PDA

View Full Version : Step up, ASUS - Abit makes ALL NF7 revisions 400mHz ready!

AshG
04-19-03, 05:12 PM
Hey guys, I caught this (http://www.rojakpot.com/default.aspx?location=3&var1=26&var2=0) a few days ago, and have been discussing it around in various nVidia sanctuaries. This is from about halfway down:

Thankfully, ABIT will offer official 400MHz FSB support with all revisions of the ABIT NF7-S motherboard. And why not? After all, the only difference between Revision 1.2 (or older) and Revision 2.0 of the ABIT NF7-S is the use of a new stepping of the NVIDIA nForce2 chipset.

However, a BIOS update will be required for the older revisions to "officially" support the new 400MHz FSB. This is more than just updating the CPU table. Apparently, the new BIOS will feature some tweaks as well. So make sure you get the BIOS updates when they are released if you want to fully support the new 400MHz FSB processors.

If Abit can do this with the same chipset steppings as ASUS, then we should be next in line. I'm not advocating that everyone sign some silly petition or mass email some joe at the company, but I think we should find a way to make our voices heard - "They could do it ASUS, why won't you?"

saturnotaku
04-19-03, 08:00 PM
I sure am glad I got an Abit for my nForce2. They have yet to steer me wrong. :D

SavagePaladin
04-20-03, 05:09 AM
heck, I'm glad I went Abit for my nforce1. While I really ought to upgrade someday, I don't know when that day will be. (I'd be just as comfortable slapping a 2400+ and a new vidcard in here.)