PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else bored of Crysis?

Pages : [1] 2

3DBrad
12-17-07, 12:38 AM
To me, it was more of a tech demo than a game. I have the box sitting here, haven't played it in a while, and don't plan on it until the SDK is released, then I can have some fun importing/modding the game.

But overall, the game isn't that fun, except multiplayer can be, but all DX10 servers are laggy, so that means only DX9, which means, no breakable stuff.

LORD-eX-Bu
12-17-07, 12:40 AM
I like to play with the editor thats about it. I haven't touched the game since I finished it a couple of weeks ago.

I want to model a couple of guns and maybe some new military characters like Navy SEALS and import them using the SDK when it comes out. I'm pretty good with 3DS, just been having fun with it for a while getting used to version 9 :D

Roliath
12-17-07, 12:40 AM
I got fed up with the VTOL level and stopped playing, i'll finish it soon though.

SH64
12-17-07, 12:41 AM
Board ?

LORD-eX-Bu
12-17-07, 12:42 AM
as in the wooden plank? :rofl

3DBrad
12-17-07, 01:01 AM
LOL, sorry, it's 1am, I meant bored. :p

jeffmd
12-17-07, 01:02 AM
I still love the early game..it just started sucking after the alien vessal.

3DBrad
12-17-07, 01:08 AM
Yep.

I kept going back to play in the first level (the demo level) just to break trees, etc.

einstein_314
12-17-07, 01:18 AM
I just beat it today and I loved it. The later levels where definitely not of the same quality as the first ones (didn't feel as polished). But I had a great time playing it. I took my time and had a lot of fun. Now I'm playing with the sandbox editor. There's some pretty fun stuff you can do.

Redeemed
12-17-07, 02:30 AM
I haven't even played it yet- don't have a copy. Several people have hinted at me possibly getting it for x-mas, so I'm waiting to see. If not, then of course I'll go right out and buy it along with the orange box. :p

I'm actually stoked. I'm looking forward to this "cliff-hanger ending" every seems so upset about. That's what I loved about HL, HL2, and HL2: EP1- you were left wondering what the **** happened next. :lol: Good stuff! :D

v3rninater
12-17-07, 04:09 AM
Not bored with it, waiting for the darn patches to come out so I can actually use vista again. Cause right now I play crysis on XP, which is much better then vista/64.

I loved this game, it's got sooo much potential, I can't wait for mods. Should be ez too, with the editor out right on the spot. Shouldn't be long, and we'll see some pretty nice mods.

I would love co-op Crysis!!...LOL!

SlickRig
12-17-07, 04:50 AM
Cause right now I play crysis on XP, which is much better then vista/64.

Install all the updates and hotfixes to Vista 64. I only lose 1-2fps in Vista 64 using the DX9 path over playing it in XP.

Revs
12-17-07, 05:41 AM
I've been holding off waiting for this darn patch. But now i've got it running sweet in DX10 (thanks to the SP1 RC) i'm playing it again. Was playing all day sunday and i'm just up to the floaty bit. Everyone's saying it's a bit poo from here on in. I guess i'll see. Loving it so far though. I'm gonna play through it again over x-mas if the patch is released.

C'mon Crytek, stop playing with yourselfs and get it sorted!

crainger
12-17-07, 05:44 AM
Yep. Crysis like Bioshock, came, saw and conquered, then made a hasty retreat as games with more substance spiked our interests.

Revs
12-17-07, 05:44 AM
Install all the updates and hotfixes to Vista 64. I only lose 1-2fps in Vista 64 using the DX9 path over playing it in XP.

Yeah, also nVidia have really pulled through with these latest drivers :)

agentkay
12-17-07, 08:23 AM
No.

Tr1cK
12-17-07, 09:23 AM
I was bored of it before it ever launched. Hype kills games for me.

Revs
12-17-07, 10:17 AM
The WOW factor would have been greater if it wasn't for the hype, that's for sure.

grey_1
12-17-07, 11:39 AM
I'm bored with it and I don't even have it yet. :p

Just can't get interested in buying it.

Revs
12-17-07, 11:48 AM
That's a pitty Gray, cos it is a really good game IMO. I can understand where you're coming from, but you shouldn't let others effect your opinion. Get the game and make up your own mind. Anyone who likes FPS's will at least like it. If you like the demo, the rest of the game gets alot better.

einstein_314
12-17-07, 02:00 PM
I've been holding off waiting for this darn patch. But now i've got it running sweet in DX10 (thanks to the SP1 RC) i'm playing it again. Was playing all day sunday and i'm just up to the floaty bit. Everyone's saying it's a bit poo from here on in. I guess i'll see. Loving it so far though. I'm gonna play through it again over x-mas if the patch is released.

C'mon Crytek, stop playing with yourselfs and get it sorted!
I loved the floaty level. I thought it was great. But after that, it basically turns into a run and gun crap fest. Lol. Ok it's not that bad. I just preferred the ability to do stealthy stuff. It's still loads of fun.

Saintster
12-17-07, 02:10 PM
Played it once and I wont play it again until there's a video card that can run it with DX 10 turned up. It was ok but not enough to warrant another go just yet.

agentkay
12-17-07, 02:20 PM
I'm bored with it and I don't even have it yet. :p

Just can't get interested in buying it.

It's your loss but it is clearly the best FPS this year. ;)

XDanger
12-17-07, 02:34 PM
BORED OF CRYSIS!! Thats just crazy talk

You're crazy!

I am not listening

LA LA LA LA LA LA LA

methimpikehoses
12-17-07, 03:08 PM
Played it through 3 times on SP. Great game.

It will sit on my shelf though until a new card comes down the pike.

I would definitely play new maps/mods if they are good.