PDA

View Full Version : Offended Or Upset About Hot Coffee? Make $35!

nekrosoft13
12-12-07, 12:14 AM
Under the terms of the settlement, class members will be able to claim benefits if they swear that they: (a) bought a copy of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas before July 20, 2005; (b) were offended and upset by the ability of consumers to modify and alter the game's content using the third-party Hot Coffee modification; (c ) would not have bought the game had they known that consumers could modify and alter the game's content using the third-party Hot Coffee modification; and (d) would have returned the game, upon learning the game could be modified and altered, if they thought this possible. Settlement class members who attest to these facts may apply for benefits that range from an exchange of the game disk for an edited copy of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas to a cash payment of up to $35 for consumers who submit detailed proofs of purchase.

More info
http://ir.take2games.com/ReleaseDetail.cfm?ReleaseID=274847

Source
http://www.gtagaming.com/sanandreas/

Hoopla
12-12-07, 12:36 AM
I'm sure some idiots out there will actually do it.

3DBrad
12-12-07, 12:40 AM
When will Rockstar learn?

nutcrackr
12-12-07, 01:03 AM
I won't claim it because its stupid, but I could.

ViN86
12-12-07, 01:26 AM
the issue is just the rating, right?

cause if it's over the actual content, then wtf is happening to freedom of speech? :wtf:

NaitoSan
12-12-07, 01:32 AM
this is lame. i have a copy of this that has hot coffee in it. i'm not going to do this just to get $35 back. i guess freedom of speech is no longer around because people will always complain no matter what.

stncttr908
12-12-07, 01:54 AM
the issue is just the rating, right?

cause if it's over the actual content, then wtf is happening to freedom of speech? :wtf:
To me it seems like plastering TV-MA all over a show and then not being able to say **** or show a gaping vageen.

3DBrad
12-12-07, 11:11 AM
It was advertised as MA, but its content was AO.

LORD-eX-Bu
12-12-07, 11:55 AM
whoo hoo free $35 here I come :D

SH64
12-12-07, 12:00 PM
whoo hoo free $35 here I come :D
So you're offended ? & thats your sig huh ? :lol:

Feyy
12-12-07, 12:10 PM
So you're offended ? & thats your sig huh ? :lol:

(owned)

Tr1cK
12-12-07, 12:12 PM
Who couldn't use an extra $35? It's not like I play the damn game anymore.

edit: I might play it once more.
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=104139

nemecb
12-12-07, 12:16 PM
were offended and upset by the ability of consumers to modify and alter the game's content using the third-party Hot Coffee modification
OMG you mean someone could change a game to make it do something dirty?! Say it ain't so! I mean, people could do heinous things like create topless skins for video game characters. That would be horrible and totally destroy society as we know it!

Wait, you mean that's been happening since...umm...forever? In that case we better ban all video games period! Can't risk exposing the children to that kind of filth!

I hate people. I really do.:headexplode:

g-a-m-e
12-12-07, 12:58 PM
I won't claim it because its stupid, but I could.

Why .. You were offended ?

Athena
12-12-07, 02:22 PM
free money FTW!!!

Bah!
12-12-07, 02:43 PM
This has nothing to do with free speech, dummies.

XDanger
12-12-07, 05:55 PM
I have the UK version with the hard cover book, Is that Hot Coffee enabled?

ViN86
12-12-07, 07:39 PM
OMG you mean someone could change a game to make it do something dirty?! Say it ain't so! I mean, people could do heinous things like create topless skins for video game characters. That would be horrible and totally destroy society as we know it!

Wait, you mean that's been happening since...umm...forever? In that case we better ban all video games period! Can't risk exposing the children to that kind of filth!

I hate people. I really do.:headexplode:
long gone are the days of Duke Nukem and "Shake it baby" :(

3DBrad
12-12-07, 07:42 PM
The "Shake it" thing in Duke Nukem could be turned off and password-protected and also the dancer was just a sprite animation. :p

Duke Nukem was the game when I was a kid. :p