PDA

View Full Version : SLI and multi-monitor

Toni123
12-15-07, 09:43 AM
Is there any way to have two monitors and SLI enabled at same time? I have Striker Extreme (680i) and 2*8800 GTX. At launch of 680 one of options was to use third card for second monitor, but, according to Nvidia at that time "as a possible future option". Has that option been enabled? I would prefer to know if that is possible before buying third VC and second monitor...

dxx
12-15-07, 01:45 PM
Is there any way to have two monitors and SLI enabled at same time? I have Striker Extreme (680i) and 2*8800 GTX. At launch of 680 one of options was to use third card for second monitor, but, according to Nvidia at that time "as a possible future option". Has that option been enabled? I would prefer to know if that is possible before buying third VC and second monitor...

As far as I can tell, nVidia thought it was difficult enough going when they managed to make the drivers work so that the system didn't need to be rebooted to change from multi-GPU to multi-monitor mode and back, and have had to go to lie down for a bit. As far as I can tell, multimonitors and SLI remains too much of a stretch for the nV driver team to handle, which is a shame, as I'd really have liked to have had my two 22" monitors driven by SLI. Still, if they don't mind losing sales, eh?

Slammin
12-15-07, 10:48 PM
Oh please. :thumbdwn:

ViN86
12-15-07, 11:33 PM
let's just say, nvidia has promised us a lot of things regarding SLi and multiple monitors, and not too much has panned out yet. :thumbdwn:

MUYA
12-15-07, 11:34 PM
SLI and multiple multi monitors are supported on certain hihg end Quadros only I think...

JcFlys
12-16-07, 12:04 AM
It was very annoying when they went from switching without shutting down to the current mode that requires a restart. It is so fing annoying having to restart. I like to be able to surf with my multiple monitors and dont want to have to restart just because I finished playing my game.

They really need to get their ***** together with this!!!!!!!!!!