PDA

View Full Version : Vista And A Digital Tuner

Mr Bigman
12-20-07, 11:41 PM
When will Vista support QAM on TV tuners that support QAM?

Im hoping for this soon cuz i got a VistaView dual tuner that will do Digital cable but i don't think the OS supports it yet but Hauppauge does with there software.

This would be exciting for those who don't want to use settop boxes.

six_storm
12-21-07, 08:35 AM
Vista MCE will NOT support QAM I don't think. For example, I have a Visiontek 650HD (ATI). It doesn't work with Vista MCE but it's rumored to work with the catalyst media center software. Could be wrong though.

Mr Bigman
12-22-07, 12:44 AM
So even though it won't work in side of MCE, if i use a QAM app like Hauppauge or ATI MCE, i can get all the digital cable channels about 125 except for the premium ones?

I use DirectTV HD and all but would like to use the cable for the HTPC since its availble anyway cuz i have Comcast highspeed interent.

Rakeesh
12-22-07, 01:08 AM
I think you broke him again six_storm.

six_storm
12-22-07, 08:37 AM
So even though it won't work in side of MCE, if i use a QAM app like Hauppauge or ATI MCE, i can get all the digital cable channels about 125 except for the premium ones?

I use DirectTV HD and all but would like to use the cable for the HTPC since its availble anyway cuz i have Comcast highspeed interent.

Not real sure TBH. Check out AVSForum.com. I just know for my ATI/Visiontek 650HD QAM only works with ATI MCE and Vista. :thumbdwn: Comcast FTL.