PDA

View Full Version : Ghost Recon - Advanced WarFighter!

ATOJAR
12-19-07, 10:11 AM
Whats this GRAW actually like? ... i got it free with my mobo and i still havent even got around to playing the thing yet! ...... as i said whats peoples opinions on Ghost Recon - Advanced WarFighter, im thinking about installing and having a bash! is it worth playing?

agentkay
12-19-07, 10:15 AM
Yes it is definitely worth playing. It's a tactical and squad-based FPS with decent visuals and some of the best weapon sound that I have ever heard. It also has decent AI and physics and you don't need to install the Ageia drivers (unless you have a PPU) because software physics run with Havok.

Jonelo
12-19-07, 11:22 AM
edit

SH64
12-19-07, 11:30 AM
Its worth it if you like tactical shooters , otherwise it will get frustrating sometimes for you.

Destroy
12-19-07, 12:16 PM
If its GRAW1 sell it on ebay or something, GRAW2 is much more refined and how GRAW1 should have been in the first place.

SlickRig
12-19-07, 02:14 PM
Its worth it if you like tactical shooters , otherwise it will get frustrating sometimes for you.

The latter levels are a royal pain in the &^%$&^$

3DBrad
12-19-07, 02:52 PM
You can decompress some packages and edit some files to enable "God mode" which also means unlimited ammo. :D

SH64
12-19-07, 03:35 PM
You can decompress some packages and edit some files to enable "God mode" which also means unlimited ammo. :D
You can do this to all games , but really whats the point of cheating if there's no challenge :confused:
instead you can always play in easiest difficulty levels & yet have fun.

Slides
12-19-07, 10:44 PM
How realistic is it? Is it one of those games where you have to shoot the enemy 10 times before it makes any difference?

Bokishi
12-20-07, 01:14 AM
I was never able to beat pc GRAW1, too hard

Destroy
07-18-11, 06:52 PM
Necro time, my q is not worthy of a new thread IMO.

I remember trying to play through GRAW1 and got frustrated with the AI, pathfinding and other things I don't remember any more.

Was this game ever patched up to decent playable condition or perhaps moded to make it into decent playable condition?

JohnDio
07-18-11, 08:13 PM
As far as I know, the SP AI is still bugged and can see you from miles away. GRAW 2 online however was a great experience and among the best I have ever had

Albo
07-18-11, 08:15 PM
Never liked these games, too slow, IMO.

=assassin=
07-20-11, 04:56 PM
I never got anywhere with GRAW - game is too hard. No manual save as far as I remember, and I spent ages getting quite far, before a random shot from what could have been anywhere, suddenly knocks me out dead. I re-did it 3 times before giving up, and uninstalled. Such a shame as I was really looking forward to it. I was always hoping there would be a mod that added manual save, to make it possible to progress further, but I never found anything.

Quick420
07-20-11, 10:21 PM
Never liked these games, too slow, IMO.

Ditto(nana2)

Blade
07-21-11, 06:13 AM
Tactical rocks! SWAT 4, Ghost Recon, Hidden & Dangerous, all class acts.

Quick420
07-21-11, 08:58 AM
Tactical rocks! SWAT 4, Ghost Recon, Hidden & Dangerous, all class acts.

For some reason I liked Swat4,just didnt like graw1 that much and passed on part 2.Maybe I'll have a look at it.;)

Bearclaw
07-21-11, 09:42 AM
This was one of the first games I bought after I built my first gaming rig. Great game, just couldn't save at will. Kept going back to save checkpoints which suck.

Blade
07-21-11, 10:54 AM
Absolutely true. Also the good old R6 are fantastic.
I prefer those games over any "modern" CoD or BF/BC!

Agreed, tactical for real men, run n gun for kiddies ;)

Blade
11-25-11, 01:13 PM
**** em, glory days are over for old skool gamers, my kbm from my cold dead hand ;)

Edit: Must learn to read threads properly & not whilst visiting with Mr J.D :)