PDA

View Full Version : OCZ memry cooler modding?

H3avyM3tal
12-11-07, 05:43 AM
I wanna fit one of those in my system, but my memory is too high for it to fit (Corsair...). Would you say that its possible to use glue to mod it, such as fitting a kind of other part to make it higher?

Ofcourse, glue is only possible if its plastic. If its not, well, it will be easier I reckon. But my question is is there a chance that the glue will melt? I use air cooling all over my rig, but I dont know whats the chance of heat melting the glue (that I would supposedly use).

Sorry if this was confusing... :S

Madpistol
12-11-07, 08:53 AM
This may just be me, but I would NEVER recommend using glue for anything computer related. Usually glue and computers don't mix. You'll need to look for another method.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong here.

H3avyM3tal
12-11-07, 01:57 PM
Yeah, I think that was a stupid question to begin with. I don't wanna do a halfassed job with this...
I think soldering is the way to go here. I just need to add about 1cm to the hight, just need to figure out a good way to do it.

LORD-eX-Bu
12-11-07, 01:59 PM
what about the corsair memory cooler? I don't know...I'm gonna go out on a limb here but I'd wager that theirs might fit properly :rofl

jcrox
12-11-07, 02:17 PM
what about the corsair memory cooler? I don't know...I'm gonna go out on a limb here but I'd wager that theirs might fit properly :rofl

Strangely enough, my corsair memory cooler does fit properly!!!

H3avyM3tal
12-11-07, 02:19 PM
Obviously, but I want blue lights :drooling:

:retard:

jcrox
12-11-07, 02:27 PM
Yeah I like the pretty blue lights too, between my case, my HSF and PSU it glows pretty good.... I wanted that OCZ cooler but I already had the corsair memory so I'm S.O.L. also on that one. just get one of those $12 cathode tube dealies and stick it right next to the corsair cooler... it'll light up the whole room

H3avyM3tal
12-11-07, 02:30 PM
Lol, we all act like little children once in a while ^^;

TheBigOne
12-11-07, 10:12 PM
Just use Arctic Silver Aluminia Termal Adhesive, It themal adhesive work good, using on my Video cards Regulator Heatsink that came with my Swiftech video card water block. (Warning use the white one not the sliver, The silver create capacitance and could damage your ram use the white paste no capacitance at all. Here a link.

1. http://www.arcticsilver.com/arctic_alumina_thermal_adhesive.htm

LORD-eX-Bu
12-11-07, 10:13 PM
:headexplode:

TheBigOne
12-11-07, 10:21 PM
I thought they are talking about the heatsink to to the ram directly, didn't realize it was the ram cooler to go on the heatsink.

XDanger
12-12-07, 03:39 PM
http://www.ocztechnology.com/products/cooling_products/ocz_xtc_cooler

You get two sets of brackets with the cooler ,You may be able to do some modding on them to make an extended bracket, Maybe with a dremel or something :)

Or you could use Meccano/Erector to extend it

Wouldnt it get in the way of your cpu hsf?

What kind of memory is that, thats too high?