PDA

View Full Version : Me n My hanging Pc :(

omg23
12-15-07, 05:03 PM
hay i was wondering if any1 of u guys can help out here...i have a amd athlon 64bit ,2gb ram,7300Gt card...everything was fine till i got the 7300Gt...the day i started using this card..after 5-10 mins of using the card...my pc is getting stuck...it is giving 100% definition of the word hang...i cant access anything all i can do is restart...i cudnt solve this problem..and got myself a crappy pc..som1 plz enlighten me on this...plzz

LORD-eX-Bu
12-15-07, 05:07 PM
:headexplode:

you have to give the golem the lightning rod before you can kill the elk :headexplode:

EDIT: its probably your PSU or drivers.

omg23
12-15-07, 05:15 PM
i formatted the pc...like 2 times buddy...the ram is ddr1 suppose tht cann b of any help

LORD-eX-Bu
12-15-07, 05:16 PM
reset your bios settings to default and see if that helps.

omg23
12-15-07, 05:19 PM
been ther done tht....sorry but not to piss u off or sumthin like tht...i have tried tht also..ive bee nwidout a pc fer almost 3-4 months...and all i get per day is 5mins and then the pc hangs...em missin out on all d fun :((

CaptNKILL
12-15-07, 05:21 PM
Did you install the latest video card drivers from www.nvidia.com ?

omg23
12-15-07, 05:23 PM
i installed the drivers from the cd given wid the driver...yes i have tried tht also...i downloaded them and installed...no luck

Bman212121
12-15-07, 05:28 PM
It's possible that the card is bad then. If your having issues put the old card back in if you can and see what happens. If the computer starts working right again then it is most likely a bad video card.

omg23
12-15-07, 05:30 PM
thnxs a lot guys...will try doing tht its 5 in d mornin 4 me..will try the old card...do u think i shud change the mother board...because it is being too old ddr1 and all...

dxx
12-15-07, 06:48 PM
Generally speaking, when we're troubleshooting a problem, we look at what caused the issue to begin with, and start swapping parts from there, or at least where needs be.

In this case, the issue only arose after the graphics card was changed. I'm not sure what perversion of logic you are following to conclude that your motherboard and RAM need replaced because they are only DDR1 when the problem is not evident with those parts installed and the new graphics card not installed. If the problem only occurs with the card in place, this means one of three things:

1) Overheating
2) Faulty card
3) Faulty AGP port

A faulty PSU has been suggested, but what's the draw of a 7300GT? Pretty minimal, I'd guess.

Anyway. Faulty AGP port can be ruled out by putting a different AGP card in. If it's stable with a known-good AGP card, the host system is in perfect order.

Faulty card can be diagnosed most easily by doing a two-way swap. It may not be the silicon that's faulty. Could the fan be locked?

That all said, the most likely cause for a solid freeze is overheating. The simple diagnostic step for this is taking the side off your system and, if you can, blowing a fan into the case. If crashes cease, you've found your cause.

CaptNKILL
12-15-07, 09:20 PM
For what its worth, its most likely a PCI-Express card. :)

LORD-eX-Bu
12-15-07, 09:22 PM
maybe his cpu hsf isn't seated properly?

omg23
12-16-07, 12:04 AM
the cpu was in d same position since 1 year man...will try out all these which u ugys told and let u knw...ASAP...thnxs a lot

jeffmd
12-16-07, 11:35 AM
ENGLISH! Please type it! This is not a phone... we are not in an IM session.

If you're working on a vanilla (you reinstalled nothing but motherboard drivers and the like), you should beable to count out driver issues..

As for your PSU needs, 7300gt shouldnt be much of a power hog unless you are running a mini tower with a small 250 watt power supply.

Other then that, reseat the 7300 in the slot or reinstall your old video card and see if the lockups persist. If they go away, your 7300 is probably damaged. If they do not, I would look at the memory as being the problem (read, dead).

Tr1cK
12-16-07, 01:26 PM
1-The 7300 could have some screwed up factory clocks.
2-The 7300 could be physically faulty.
3-You could have hit a component with static electricity when you installed it.
4-Any PSU should be fast enough to power a 7300.

That's all I can think of right now. You need to troubleshoot instead of just asking whats wrong. Start by removing the 7300 and putting the old card back in. If it runs fine, then I would lean towards problem #1 or #2. If it still shows problems, then the rest of your system needs evaluation and the problem could be #3 which means your motherboard or RAM could be faulty. I have also seen bad hard drives completely lock a system. I just had to replace a friends last week due to that.

Also, please try to type more clearly. This isn't an English class, but you will get better and more thorough responses if you put more effort into your posts.