PDA

View Full Version : Vista and x-fi

Vanzagar
12-10-07, 11:48 PM
Did a search and got lots of close threads but couldn't find an answer, I know I've seen this topic before so sorry about the duplicate but... How is Vista working with x-fi now? Are there good and updated drivers? ... there's a sale at Newegg, so I want to buy this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829102006

Will plug it in with a Vista 64 machine, any problems/issues I should be aware of?

Thanks,

rh

Amuro
12-11-07, 12:18 AM
I have the Fatal1ty edition, and it's working fine under Vista x64.

EciDemon
12-11-07, 03:31 AM
When I tried Vista 64 some time ago I expected some problems, based on posts and info I got while searching the net and checking Creatives forums. But it worked just fine, no problems at all :)
This is a few months ago tho, so I dont know if any new drivers are out or not, at the time I downloaded everything I could find, including a complete new driver cd repacked by some users.

LordJuanlo
12-11-07, 04:22 AM
Latest X-Fi driver rocks, it works flawlessly for me

zeejay
12-11-07, 03:51 PM
Latest X-Fi driver rocks, it works flawlessly for me

Same here, Vista Ult x64 + Xtremegamer Fatality and 4gb ram with no issues.

Slammin
12-11-07, 07:15 PM
Not for me. I get snap/crackle/pop, even with latest drivers. It seems most mobo's have a bios update to fix this, but so far, none in sight for my mobo.

jolle
12-11-07, 07:53 PM
All fine and dandy here, ExtremeMusic edition.
Arent those ExtremeGamer nerfed versions tho? or is that only ExtremeAudio?
EDIT
Also on Vista64

crainger
12-11-07, 07:56 PM
Only the ExtremeAudio is nerfed. :)

I'm running Vista64 fine with my X-fi. Only issue was the bad driver which was pulled, but later re-released working.

Amuro
12-11-07, 08:01 PM
Not for me. I get snap/crackle/pop, even with latest drivers. It seems most mobo's have a bios update to fix this, but so far, none in sight for my mobo.
I had that issue with my old X-fi card bought in 2005. The new revision fixed the snap/pop problem.

Slammin
12-11-07, 09:39 PM
I had that issue with my old X-fi card bought in 2005. The new revision fixed the snap/pop problem.

Now that is very interesting. I'm running onboard RealTek sound right now.

Going to do some more research to see if RMA of my XFi is in order.

Running in non-SLi mode does fix it but I'd rather run Realtek/Sli vs Creative stuff without Sli.

Thanks for the heads up.

Dragunov
12-12-07, 02:51 PM
No problems yet, I guess my hard crashes are due a bug in Vista, don't know