PDA

View Full Version : Antialiasing artifacts on Quadro FX 3400

cms6204
12-20-07, 10:51 PM
I have been using antialiasing on the NVIDIA Quadro FX 3400 graphics cards, with driver version 8.4.2.6. Setting "Antialiasing settings" to 8xS in the control panel has worked fine on four of five seemingly identically-configured systems (same card, driver, computer, monitor, etc.).

However, on the other system, changing this setting has resulted in some strange artifacts: random lines protruding around a couple of meshes (both of which use vertex buffers, if that is relevant). This happens (with slightly different artifacts) at 2x and 4x settings also, but completely goes away with the antialiasing turned off.

I have tried selecting a few different Active Profiles (including 3D Studio Max, Maya, and 3D Visualization), but I get similar behavior with each. I have checked that all of the other graphics card settings seem to be the same as on the other four systems (although there might be some difference I have missed), and the graphics driver version is the same (8.4.2.6).

Potentially I could re-install the 8.4.2.6 driver or upgrade to the latest driver, but for various reasons it would be highly preferable to try any other potential solutions first.

Any ideas?

Thank you very much.