a logitech rep at a trade show, new G7 was on my doorstep before i got home. (I was in ATL for another DAY!)

by far the best customer service ever!

It sounds kind of bad that I have had to RMA three things from them but here is the list of logi products tha I have had over the last 4 years:

4- wireless xbox controllers
2-wireless xbox headsets
2 harmony remotes
1-z-5500
2- G15s
3- G7
1-G5
1-Dinovo keyboard/mouse
at least 4 of the $30 wireless desktops.
1-MX900

LORD-eX-Bu
12-15-07, 11:19 AM
well I contacted Logitech about my G7 issues and they are sending me a G9 :D

Revs
12-15-07, 12:22 PM
It's good to here about a company that actually gives a crap about the end users and has good support. Many companys could learn alot from them. The best bit is their products are damn good too. I bet they get a load of repeat business. Good on em! :)

LORD-eX-Bu
12-15-07, 12:24 PM
Logitech has always been great, I used to review for them a couple of years back, the quality of their products and their customer service has never faltered :D

maximillion
12-15-07, 12:37 PM
It sucks that not many companies are as good as Logitech.

I had a bad z-5500 revision, and they just had me send them the control pod, and they sent a brand new system. I kind of feel bad that i have two sets of speakers and 2 subwoofers and 2 remotes.

I got a ****ed-up LG L2000C revision, it was $589.99 when I bought it, and I'm stuck with it, and I don't even use it. More companies are like LG than Logitech, unfortunately.

agentkay
12-15-07, 12:47 PM
The silver paint wears off my not even half year old G15. Maybe I should call them and see what they can do about it?