PDA

View Full Version : COD4 online -or- UT3 online

mythy
12-11-07, 02:20 AM
I can only afford to buy 1. I prefer to camp and use stealth so which one is best for me? Also what is COD4 online like do you capture flags and stuff or is it death match or what?

humm gamestop doesn't carry it in stores?!?! wtf where can I grab this game at? walmart? staples? Ideas? looking at COD4

poullos
12-11-07, 02:28 AM
I don't know UT 3 although most comments lean towards the classic UT gameplay at most.

COD 4 can be capture points, deathmatch, hardcore(one-hit-kill), bomb plant/defend or both, and some more I can't remember.

I liked COD 4 and is definitely a good game but...I like TF 2 more. :D

Muppet
12-11-07, 02:31 AM
Can't speak for online, but I did spend 9 hours on Sunday at a Lan playing COD4. I would seriously rate it as one of the best experiences I have had. Love it and cannot recommend it highly enough.

mythy
12-11-07, 02:31 AM
I'm really looking for a BF2 replacement :o

Muppet
12-11-07, 02:33 AM
I'm really looking for a BF2 replacement :o
COD4 is better in multiplayer than BF2. Some will disagree, but that is my thoughts.

mythy
12-11-07, 02:36 AM
well I gave up on Crysis multi player it kinda sucks with its performance and I'm one of the few that think it looks like crap :o

Muppet
12-11-07, 02:40 AM
well I gave up on Crysis multi player it kinda sucks with its performance and I'm one of the few that think it looks like crap :o
I haven't really played Crysis Multi yet. The performance still isn't to crash hot. Not in DX10 anyway.

t3hl33td4rg0n
12-11-07, 04:26 AM
I own both and have played both online alot, including crysis.

Crysis MP: average, but I haven't played it much though.

CoD 4: It can be quite fun and the class feature is kuul.

UT3: The best way to sum it up - I can't get enough of it!

UT3 is very fast paced and intense in any game mode and is nothing less than gorgeous, runs very smooth on my system with highest details (no AA/16xAF 1152x864). CoD 4 is a little more involved, it has its ups and downs, has more strategy involved than UT, but still very much fun.

nekrosoft13
12-11-07, 06:13 AM
since you said that you preffer camp and use stealth, then COD4 should be better.

you can't really camp in UT3. UT3 is fast paced game.

six_storm
12-11-07, 07:31 AM
CoD4 FTW!

Burner_Tbird2
12-11-07, 10:38 AM
CoD4 has fallen in as my BF2 replacement. In Hardcore servers the intelligent player will win consistently. The class system gives you something to shoot for especially if you plan to play with friends.

CoD4 just has a certain something that doesn't make me curse at the screen when I get killed. Its hard to put a finger on it but the random deaths seem much less random than they were in BF.

CoD4 FTW :thumbsup:

mythy
12-11-07, 10:47 AM
could some one take some maxed out screenies for me of online game play? I'm interested in the map layout ect

delas52
12-11-07, 11:19 AM
Most people have covered why CoD4 would suit you better and it a great mp game (ranks, unlockables, etc.), but another factor which I consider huge is the number of people playing these games. CoD4 completely kills UT3 here. Bigger online community=better/longer future for the game. Last time I check there were 40,000 people online in CoD4 while only 1,000 in UT3.

jeffmd
12-11-07, 06:00 PM
1. I prefer to camp and use stealth

so in other words, you have no skill and just want to get the drop on people. Neither game uses invisibility so what you want is crysis.

What most people will want, well cod4 is a blast online and I love its upgrade system, but Unreal is unreal. Just like 2004, it will see new maps, new mods, new mutators, and new models for years to come.

delas52
12-11-07, 06:16 PM
so in other words, you have no skill and just want to get the drop on people. Neither game uses invisibility so what you want is crysis.

Or just use tactics and play smart. Hardcore servers on CoD4 are great for this. People play more realistically and don't just run out guns blazing, because a shot or two and your dead (no radar/ammo/hud/anything on screen unless you have a uav online).

People that complain about camping are the same that always get that "lag" that no one else gets and are only killed because the other guy got lucky. I know your type jeff :cool:

jeffmd
12-11-07, 06:46 PM
Delas, well I am allways one who likes to defend, so running out guns blazing isn't my tactic either (I allways maintain one of the lowest deaths on a server, sure wish this actually factored into scores :( ), but frankly sitting in one place invisable (stealthed) is just...lame.

Riplayne
12-11-07, 10:39 PM
COD ftw

Saintster
12-11-07, 11:13 PM
COD FTW I just got into playing different modes of COD4 like domination and joijned a clan that plays all modes i don't think I'll be playing anything else for sometime.